Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I found the Luxotic meh.
Better mods to buy in that price range, and a few regulated.

It's ok, just...nothing special I suppose.
I like the Luxotic because it's not entirely mech, you have some protection. BUT, some people prefer constant voltage, something you won't have on the Luxotic. If you don't mind the voltage drop and having a shorter battery life (you need a higher amp battery that turns out to be les mAh) you'll be fine.

Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
the Pico does NOT cap out at 50W..it will go higher
Really? Where oh where did you learn this interesting nugget of info? What is the upper limit?

I've been building as if I have a 12A CDR battery all this time. That's ok--about 40 Watts is where I live but hey...

Zipslack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have a bunch of different squonkers, both regulated and mech. I like my Luxotic quite a bit. I've been running a Recurve on it and I've enjoyed not having to worry too much about how low my coils come out thanks to the safety features on it. I was initially concerned about that 80 watt limit but I've found that I get a pretty satisfying vape from it. The newer ones come with a nice soft bottle, too.

xfVEVfw.png

My only real issue with it is that I can't depress the bottle too much without hitting the metal tube. It's really a minor issue though, since if I were to press the bottle much past where I hit the tube, I would flood my atty anyway. Also, I got the thing for like 35 bucks and it's definitely worth that price. If I were to buy a single battery regulated squonker right now though, I'd probably go with a Pulse 80W.

Have the exact same setup, only in yellow resin and the gold recurve. Great vaping experience. What battery do you use? I have it built with a stapled fused clapton at about .3 ohms with a sony VTC5. The only battery I'll use in an unregulated mod.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
Have the exact same setup, only in yellow resin and the gold recurve. Great vaping experience. What battery do you use? I have it built with a stapled fused clapton at about .3 ohms with a sony VTC5. The only battery I'll use in an unregulated mod.
I've been running VTC5a and the new Samsung 20S in my mechs. The 20S hit really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread