Squonk Call!

Status
Not open for further replies.

memories

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2013
Jax, Fl
REOville!
Well as some of you know, this past week I got my Reo mini 2.1 in, along with the Rm2 from Rob. Needless to say, my Vamo has remained in the cabinet along with the kgo's, tanks, cartos, vivi's and all the other "crap"... err stuff lol
Couldnt be happier! Ive been building my own coils/wicks, with kanthal 30 a1 and cotton metering around 1.4-1.7 (um already went thru 3ft of kanthal just getting thw basic down). I was always a carto guy, but now the world of rba's calls to me at night, a longing for the greatness, a subdued ecstasy(?) one might say Lol

Anyways, id like to know how ya squonk (calm down, no pun intentee... well maybe a little) Do you squonk blindly, out in the open for the world to see, or a subtle squonk in the privacy of your Reo's living room. Do you take sharp drags blindly or a soft tug, do you squonk then tug or do it simultaneously. Different squonks for different partners (shh... I mean carto squonking vs rba squonking etc)

Squonk if your.... happy!

P.s. no babies were concieved in the making of this post.

Last edited:

harley05

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Scarborough, Maine
With an RM2, I pull the drip tip, tilt away from the air hole, and submerge the wick for 2 or 3 seconds. That gives me 5 or 6 great puffs without burning the cotton premie. With my A7's, I suck and squeeze till the gurgling stops, then hold another good second. At least that's what works for me.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
I take my drip tip off, then I unscrew my juice bottle from the juice bottle holder in the REO and drop about 6 or 8 drops down into the atty, then put the juice bottle back onto the juice bottle holder in the REO. Then I vape and repeat as necessary. I really like that my REO holds my juice bottle for me but unscrewing it from the juice bottle holder attachement and screwing it back on all day is getting annoying. I wish there was a way to get juice into the atty without having to remove the bottle :(

FogHawg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
KY
I'm sorta new(ish) at squonking so I haven't perfected the tecnique yet. I use RDAs & always blind squonk when I'm preoccupied (like while driving) but when the situation allows I pull the driptip & watch as I squonk to make sure I get a good saturation of the wick/coil. That gives me 3-5 superlative draws. Someday I'll blind squonk as good as I do when I'm watching.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I take my drip tip off, then I unscrew my juice bottle from the juice bottle holder in the REO and drop about 6 or 8 drops down into the atty, then put the juice bottle back onto the juice bottle holder in the REO. Then I vape and repeat as necessary. I really like that my REO holds my juice bottle for me but unscrewing it from the juice bottle holder attachement and screwing it back on all day is getting annoying. I wish there was a way to get juice into the atty without having to remove the bottle :(

I know, right? Isn't it handy to have a little storage space made especially for the juice bottle? What a design! Impressive. :lol:

EDIT: If you remove that long, thin piece of silicone that goes down in the bottle, it's a lot less messy. :)

Last edited:

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
I know, right? Isn't it handy to have a little storage space made especially for the juice bottle? What a design! Impressive. :lol:

EDIT: If you remove that long, thin piece of silicone that goes down in the bottle, it's a lot less messy. :)

No, now don't go removing that silicone tube. Why? Because once you've dripped the RM2, like he said, you're s'posed to quick like get the little bottle back down in the box and screw it back on the tube so's it can catch the excess fluid that goes down that danged drain hole Rob put in it. I've cut my fluid loss by 50% and if I didn't have arthritis I bet I could do better!

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
No, now don't go removing that silicone tube. Why? Because once you've dripped the RM2, like he said, you're s'posed to quick like get the little bottle back down in the box and screw it back on the tube so's it can catch the excess fluid that goes down that danged drain hole Rob put in it. I've cut my fluid loss by 50% and if I didn't have arthritis I bet I could do better!

You forgot about cutting the tubing shorter! Mine just goes 1/2 inch into the cap. Makes it quicker to get that bottle on!

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
EUREKA!!!!

Oh boy oh boy, a light just went off in this here head o mine. Starting tomorrow I'm gonna try something new. I'm gonna just put an empty bottle on the juice bottle holder then keep my bottle full of juice in my pocket and drip free as Willy. The empty bottle will catch all the extra juice, then when my pocket bottle is empty I'll just swap em out!

Oh man, this is gonna be so much easier than how I been doin it. I love my REOs more every day ;)

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
You forgot about cutting the tubing shorter! Mine just goes 1/2 inch into the cap. Makes it quicker to get that bottle on!

Dam, you're right, why didn't I think of that!

Here, I'll just take my li'l Dreml with the metal cutting wheel on it and do that now. Hang on a minute. .....................................
......................................................................................................................................................................................

Oh hell, I got the tube OK but I chizzed up the metal box somethin' fierce. Is this on warranty? Can Rob fix it? I imagine he could Tig weld it? Maybe? Ah , hell, I'll just silicone goo those nasty lookin' gashes up. maybe I'll put it up for sale as just slightly used and git me another VV? Can ya paint silicone to look like black wrinkle? Do ya think they'll know?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
EUREKA!!!!

Oh boy oh boy, a light just went off in this here head o mine. Starting tomorrow I'm gonna try something new. I'm gonna just put an empty bottle on the juice bottle holder then keep my bottle full of juice in my pocket and drip free as Willy. The empty bottle will catch all the extra juice, then when my pocket bottle is empty I'll just swap em out!

Oh man, this is gonna be so much easier than how I been doin it. I love my REOs more every day;)

NOW you know why we all love them so much.....and just keep buying them. See....game changer for sure!

Mine actually holds two bottles...one on each side. I saw a You Tube video the other day that made me think......I'm gonna try putting a battery in the right bottle holder one of these days. I saw it done, and it looked pretty cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread