"Squonk, Squonk, Squonk!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
26.jpg Back when I first got into the vaping, having got off of tobacco with a Nautilus Mini and a 30w iStick a few years ago, I read everything I could find about different aspects of vaping and did a bit of experimenting with different methods, learning about Ohm’s Law, coil winding and wicking, dripping and finally squonking.

Then, being lazy mined, I settled for using tanks with drop in coils - which to this day still feature in my daily usage.

However having written off my Triton Mini and a couple of Nautilus Minis ( which have now been replaced ) in Spain over the winter when they hit the hard flooring, when we were away on a short break to the Island of Cumrae off the West Coast of Scotland earlier this week, in search of something bomb proof to take away I found in my “spares box” two of my squonking kits.

From the depths emerged a Terminator mech mod ( which some reviewers tore to pieces when it came out but which has never given me any problems ) topped with an original Little Origen atomiser, and a Pico Squeeze Mark 1 topped with a hand built Spanish atomiser I bought there years ago.

I cleaned them off, wound a couple of 1.6 simple spaced coils, fitted them, wicked them, filled them and gave them a whirl and thoroughly enjoyed the experience … until I forgot to squeeze one of them and got a dry hit - a big one.

My War Cry for the rest of the time away instantly became, “Squonk, Squonk,Squonk!” every time I picked one up to use it!

The did a grand job for me when travelling and I enjoyed using them, so they’ll be going to Spain with me next time.

I wonder though what other folk use when travelling?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hola amigo,
I too have an Aventador from Delanie!!
And I squonk. OF course.
My drop ins are for Mrs. Izan's Tron tanks. The same 5 coils have been rebuild in rotation for the past 4 years or so.
My Calix V3 is my constant back up. With the liquid control closed, it doesn't leak on flights.
I was a REO man for years and now use an RSQ from Hotcig topped with my favorite RDA ever, the Manta V2.
Single coil, restricted DTL/loose MTL.

Cheers from sunny Mallorca
I

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Hola amigo,
I too have an Aventador from Delanie!!
And I squonk. OF course.
My drop ins are for Mrs. Izan's Tron tanks. The same 5 coils have been rebuild in rotation for the past 4 years or so.
My Calix V3 is my constant back up. With the liquid control closed, it doesn't leak on flights.
I was a REO man for years and now use an RSQ from Hotcig topped with my favorite RDA ever, the Manta V2.
Single coil, restricted DTL/loose MTL.

Cheers from sunny Mallorca
I

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Many thanks Izan - for the life of me I couldn't remember the name of that attie - it is indeed an Aventador! I'd a learning curve with it when I first got it due to it's unusual way of connecting the coils, but I like it a lot still. Mind you I did write off quite a few batteries with his mech mod which kept tearing the wraps of the batteries back then ... and I checked out the inside for burs times without measure.

And yes I close it down for MTL and open it wide for DTL too.

After the first time a Nautilus emptied itself into my shirt pocket when I dozed off on the plane I never ever travelled with a filled tank again ... however I've also dug out a dripper for a quick much needed vape when I get out of any airport!

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Though I am a certified squonker, when I hit the road I prefer something simple, with a USB charging port, and large capacity. Mine is usually my Vaperesso Revenger with a SMOK Prince tank, a charging cord, big bottle of juice, and some spare coils. Easy to fill, easy to charge, especially in the car.

That and a few pod mods or Juuls.

When I'm travelling I just don't want to deal with coils, wicks, scissors, tools, etc...

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I do get your point gpjoe - that's what led to me going for an attie I knew well with drop in coils ... and then to switching to it's cousin that used the same coils but had top fill for even greater ease. This system of mine worked well for many years until this winter when I found myself in a Spanish hill town with three broken tanks and where the nearest vape shop was over an hour away! Clearly to my mind a really bomb proof back up was needed!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've tried two different squonkers on at least two different occassions, one of them was a Reo. Somehow they just didn't fit my vaping lifestyle.

I haven't done any traveling by plane in a few years. When on extended car trips, I use my usual everyday vape setup. Regulated single battery mod with a clearomizer. Spare batteries and a large bottle of juice.

Reactions: Falconeer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread