SS316l with TI01 setup on mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I've got an IPV4s which (currently 12dec2015) only support NI200 and TI01 in tc-mode.

I'd like to run ss316l coils in my tank. Can I do this in TI01-mode and what would happen to the temp?
Can it be done and if so how should I set my temp for as much accuracy as possible?

M

Ti1's TCR is closer to SS than Ni200's is so you are right in trying Ti1. I haven't personally tried it but you may be able to get it to semi function using the Ti1 setting. You will need to set at least 80-100 degrees F lower than you would normally set Ti1 coils. I would start at 100F lower and see how it goes.

Example If you normally set your Ti1 coils to 450F, set your SS coils to 350F in the Ti1 setting. I'm making no promises to how good it will be or even how accurate, but some have tried it. If you don't like it, you can always just run your SS in normal power mode.

PS I would recommend starting lower than you think and work your way up. Worst case scenario is too low won't produce the heat and or amount of vapor you want (no big deal). To high would be too hot/burnt tasting (something I like to avoid).

Cheers,
Steve

Edit An approximation of TCR's
Ni200 .006
Ti1 .0035
SS 316L .001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread