Status
Not open for further replies.

Esoterica3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Sedona, AZ
www.leslivresthebooks.com
I ordered 2 spinners that arrived to me on Feb 15th, shortly after they came out.

I like them, but don't use them that often as I still mostly prefer the regular 78s.

So One of my spinners just stopped working yesterday. I assumed it had run out of charge, so I put it on the charger and the light on the spinner flashed several times and went out, then flashed about 20 more times, the light on the charger went to red and then turned green within an hour.

So tried it again, pressed the button and got no light and no power. Put it back on the charger and again the batt light flashes, goes out, flashed about 20 more times, and the charger light shows green. Tried it on the second charger I have with the same results. I had bought 2 spinner chargers at the same time I purchased the spinners. I am using it on the volt wall charger.

When I charge the still working battery, the batt light flashes a few times, then stays on for awhile while it is charging, the charger light is red, then turns green when charged and the batt light turns off after a bit of time before it is fully charged.

So I left the bad one on the charger for several more hours, but still no luck. Tried pulling up the center post a bit, but again nothing.

Is this spinner a goner? Have only had it a few months and it literally has only gone through about 5 charges (as mentioned earlier, I don't use them that often).

I've had regular 78s for almost 2 years now, and none of them has quit on me yet...I have about 30 of them so none really gets too much regular use, though I expect some to die at some point.

But this spinner thing, I'm just not sure what else to do or think.

Anyone else having similar problems? or any other ideas I could try?

Thanks so much :)!

CatLady007

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
FL Panhandle
Not too weird, though: The first time this happened to me with an X2 manual, I, too, thought my batt had died, and tried charging it a couple of times. A tiny, niggling thought told me to try the 5 clicks; lo and behold--that did the trick. I've caught myself, a couple of times since, turning it off while fumbling the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread