Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I don't have the Luxotic, but I do have two Pico Squeeze squonks which are the Lux's little brothers. Mine are great, but some have had problems with them auto-firing.

The Luxotic is a bypass only device--meaning that you don't adjust voltage or wattage and get whatever voltage the battery has left, from 4.2v to 3.2v. So is the Squeeze.

The Vandy Vape Pulse 80W is a regulated squonker with VW and TC. I have one of those too. Very nice mod and cheaper than the Lux.

If it were me, I'd get the Pulse 80W.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I agree with the littoral gaucho, getting a regulated squonker will probably yield a better experience.
Though also powered by 1 battery you'll be able to at least run some dual coils if you so desire (albeit nothing too massive). In addition to 18650 the pulse also takes 20700 so there's options there as well.

With the luxotic you'd build like you would for a mech - you can still do that on the pulse with bypass if you so desire but you're not locked into that then.

Finally, the pulse doesn't have the metal straw design but a more classic squonk bottle with a tube, which I prefer.

• Agree
Reactions: SnapDragon NY

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Do stay away from anything that uses the metal tube design,replacement bottles can be a issue
metal tube design does have bottle sealing issues

I have seen this brought up multiple times around here....my wife and I must be one of the only ones who really likes the metal tube design. I have a Kanger Dripbox 160 that I have had for about 3 years that is still going strong and is the least leakiest squonker I own.

I just got another mod with the traditional bottle/tube and I already can't stand the bottle.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I have seen this brought up multiple times around here....my wife and I must be one of the only ones who really likes the metal tube design. I have a Kanger Dripbox 160 that I have had for about 3 years that is still going strong and is the least leakiest squonker I own.

I just got another mod with the traditional bottle/tube and I already can't stand the bottle.
Me, too. Refills are much quicker and have less chance of a mess. I can neatly pull, fill and replace the Squeeze bottle in 30 seconds or less. It takes considerably longer to refill the Pulse bottle. I could get a refill bottle, but the Squeeze (and Lux) would benefit, too.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Me, too. Refills are much quicker and have less chance of a mess. I can neatly pull, fill and replace the Squeeze bottle in 30 seconds or less. It takes considerably longer to refill the Pulse bottle. I could get a refill bottle, but the Squeeze (and Lux) would benefit, too.

The wife and I have been squonking for about 4 to 5 years now. Still have multiple Reos, 5 DNA 200 squonkers, a couple of NZ Wood squonkers and a couple of Corey's mods. Love the Kanger the most for ease of refill (and the thing is a tank and takes a beating and just keeps going). Now the bottles have not been the best, but the bottles in all the other squonkers were not that great either, especially the Italian bottles that were supposed to be so good. They all start leaking over time.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

3 years ?? seriously !!
i loved my 60 [2] alot,loved the 160 till the board went haywire after a few months
psstt, all them leaked inside the mod and the bottles were crap,vtinbox bottles fit and last forever

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
3 years ?? seriously !!
i loved my 60 [2] alot,loved the 160 till the board went haywire after a few months
psstt, all them leaked inside the mod and the bottles were crap,vtinbox bottles fit and last forever

Psst, I have 4 unopened in the closet. At $35 a pop, I couldn't pass that up. Hopefully my luck is better than yours with the unopened ones as I've got my money's worth out of this one. BTW, my wife's is the same age and still going strong.

I agree that the bottles could be better. I get 1 to 2 months out of a bottle. I bought about 30 of them from China. That will last me for some time.

proax9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Pomona, NY
I have a Pico Squeeze, it's my first (and so far) my only squonk mod. (But there will be more based on experience so far) Really love the flavor using a Pulse 22 RDA. I did no like the bottle that came with the Pico- hard to see the juice level, too stiff. I also got a bit of mist / leaking from where the bottle seals with the mod. Enough where I had to wipe the bottle down at each refill. Thought it was due to a learning curve. I switched over to a soft silicone bottle. Not a bit of leakage, can see my juice level- love it.

Reactions: stols001

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia

The only squonker I ever had with the metal tube was the VaporFlask squonk . Biggest waste of money since the Pet Rock! Had nothing to do with the bottle, actually....it had to do with juice pouring out of the USB . I'm no electronics expert, but I'm thinking that must be a bad thing?

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
The only squonker I ever had with the metal tube was the VaporFlask squonk . Biggest waste of money since the Pet Rock! Had nothing to do with the bottle, actually....it had to do with juice pouring out of the USB . I'm no electronics expert, but I'm thinking that must be a bad thing?

You weren't using the usb plug? :lol:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
I have a bunch of different squonkers, both regulated and mech. I like my Luxotic quite a bit. I've been running a Recurve on it and I've enjoyed not having to worry too much about how low my coils come out thanks to the safety features on it. I was initially concerned about that 80 watt limit but I've found that I get a pretty satisfying vape from it. The newer ones come with a nice soft bottle, too.

xfVEVfw.png

My only real issue with it is that I can't depress the bottle too much without hitting the metal tube. It's really a minor issue though, since if I were to press the bottle much past where I hit the tube, I would flood my atty anyway. Also, I got the thing for like 35 bucks and it's definitely worth that price. If I were to buy a single battery regulated squonker right now though, I'd probably go with a Pulse 80W.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Psst, I have 4 unopened in the closet. At $35 a pop, I couldn't pass that up. Hopefully my luck is better than yours with the unopened ones as I've got my money's worth out of this one. BTW, my wife's is the same age and still going strong.

again,seriously "3" years

Reactions: stols001

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA
The Luxotic BF looks and feels nice, but there have been many reports of a poorly-designed/leaky 510. I would say go with the Pico Squeeze at half the price.

They're both single 18650, so forget about the upper Watts limit (the Pico does NOT cap out at 50W..it will go higher). High watts will require multiple batteries through the day, but the Pico does have onboard charging that can help get you through. They both have the same protections.

If you're interested in regulated, the Anita is cheaper than the Luxotic. Yes, it's plastic and the SS TCR seems to be off, but it works fine overall. For SS, set your temp about 50 degrees F hotter than normal, or use TCR set at 128. For $30-35, hard to fault it (although the bottle is aggravating because it's too soft).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread