Spools of SS 316?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TEMCO to sell SS 316

I bought 100 ft roll of Kanthal A1 and emailed TEMCO about fact that vapers are looking for SS 316 wire and a salesman wrote back saying that they will be carrying spools within weeks.

Sounds good to me.

Is there anywhere else you can get a spool? 25ft, 50ft, 100ft +?

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
Delco Wire Winding. They sell to the medical industry as well as to resellers who cater to medical practices. This is certified 316L manufactured and drawn in the US specifically for use within the medical field. Sold in 1oz, 4oz and 1lb spools at outstanding prices. 4oz of 26g 316L = 365 feet of wire, 1lb of 24g 316L = 917 feet of wire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy-Chi
Delco Wire Winding. They sell to the medical industry as well as to resellers who cater to medical practices. This is certified 316L manufactured and drawn in the US specifically for use within the medical field. Sold as 1oz, 4oz and 1lb spools. 1lb of 24g 316L = 917 feet of wire.

Great! I'll add them to my list and buy some ASAP.

Reactions: sig-cmt
Delco Wire Winding. They sell to the medical industry as well as to resellers who cater to medical practices. This is certified 316L manufactured and drawn in the US specifically for use within the medical field. Sold in 1oz, 4oz and 1lb spools at outstanding prices. 4oz of 26g 316L = 365 feet of wire, 1lb of 24g 316L = 917 feet of wire.

Just a quick question. If I was to order for Armageddon / Vapocalypse, what gauge other than 24 should I order in for wire? So far this is what I have:

Kanthal, Ti, SS 316L, NiCr80 ?
22 awg -
24 awg - have 100 feet in Kanthal A1
26 awg -
28 awg -
30 awg -
32 awg -

Ribbon Wire
- 0.4x0.1mm
- 0.5x0.1mm - have 50 feet
- 0.8x0.1mm

Last edited:

LarryImpractical

Feb 8, 2016
TEMCO to sell SS 316

I bought 100 ft roll of Kanthal A1 and emailed TEMCO about fact that vapers are looking for SS 316 wire and a salesman wrote back saying that they will be carrying spools within weeks.

Sounds good to me.

Is there anywhere else you can get a spool? 25ft, 50ft, 100ft +?
This is great news. I only buy my Ti grade 1 from Temco & its super clean. Been searching them for 316L & could never find it. Hope they carry more than just 316. I would like to try some 317 and 403.

I bought what is supposed to be 316L from a jewelry store on ebay. Was cheap for 25 feet but worried if it's not real 316L since when using it on my RX200 I can't use the TCR value of 88/92. It jumps out of TC mode unless I use 110-120.

This is great news. I only buy my Ti grade 1 from Temco & its super clean. Been searching them for 316L & could never find it. Hope they carry more than just 316. I would like to try some 317 and 403.

I bought what is supposed to be 316L from a jewelry store on ebay. Was cheap for 25 feet but worried if it's not real 316L since when using it on my RX200 I can't use the TCR value of 88/92. It jumps out of TC mode unless I use 110-120.

Go to the website and look for their email contact. Let them know what you're looking for and it's possible they will carry it in the future.

LarryImpractical

Feb 8, 2016
Just a quick question. If I was to order for Armageddon / Vapocalypse, what gauge other than 24 should I order in for wire? So far this is what I have:

Kanthal, Ti, SS 316, NiCr80 ?
22 awg -
24 awg - have 100 feet in Kanthal A1
26 awg -
28 awg -
30 awg -
32 awg -

Ribbon Wire
- 0.4x0.1mm
- 0.5x0.1mm - have 50 feet
- 0.8x0.1mm
In a vaporgeddon I would only have 26 & 24 gauge of Ti, Kanthal & SS. That's what my RTA's & drippers use. Especially in a true armageddon, your not gonna have time to build a fused clapton 36 over 26 when the zombies are coming.

In a vaporgeddon I would only have 26 & 24 gauge of Ti, Kanthal & SS. That's what my RTA's & drippers use. Especially in a true armageddon, your not gonna have time to build a fused clapton 36 over 26 when the zombies are coming.

:rolleyes:

Mkay..... hahahahaha! Taking copious notes!!!

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
...what gauge other than 24 should I order in for wire?
I am content with four basic gauges: 28-22. This is what I have at home. Double this amount at work.

ss_316L_spools.jpg

I only buy my Ti [G]rade 1...from Temco & [it's] super clean.
Can confirm :) . 24g Ti Grade 1 from Rio Grande is not bad either...

temco_rio.grande_unkamen.jpg

Another secret. Temco does sell on Ebay but it's $1.00 more on Ebay than their actual website for the same spool.

Want to know something weird. I owned a web hosting company btw 94-97, had 10+ employees, and I've never bought one thing off of EBay. I know. Crazy right! I think I've been there 10X.

I love PayPal, and wish every site would use it because I trust it, and I know it's a spin-off of EBay, but I get a funny feeling when I go to that site. No money to gamble with. Makes me feel strange if I have to check credentials. And I'd guess I'm not alone. I'll bet that the reason why it never took off like Amazon is just that.

Andromendous

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
Oklahoma, USA
How do i buy from them? All i see is "minimum charge $50" and no where to purchase. So I have to buy a 1000 ft if i want any at all?

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
DWW is admittedly an old-fashioned business. Disregard the minimum charge notation. Send them an email (which serves as a PO) with your desired order. In turn, they will reply with an invoice including shipping via UPS. Send them a check, or money order. Once your payment has been received and processed, your order will be shipped. You have now established credit with them and subsequent orders will simply require an email. As before, you will be invoiced total cost including shipping. Only this time your order will be shipped out without having to pay beforehand. Send them a check, or money order. Done. Again, the process is old-fashioned. But it works.

Last edited:

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
I wanted to pop in and say thanks for bringing up DWW. I asked if the minimum charge was strict and they said they can waive it. I'm finishing up placing an order with them and just wanted to let everyone know that you can also pay them through Pay Pal, so you don't have to wait for them to receive a check of money order. I e-mailed them my order and they asked if I could do Pay Pal, and just asked my contact info. They said they'll get the invoice through them and once they receive my payment they'll send my order out. Getting some 26, 28 and 32 gauge so I can make some claptons.

Reactions: sig-cmt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread