Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Alas, with the cold New England weather here and my thirst for squonking, the phenomenon I call Squonkers thumb has returned.

Between washing my hands like crazy to keep the flu/cold germs away and not keeping them moisturized; my thumb stood no chance against my urge to squonk hundreds of times a day. It literally cracked wide open-ouch.

The ring finger will take over for the interim.

Sorry if my hands aren’t pretty enough.

Be careful and moisturize your squonk thumb/finger!
D05C9248-9D6C-4A22-91B6-57608C87F569.jpeg

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
We need three things. First a Go-Fund-Me for your medication to ease the squonk finger. Second, a support group to ease the pain. Three, a donation of a cap to put over your Reo fire button to spread the upward pressure of the uncovered button.

Alas, with the cold New England weather here and my thirst for squonking, the phenomenon I call Squonkers thumb has returned.

Between washing my hands like crazy to keep the flu/cold germs away and not keeping them moisturized; my thumb stood no chance against my urge to squonk hundreds of times a day. It literally cracked wide open-ouch.

The ring finger will take over for the interim.

Sorry if my hands aren’t pretty enough.

Be careful and moisturize your squonk thumb/finger!
View attachment 781091

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Wow, you squonk too much! But so do I and go through about 4-6mls a day. It'd be nice to have a squishy rubber button and I'll bet you could make one out of something. We have a wind chill of 1F tonight; more like January. The P67 is very friendly on the fingers btw.

Also, if you're a button masher...quit that! lol

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Wow, you squonk too much! But so do I and go through about 4-6mls a day. It'd be nice to have a squishy rubber button and I'll bet you could make one out of something. We have a wind chill of 1F tonight; more like January. The P67 is very friendly on the fingers btw.

Also, if you're a button masher...quit that! lol
I just superglued the thumb everybody all health concerns aside we’re on track to healing it!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I just superglued the thumb everybody all health concerns aside we’re on track to healing it!

You'd make a good hockey player - glue up the cut and get back in there.

I'm thinking you have a new quest, though. Rob made a number of button squonking woodville reos some time ago. This was in response to some folk who had arthritis and other dexterity issues.

You like collecting and one of these would be a piece of reo history. They're older, with less beefy switches and contacts, and all have a raised catch cup, but you like your 14ml atties and high-ish coil builds - none of that would represent a deal breaker for you.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I live in Arizona. I consider anything approaching 0 to be pretty harsh. I don't actually need to get to Absolute Zero to be totally miserable at well, Minnesota? That is called cold often? Alaska? I have a hazy grip on geography and temporal zones, I just like it when my winters can oh, contain a balmy sort of 70ish degree day from time to time (and they do).

Connecticut is plenty cold. I mean.... I kind of like the SUMMERS here, frankly. LOL.

Anna

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
91EVX3qkTFL._SX679_.jpg

good stuff for split fingers...haven't needed it since moving south to NC :) back home I was told the temps were about 8 degrees above zero today, here I had a nice 24 mile bicycle ride on the greenway at about 55 degrees F.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
3C (38F) and raining will chill you to your bones on this coast. Had my SiL and neice visit us from Edmonton (think Nebraska) where they had -20C (-4F) when they left. Two days here and they pulled up and left... from the cold (not from the company, mind - we get along great).

Eric Parlin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
3C (38F) and raining will chill you to your bones on this coast.

We lived in NC for a while and the sub 40F with rain weather was the worst. No matter what you do, you can never seem to get warmed up. Although I would prefer sunny and 78F every day, I still would rahter have 15F and snow than the 40F and rain. (all this was written while it is currently 35F and raining/snowing outside currently)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
We lived in NC for a while and the sub 40F with rain weather was the worst. No matter what you do, you can never seem to get warmed up. Although I would prefer sunny and 78F every day, I still would rahter have 15F and snow than the 40F and rain. (all this was written while it is currently 35F and raining/snowing outside currently)

Preach it, brother.

Reactions: stols001

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Yep, I hear you with the wet cold! Most think of Calif as warm, but up in the northern part under the redwoods, that dampness can be pretty chilly. (Mind you, I’m not complaining that Mother Nature is gifting us with some of that wet stuff. Sure don’t want to jinx it!). And the more north one goes, it gets even better. And our summers in these parts are milder than down south, generally starting the day with a bit of fog.

And yet, I would trade it for the world. Gotta love where you live cause you spend a bit of time there.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread