Colorado
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Forum rules

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
@fifamymaingame if you didn’t keep posting incorrect info as fact, you wouldn’t be having this issue.

People take things too personally. I’m not sure what has been deleted, but people are not picking at you, they are picking at your content and that’s because you seem to pop in places and state a lot of incorrect info. It’s great you want to contribute, but do it in a way which is positive and couldn’t actually be harmful to others.

Anyway I am finding that squonking wise I use 2 rda’s almost exclusively now - the Alcatraz and the Soul S. Those are dreams to vape on for my style of vaping.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
@fifamymaingame if you didn’t keep posting incorrect info as fact, you wouldn’t be having this issue.

People take things too personally. I’m not sure what has been deleted, but people are not picking at you, they are picking at your content and that’s because you seem to pop in places and state a lot of incorrect info. It’s great you want to contribute, but do it in a way which is positive and couldn’t actually be harmful to others.

Anyway I am finding that squonking wise I use 2 rda’s almost exclusively now - the Alcatraz and the Soul S. Those are dreams to vape on for my style of vaping.
Love the soul s....need to look up the Alcatraz.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I've been wanting to try the pulse bf but I'm just not comfortable using an unregulated device, and I heard it feels underpowered...

now I'm looking at the hcigar vt dna75, but it has mixed reviews...It seems like a lot of new regulated bf mods are coming out so maybe I'll just wait.

that pulse bf is really tempting though, just don't want to blow my face off. maybe I'm being paranoid
Keep your coil above .5 ohm and you basically can’t. I’m in agreement about waiting though. I want to try replay so I’m waiting for the dna250C devices as well

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Keep your coil above .5 ohm and you basically can’t. I’m in agreement about waiting though. I want to try replay so I’m waiting for the dna250C devices as well
Yeah, I've had a Pulse BF sitting here for about two months now. I've just always used regulated mods. I'm comfortable with building, battery safety and the like. I'm going to give my Pulse a try soon. Have a 0.6ohm hive coil I built in a Nudge 22 that is going to be my first unregulated/unprotected build on the Pulse.

I don't vape very high wattage and prefer a cooler vape anyways. I figure even the 0.6 ohm hive coil may be hotter than I'm used to. I might be better off going with something in that same resistance range that has larger coil mass. It will be interesting to see how it goes on the Pulse since I'm not a high wattage vaper. Have a feeling I will be the opposite of a lot of folks and trying to find a cooler vape on a mech, not hotter.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah, I've had a Pulse BF sitting here for about two months now. I've just always used regulated mods. I'm comfortable with building, battery safety and the like. I'm going to give my Pulse a try soon. Have a 0.6ohm hive coil I built in a Nudge 22 that is going to be my first unregulated/unprotected build on the Pulse.

I don't vape very high wattage and prefer a cooler vape anyways. I figure even the 0.6 ohm hive coil may be hotter than I'm used to. I might be better off going with something in that same resistance range that has larger coil mass. It will be interesting to see how it goes on the Pulse since I'm not a high wattage vaper. Have a feeling I will be the opposite of a lot of folks and trying to find a cooler vape on a mech, not hotter.
Mechs and high mass coils don’t go great together generally. The biggest multiwire coil I’ve used in a mech was twisted 28ga. I assume it worked well because all the wires were heating wires.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Mechs and high mass coils don’t go great together generally. The biggest multiwire coil I’ve used in a mech was twisted 28ga. I assume it worked well because all the wires were heating wires.
Understood. I'm just thinking I may need something higher mass to keep the vape a bit cooler. Starting out with a 0.6ohm kanthal 28g hive coil. I pretty much always run a single coil. I'm guessing if that's too hot for me I'll need to start playing around with it. Just so used to being able to dial in my power, but interested in trying an unregulated mod.

Reactions: bombastinator

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Understood. I'm just thinking I may need something higher mass to keep the vape a bit cooler. Starting out with a 0.6ohm kanthal 28g hive coil. I pretty much always run a single coil. I'm guessing if that's too hot for me I'll need to start playing around with it. Just so used to being able to dial in my power, but interested in trying an unregulated mod.
Only thing to do is see how it goes I guess

• Agree
Reactions: score69

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Ooh I should note if you have a VV mod with passtrough capability (some have it, some don’t. Generally only single battery mods) you can get the experience of a mech mod without the complication.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Never ordered from there but when I looked up shipping options they only had a 30$ option and I'm in the states do I assumed they ship from the UK

Your all snobs leave it be go away do not post about me or anything I say right or wrong

Wish this forum had a ignore feature
It does I think

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Ooh I should note if you have a VV mod with passtrough capability (some have it, some don’t. Generally only single battery mods) you can get the experience of a mech mod without the complication.
Thank you my friend. I didn't even think about that, but that's a great idea. I'm sure I've got something sitting around here with VV mode.

If not, maybe I'll wait until the Pulse 80w comes and I can use VV on it to find a coil that will work well for me on the unregulated Pulse.

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn't even think of that. :D

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I think you meant 'bypass' capability... but, I have to disagree anyway. Judging from alot of the threads I've read lately, regarding mechs, half the fun is seeing if it'll blow up when you hit the button. Mine won't because I have no interest in a .05 mega coil with a battery from ebay... :facepalm:

All of my squonkers are mechs and I really like the results from 24ga SS single coils. Quick ramp up and cool down at around .3-.4 gives a great vape. I've run Claptons and Fused Claptons...all the pretty stuff, but those usually get pulled out within an hour or so of experimenting with them. They always get replaced with the same boring 24ga SS round wire.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think you meant 'bypass' capability... but, I have to disagree anyway. Judging from alot of the threads I've read lately, regarding mechs, half the fun is seeing if it'll blow up when you hit the button. Mine won't because I have no interest in a .05 mega coil with a battery from ebay... :facepalm:

All of my squonkers are mechs and I really like the results from 24ga SS single coils. Quick ramp up and cool down at around .3-.4 gives a great vape. I've run Claptons and Fused Claptons...all the pretty stuff, but those usually get pulled out within an hour or so of experimenting with them. They always get replaced with the same boring 24ga SS round wire.
You are correct in that I meant bypass mode. Are you saying that bypass mode also bypasses safety features?

Reactions: Asbestos4004

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
You are correct in that I meant bypass mode. Are you saying that bypass mode also bypasses safety features?
Lol, I think Asbestos is referring to all the recent threads that tend to ignore pretty much every aspect of safety when using an unregulated device. Crappy batteries, ridiculously low builds for no reason other than the sake of building that low, etc.

At least I THINK so. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Asbestos4004
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread