• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Spreadin' the word in the Windy City

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Hello all!
Time for another e-cig adventure in the life that is MlrGrl LOL
(For the new people here: my hubby's job was recently relocated down to CHI. He's going to do his best to commute, but he does have a little apt. in the loop within walking distance of work for those late work nights. So, my 2 DDs and I have gone down a couple times so the girls understand that daddy really isn't leaving us....LOL)

When we last left CHI, our double decker tour bus had side swiped a city bus and our end of the day tour was cut short. I called the company & they had sent us new passes to use on our next trip down. I wanted to use them before school started (read: knew I'd misplace them somewhere so we better use them fast), so we headed down there last week.

We had a great time. The last thing we got off to see was the Hancock Building (it is still called that, right?? j/k LOL). I heard my text ding go off, but didn't bother to look at it. While we were working our way out of the building, at about 5:05,n& I finally look at my phone. The message read "You are going to get hit in about 15 min. Storm reaches Madison to Iowa"....and I'm reading it as we are approaching the doors....yup! it was POURING!!
Now, we are warned that the last pick up of by the bus' is at 6pm, but you really don't want to wait until 6pm since rush hour does play havic on that. No, I really don't know what it all means, but I knew I didn't want to risk it and wanted to be out of the building no later than 5:15 to allow us plenty of time.

Busses are suppose to hit the stops about every 15 min, but with the storm right at rush hour, I knew to be patient. Not wanting to risk missing the bus, we stood outside under the covering. Next to me was the sign that read smokers couldn't be less than (15? 25?) feet from the door. The girls smiled up at me LOL.
Other people were waiting with us and eventually a couple of them who wanted to have an analog stood as close to the edge of the cover as possible to have their smokes. OF COURSE I decided to bring out my trusty 510! LOL Truthfully, had we not been chit chatting ahead of time, I don't know if I would have done it, but they seemed friendly enough LOL

Who knows where it will lead, but there was initially 2 people in that group that I talked to about it, then as the time drug on and people came out of the building and overheard us talking, they joined in (I think they were waiting for the rain to let up a little before heading out) and by the time 6pm came, I probably chatted with a good 7-10 people and gave away all my Cigtechs cards (they are located in a CHI suburb, so I figured I'd carry he who is in the back yard).
Like on Vick's trip to St. Louis, no one said anything to me when I was on the bench at Navy Pier taking a break, or things like that, but I think in this case, since we had struck up a conversation ahead of time, it just flowed....

As for the bus - finally at 6pm, I called hubby to see if I should hail a cab since we had been waiting over 45 min. & what do you know - along came the bus! YAH!! People get off; we get on and the floor is just wet and flooded. I thought "Hmmm...that's strange to have this much water on the floor....." then I saw it - the stair case to the upper deck. OMG! that had to have looked like a waterfall when the worse of the storm came through. I imagine the water cascading down those stairs would have been quite a camera shot!

As for the apt - all those posts that talk about e-cigs having a lingering odor - wrong. When I walked into the apt, once again, I could smell the new carpet. Not as strongly as I could the last time I was there, but everytime, I smelled....well, apartment LOL Guess I should make them some cookies or something to get a new smell in that place 'cause my e-cig isn't helping at all LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread