Spooky battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

murrajes

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Austin
I have this ego battery (1000mah). It's only about 4 months old. It's my "go-to" among the 3 I use. This stupid thing just doesn't charge right! I can plug it in at home and leave it for 5-6 hours and the light is still red. Then I take it to work to finish it up and it's done in about an hour. I charge all my batteries in the same outlet using the same charger. The other 2, charge as expected. Today I brought my "go-to" (my favorite pink one) and it's been charging since 7:15 this morning! I'm getting paranoid that it's gonna blow. What gives?

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
I have a brand new, straight out of the box eGO 650mAh blue 4-click LED batt that's performed similarly. I'm now in the last phase of charge testing it and will report the findings afterwards. I reported it to the vendor and was given "reset" instructions and I'm following them along with instructions from the manual.

I have another, identical one purchased at the same time that performs properly with perhaps one exception that doesn't particularly please me. Both of them have a 7-second cutoff. I'm used to double, sometimes triple-hitting my eGO batts with a 10-12 second cutoff and I can't take a decent double-hit with the new ones without them cutting me off short and the LED flashing 8 times. The flashing LED bugs me maybe more than the actual cutoff....like, "Hurry up, you piddling basteroid!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread