SS or glass tanks the same width as the silver bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Sheboygan, WI
Phiniac.com has colored pyrex tanks that come close at 27mm (width of cap). There clear tanks are 24mm however. Not familiar with any other tanks.

bullets.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Valley View Vapes are selling pyrex tanks really cheap. If you look in the tank review section here on ECF you can find my review. I got two 7 ml clear pyrex models a couple of weeks ago, under $15 each. Width is the same as the SB. Pics on my SB are in the review.

These are silicone grommet, and utilize no end caps. They come pre-assembled with a Boge carto of your resistance choice. If you buy additional cartomizers from him, he will prepunch and test for DOA/correct resistance for $1 more.

To (re)fill these grommet tanks, you insert a blunt or plastic needle between the grommet and carto. The grommets are soft and vulnerable to tearing, so care is advised. I recommend filling from the connector end so if you do happen to damage the silicone, it won't be as noticable. The needle likely will pull a small part of the grommet into the tank with it, a dental tool can tease it back into place. Advise getting additional grommets/O-rings for like a dollar per set; your gonna eventually need them anyway.

These pyrex tanks are available in 4 and 7 ml size, frosted glass available for additional cost. A very cost effective way to get into pyrex tanks. Extemely sturdy on your mod, these will never fall off accidentally, and won't leak. A little of a pain to refill, but I've done it twice now without tearing the grommets. I recommend.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you are satisfied with the diameter of the Phiniac pyrex tube, Hoosier Vapes are selling a JonBoy clone called the evolution series. You may have heard of the Bella tank...same product. I believe the material is an acrylic, and the tube is probably polycarbanate. Hoosier Vapes.com

Anyways, there is a thread here (show us your Bella tanks) that I had a discussion with someone who owns both a Phiniac and Bella, and upon request combined the "end caps" of the Bella tank with the glass tube of the Phiniac. Result: pretty much a perfect match. It was also pointed out that another supplier has glass tanks that fit the Bella, but I'd always wanted a Phiniac and this was my opportunity.

I've already received a my Bella (actually, the larger Elegance tank) today and my customized colored sand blasted Phiniac should arrive within a couple days.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Valley View Vapes are selling pyrex tanks really cheap.

Update on these tanks. The vendor is now offering aluminum and black delrin endcaps, if the silicone grommets were scaring you away. He is also offering a side juice fill screw available on the pyrex....first production pyrex tanks with this. I ordered a couple of the delrin caps for my two, but I'm waiting to vape the rest of the juice in them before putting them on.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Update on these tanks. The vendor is now offering aluminum and black delrin endcaps, if the silicone grommets were scaring you away. He is also offering a side juice fill screw available on the pyrex....first production pyrex tanks with this. I ordered a couple of the delrin caps for my two, but I'm waiting to vape the rest of the juice in them before putting them on.

I was going to say that he has aluminum endcaps for the pyrex tanks, I have a standard size pyrex tank, 5mL I think, and got the aluminum end caps. I didn't like how the grommets look, and I got a pyrex tanks and alum caps for like $28- can't beat that. Too bad I never use it.... I can't kick the drip...

trickxiii

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 21, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Phiniac.com has colored pyrex tanks that come close at 27mm (width of cap). There clear tanks are 24mm however. Not familiar with any other tanks.

View attachment 117578

Are all three of those tanks from Phiniac? If not, where did you get the one on the left with the steel (possibly aluminium?) caps. It's so sleek and awesome, especially with the extended drip tip. It would be awesome if you could let me know where you got the whole set up minus the SB! Haha, not trying to copycat, just very curious.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Are all three of those tanks from Phiniac? If not, where did you get the one on the left with the steel (possibly aluminium?) caps. It's so sleek and awesome, especially with the extended drip tip. It would be awesome if you could let me know where you got the whole set up minus the SB! Haha, not trying to copycat, just very curious.
Not meaning to speak for the owner, but being familiar with their tanks, I can pretty much state with certainy that all three are Phiniac tanks. The one on the left on the chrome SB looks like a tallboy or xl size amber tank with ss caps and possibly Siam Mods ss drip tip. The tell tale sign is the sandblasted Phiniac lizard design on the tank.

How close did I come to getting it all correct, Sleddie?

Sleddie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
Sheboygan, WI

Yes, all three tanks are Phiniac tanks. The Phineer (left) and the clear (center) have stainless steel caps. The drip tips are from Siam Mods, got them from Clouds of Vapor.

YoureFired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
The Berserkshires, MA
Sleddie, your photo inspired me. I have some slotted ss drip tips coming in any day now. And I'm on the hunt for a black xl Phiniac....

View attachment 117578

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread