SQuape X[dream] by StattQualm

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Just rebuilt and rewicked...again...leaking/dribbling....again. It cant just be me. I have been through probably 80 different atties in my time and I have never had so much trouble...

What PG/VG ratio juice you running by chance?

Odd, mine doesn't whistle at all with the single and dual deck... The only leakage I have is from the bottom oring when I close then re-open the juice control. Other than that it is ROCK SOLID and vapes like a dream (no pun).

Happen to have any pics of your single coil build you could share. Curious about the single coil deck and proximity and placement. Mine was just delivered so i'm going to go straight to the single coil deck build.

Erik514

Oct 4, 2014
Scotland
So I just picked a X Dream up as well as a single coil deck. Anything I should know? Any tips/tricks etc? I hear a lot of conflicting opinions on this tank. Some seem to absolutely love it and other seem to hate it. Just looking for a single coil, restricted lung airflow build. TIA!

Make sure and not have any cotton on the rim of the base especially at the juice holes. Use some tweezers and push the cotton tight around the bottom edge of the base below the juice holes and it won't leak at all. No seepage or leaking. It takes a bit of practice to wick it properly but when you get it right its an awesome vape.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
What PG/VG ratio juice you running by chance?

Happen to have any pics of your single coil build you could share. Curious about the single coil deck and proximity and placement. Mine was just delivered so i'm going to go straight to the single coil deck build.
221afc3561b5f23af0a8f64d8f17e61d.jpg

b44569c77771f8f362d22bd0d390fcce.jpg

539acbcee51238a2b567cb140c71f06b.jpg

ea7318f3b6ce3b933a097f18e97e46f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I really like my squape x, but I have such a hard time building thinner wire dual Coils (28g). The wire tends to not catch under the screw and ends up next to the threading insidr the hole. It's like the hole for the wire is too big.

It really likes thicker wires. I could be wrong but that's my only complaint. Shame is I really like the atty, the vape, the looks. But building on it is a challenge. It really needed a velocity style posts. (4 holes not 2) that would make building duals so much easier.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Make sure and not have any cotton on the rim of the base especially at the juice holes. Use some tweezers and push the cotton tight around the bottom edge of the base below the juice holes and it won't leak at all. No seepage or leaking. It takes a bit of practice to wick it properly but when you get it right its an awesome vape.

Thanks for the tip!

b44569c77771f8f362d22bd0d390fcce.jpg

Great pics thanks!

So i my first build in the X Dream is with the single coil deck... a 26 gauge, 2.5 mm spaced coil 6/7 wraps i believe totallying .82 ohm. Used a good amount of cotton, but not too much. Touching but not "packed" into the front two juice wells in the base of the deck. Vapes phenomenally! Full tank of 70/30 juice... flavor is superb. Draw with the single coil deck utilizing the back air opening (through the deck) only, fully open is sublime. No leaking whatsoever, even overnight with the juice flow open sitting there. Picked it up first thing took a drag... perfect.

My current RTA rotation consists of (2) Hurricane 1.3's, (1) Kayfun V5, (1) Hurricane Jr. and i can honestly say that this is right up there with the Cane and Kayfun for flavor and draw. I could never pick my favorite between the three but ....... the Dream X is a top tier flavor RTA!

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
I really like my squape x, but I have such a hard time building thinner wire dual Coils (28g). The wire tends to not catch under the screw and ends up next to the threading insidr the hole. It's like the hole for the wire is too big.

It really likes thicker wires. I could be wrong but that's my only complaint. Shame is I really like the atty, the vape, the looks. But building on it is a challenge. It really needed a velocity style posts. (4 holes not 2) that would make building duals so much easier.

Simply put the velocity is very good for a reason. It simply works and most importantly you can repeat it. No stupid messing around, etc. also ready some of the recent posts, the whole wicking thing is just bad planning. Steam crave supreme. No messing around. Wick like normal without special tips and vape. Same with avocado 24mm and rdta v2. I think being £100+ does not mean I have to jump through hoops at the same time. Square reloaded. Simple and not special tips crap needed. Wick. Vape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Simply put the velocity is very good for a reason. It simply works and most importantly you can repeat it. No stupid messing around, etc. also ready some of the recent posts, the whole wicking thing is just bad planning. Steam crave supreme. No messing around. Wick like normal without special tips and vape. Same with avocado 24mm and rdta v2. I think being £100+ does not mean I have to jump through hoops at the same time. Square reloaded. Simple and not special tips crap needed. Wick. Vape.

I wicked mine really no different that i would wick anything else and not a single bit of excess juice in the deck at any point in the last 24 hours with 2 tanks vaped. First build on it, single coil deck, 2.5mm spaced 26 gauge .8 ohm normal old japanese cotton. As easy to wick as my Cane or Kayfun5 and flavor just as good if not better depending on the type of juice (need more experimentation with that).

Those having problems i'd love to see you post pictures of your builds and wicking (dry and wet) so we might help.

yosikadiri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2012
Ronkonkoma, NY
got mine from the classies, thanks Jim...single coil deck, 26g spaced 5 wraps on 2.5mm drill at .60 ohms. Leaking and gurgling, just horrible...re-coiled same as above but I packed the well with cotton first before i put on the coil and wick and just laid the wick tails on top of the packed cotton...voila! no more leak and vaping like a champ....great atty, my only negative is why didn't they put knurling at the base to make it easier to close and open it.

Drumonron

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2009
my X has been relegated to the drawer due to excessive leaks. Glad those who state theirs is not leaking are having such success, I am not so fortunate....why put up with it when the Kayfun Five is so much better? I decided to move on. I tried the SCD and DCD but no matter how on the X it just leaked.

Bhoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2015
London
my X has been relegated to the drawer due to excessive leaks. Glad those who state theirs is not leaking are having such success, I am not so fortunate....why put up with it when the Kayfun Five is so much better? I decided to move on. I tried the SCD and DCD but no matter how on the X it just leaked.

Been using the v5. 2nd day in. 3mm fused clapton. Tight fit but it's working very well. Very quiet. Something I am not use to. I have found a new vape dream. Svoe sub tank with TVF8 coils[emoji29]

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I mistakenly got the slotted post screws. Great idea and hate the hex screws but who on earth has a screwdriver that will fit the slotted screws. They are, in hindsight, utterly useless.

As an update, I have now tried about 10 different wicking methods including stuffing a bunch of wick into the deck to .... up against the juice holes, then wick and lay tails on top of the stuffer....guess what...it still weeps juice out of the bottom...I think life is too short to spend farting around with this. It vapes very well but too many issues for me. I also am amzed how variable peoples experiences are particularly with this leaking/weeping issue.

..and the resistance stability is really not much of an improvement over the Rs to my mind. I want to like this atty but I am left with the idea that it is based on some nice ideas, plenty of innovation, but basically doesn't quite work. Close, very close, but no cigar! Shame.
:(

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Theo. There are good tanks on the market don't be fooled due to prices. Using the tvf8 and kayfun v5 at the moment. Excellent tanks. Tvf8 is the tank of the moment for me.

The Tvf8 is a totally different device and isn't meant to do what a KF5 or Dream is aiming for...

Good input but apples and oranges IMHO.

abiko

Nov 24, 2013
Croatia
I've got the X Dream today and I'm delighted.. On the first try half of my tank did leak out and then on further inspection of the deck I've found that I was a utter idiot.

So currently there is a 1.01 Ohm micro clapton on one side. The wick is packed to the feeding holes and pushed against the deck wall. Other side, where is no coil I've packed the cotton really tight against the feeding holes and in the half of the deck. No leaks no nothing. Flavor's really enjoyable, it's going in my flavor atty division.

I love the locking/unlocking mechanism and the top fill option. Only dislike is towards it being frigging large atty, but hopefully there will be a nano tank option that I'd jump on and buy immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread