The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Spinner...from altsmoke

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by penguinfan, Feb 2, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Ok got a alot of stuff...batteries a tank with mouth piece and several coil head...The novi tank..came assembled ....should it be ready to go....The wick looks very short...much smaller than my extras.

2. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    yup you should be ready to go, as long as it is a real vision tank all i can say is the older heads had short wicks and the new ones are all long wick now.

3. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    it is a nova clearimizer tank...from altsmoke.

4. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    vision is the manufacturer of the real one, i do not know if the one alt sells is real or not as there are many knockoffs maybe someone else will know but i do know the older heads had short wicks and all the newer ones are long.

5. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I went to the page and it confirms short wick....funny thing is on the package it suggest at least using 2.0...unfortunately I bought 4 1.8's....hope it doesn't make much of a difference. I actually think I need to charge it out of the box.

When you press the button 5x should it stay on auto or is it manual still

6. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    if it is an ego style battery the 5 on/off thing is to turn the battery off and on for transporting, when on you have to hold the button down to take a drag. 1.8 heads will work fine usually they recommend the 2.0 or higher for the spinner and twist so you have more range to play with the voltage. as 1.8 is on the lower end and wont leave much room to go to high if you have an adjustable voltage device.

7. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    Seems to be working...Using the chart I printed out and I think I am fine up to 4.5...Though I may have gone past it...I think Johnson Creek is not that great....Not horrible just not great....I might actually be fine taking this to work...I doubt the tank will leak...
    I might stick with the 2.4 or above...even if I won't waste the others...perhaps save em for last...so should the head last a about a month

EDIT:I misread the chart..should be fine up to 3.7 on the 1.8s

8. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
  9. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    I think I read herd to use the battery for 20mins and then to the intial charge...how long should I charge

I spent less than 100.00 on my order...and I was told by someone here it is a copy(they said if the site puts their name on it is a copy)....do the legit ones sell for a lot more?...It seemed like from some post a legit should cost a lot more...unless I just misinterpreted what was said...I certainly can't buy something that is 200.00 just for one part

OK the instructions are pretty clear....just one (perhaps stupid) question...the last piece (on the right of course)...is that inside the mouth piece(perhaps use a paper clip to remove it)?

10. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    they cost roughly the same, they should be fully charged before using them. you can use one while charging the other but they usually only have a half of a charge or less for testing at the factory so it wont last long.
    many of the knock off brands are built like and last just as long as the originals.

many people would be surprised to find out who actually makes what in this industry.

11. hvac999

hvac999 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    By far, my 1300mah Spinner is my favorite eGo battery. A real Spinner will say Vision on the side.

12. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
    it is an ego spinner variable(might have gone with a real one if I had known)..nova tank 2.4 came installed...using johnson creek as that is all I have at the moment. NOt the best juice but at least I am not getting a burnt taste..I went with 2 900mah.
    Being a newbie I am not going to worry too much about it being a knockoff.
    I don't plan on getting into some of the more complicated areas of vaping like wrapping my own coil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.