squonking rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2015
Serpent bf with vandy vape pulse. First time squonking, and now I get why it's the best. To have a great dripper with all that juice attached is fantastic. The pulse weighs nothing, and seems durable, and the kill switch is great. Now I don't want to use my tube mechs or regulated mods, which kinda sucks lol. Anyone else experience this?

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I promise I won't sir.

But I will try anything once.

These appear to be in direct contradiction of one another. Quickly, how will you reconcile this? ;)

Squonking is the best, but I also wanted to say that I'm glad to hear you're happy with the plastic mod. I think more folks ought to come around to plastics for their mods. I love my woods and metals as much as the next guy, but plastic makes for SUCH a difference in carrying that I really won't go back (when out and about). The only metal in my travel mod is a strip of silver, a simple 510 and my atty base (and the 18650, of course). Bottom-"heavy" and doesn't weigh a lot more than the battery and juice. Zero issues with durability thus far, and there have definitely been some incidents.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
These appear to be in direct contradiction of one another. Quickly, how will you reconcile this? ;)

Squonking is the best, but I also wanted to say that I'm glad to hear you're happy with the plastic mod. I think more folks ought to come around to plastics for their mods. I love my woods and metals as much as the next guy, but plastic makes for SUCH a difference in carrying that I really won't go back (when out and about). The only metal in my travel mod is a strip of silver, a simple 510 and my atty base (and the 18650, of course). Bottom-"heavy" and doesn't weigh a lot more than the battery and juice. Zero issues with durability thus far, and there have definitely been some incidents.
The man makes a good point....
rps20180220_074915.jpg

:thumbs:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hasn't clicked with me to much hate how the vape loses flavor and power as my battery goes down

Hate having to clean everything all the time

It's cool on my days off but it could never be my all day
I generally build to the battery. My all day builds are around .3 ohm. When a 7 ml bottle is empty, I swap the battery and fill the bottle. The battery is generally between 3.7 and 3.8 when it goes on the charger. With those monster boutique builds you like, a dual battery mod would probably work alot better.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Here's the deal for me. I love using an RDA but it's hard to drip and drive. When I'm driving I use an RDTA most of the time. Whrn I had my Drone all my other vape gear collected dust. It was awesome until it died. I've got a couple mech squonk boxes I like. I bought a Gbox hoping it would replace my Drone. The Gbox functions like it should but I don't like the ergonomics. I hope Lost Vape redoes the Drone. I would definitely go back to squonking only. Squonking is the best.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Squonking is my end game.

When I received my first squonk mod and immediately tried it out (a used Reo 2.1 and RM2 bought off the classifieds Aug 17, 2014)... the first thing I did was start buying more (that same day)... and the second thing I did was start rapidly retiring all of the almost $10K worth of mods & atty's that I had bought before it. By about 20 months later I had acquired 35 metal/Woodvil Reos and a few dozen bf RDA's for them. It was the only gear I vaped. I've never stopped squonking since that first Reo (although I did also start doing a bunch of TC Mods a couple of years ago, still use a couple now and then with RDTA's or Mesh RDA's).

All the Reos and their RDA's are retired/stored away now days, but my primary vape gear is still dual battery mech squonk and regulated squonk mods with a large stash of newer bf RDA's & Mesh RDA's.

Found this old picture from 8/24/14, a few days after I got that first Copper Vein Reo 2.1 that had turned dark with age (the brass button and RM2 came with it... I added the brass/glass UK Signature Tip to it).
R1.jpg

Mike P

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2017
I've been wanting to try the pulse bf but I'm just not comfortable using an unregulated device, and I heard it feels underpowered...

now I'm looking at the hcigar vt dna75, but it has mixed reviews...It seems like a lot of new regulated bf mods are coming out so maybe I'll just wait.

that pulse bf is really tempting though, just don't want to blow my face off. maybe I'm being paranoid

fifamymaingame

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2017
Colorado
I've been wanting to try the pulse bf but I'm just not comfortable using an unregulated device, and I heard it feels underpowered...

now I'm looking at the hcigar vt dna75, but it has mixed reviews...It seems like a lot of new regulated bf mods are coming out so maybe I'll just wait.

that pulse bf is really tempting though, just don't want to blow my face off. maybe I'm being paranoid
Know your batterys true amp rating (battery mooch)

Know ohms law 4.2 divided by resistance of coil = how much amps you need from battery

Your power depends on your build complicated coils need alot of power so u might not get a enjoyable vape

In mechs remember positive side goes down you put the battery in wrong and press fire your going to vent the battery

Mechs aren't hard but finding the build you enjoy might be

• Disagree
Reactions: Ben85

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

Know ohms law 4.2 divided by resistance of coil = how much amps you need from battery

Your power depends on your build complicated coils need alot of power so u might not get a enjoyable vape

In mechs remember positive side goes down you put the battery in wrong and press fire your going to vent the battery

I think you're mistaken. Positive is not ALWAYS down and if you get it backwards you're battery won't vent. Batteries vent when shorted out. Reversing a battery in a mech will cause your mech to continue working .

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Well every single squonk I seen says positive down negative up and always told never to mess that up thanks for the info

The direction of the battery matters very much in case of a hard short event. Most squonk boxes want positive down, most have markings to say what way insert them, definitely follow those markings.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK

Some advice, if you don’t now what you are talking about - don’t post it on the internet as fact. The sentence about putting a battery in positive side down shows you lack a huge amount of info needed to use a mech. I suggest you don’t use one until you have a good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread