• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I'll be there!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::shock:

Well, of course you'll be there. Wouldn't be nearly as fun without you. :wub:

I want to reiterate that we LOVE having new folks come. Our members come from several different forums . . . and a few don't even do forums. We're about as welcoming a group of people as you're likely to meet. No membership dues or costs associated with coming . . . just show up and pay for your own food and drink. :)

Hey Gang ; Next month we will be bringing the St.Louis Awesomeness to a new location in St.Charles.
As always newcomers are welcome:thumbs:
No charges or fees, just good times and good peeps!
PM me with any questions? Hope to see ya there:vapor:

SidePockets
1439 Bass Pro Drive St. Charles, MO 63301
Saturday Feb.19th, 2011
4:30 to whenever
Sidepockets - Sports Bar Redefined - St. Charles Location

Last edited:

Cassie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Missouri, United States
All the way up in St. Charles LOL I won't be drinkin much, won't make it home in one piece LOL I gotta drive home to South County. You all keep doing the meetup on the weekends I have my kids =P I'm still lookin for a sitter or at least pawn the 9yr old off to her friends house for a sleepover. haha wish me luck.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
We have to have our gatherings on the weekend . . . we wind up practically closing down the bar, which isn't so great for having to get up early to go to work the next day. :oops:

I hope you can make it, Cassie. We always have so much fun . . . newcomers are welcomed with open arms, and within a very short time, you'll feel like you've known everyone forever. :)

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I can't wait!!!! It looks like we are going to have 20+ people attending our gathering tomorrow!!!!!
:party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party:
:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

It's looking more like 30+ at this point. :laugh:

I'm in South County. Can't make this weekend, but I will look out for the March meeting.

Bummed that you can't make it, but please do keep it on your radar for next month. :)

Cassie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Missouri, United States
Still trying to get a sitter!~ So do you all bring all your vaping stuff along? Well, not ALL...but...should I bring anything?
Besides what I will be vaping myself? Do we show n tell? Hehe yeah, I know it's not kindergarten, LOL I don't have much to show but would love to see what you all use.

Yes,we do a lot of show and tell:shock:. Cassie bring anything you want. Most of us bring our latest
toys and liquids to share but that's not necessary.The main thing is to show up and have good time:banana::pop:
Still trying to get a sitter!~ So do you all bring all your vaping stuff along? Well, not ALL...but...should I bring anything?
Besides what I will be vaping myself? Do we show n tell? Hehe yeah, I know it's not kindergarten, LOL I don't have much to show but would love to see what you all use.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Yeah I was one of them that didn't make it =( I do have a question.... are the meetings always in St. Charles or do you guys ever have them further south?

We're kind of struggling with that right now. We generally prefer to meet in places that permit smoking. That's primarily because we want to be around smokers so that they can wander by and ask us what the heck we're doing. :) Also, as our group has gotten larger, it's more problematic to be in non-smoking areas . . . 30-40 vapors can make quite a cloud.

Before the St. Louis County/City smoking ban, we moved around quite a bit. Now, not so much. Also, smoking or non-smoking, it's hard to find a place large enough to accommodate what has become a fairly sizable group.

Tasselhoff and I have been scoping out different alternatives so that we can start roaming again. So far, we haven't found something that seems large enough.

But honestly, St. Charles isn't that big a deal . . . for most folks, it's 20-40 minutes, and it's something that most of us gladly do once a month. It's worth the drive. :wub:

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Hot Shots across from South County mall still allows smoking.

We'll have to check that one out. Like I said, originally, our idea was to move around a bit.

Ideally, I'd love to be in the Richmond Heights/Maplewood area as it's pretty centrally located. If anyone has any suggestions on a place that allows smoking and would hold 40+ vapers (and not so loud that you have to yell to be heard), please post.

Dirgon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
We'll have to check that one out. Like I said, originally, our idea was to move around a bit.

Ideally, I'd love to be in the Richmond Heights/Maplewood area as it's pretty centrally located. If anyone has any suggestions on a place that allows smoking and would hold 40+ vapers (and not so loud that you have to yell to be heard), please post.

I live in the Richmond Heights/Maplewood area (right outside, actually, in Dog Town) and I honestly can't think of a single place. There's a few sports bars in the Richmond Heights shopping plaza up on Clayton, but they're fairly small, and I'm not sure if they allow smoking.

Most bars in the area are either nonsmoking or small/loud/hole in the wall (my personal favorite types, buuut obviously not great for groups)

Soulard may be an ideal location; just off of 44 & 9th and not too far off from 40 (40 to 6th into Soulard towards 7th) there's a TON of bars in the area with outdoor patios (perfect with the upcoming seasonal change) and I know quite a few still allow smoking. My best friend's mom owns a bar in Soulard with a great patio. >_>;

Edit: should probably mention, Soulard isn't a great area on Sat. nights. Lots of frat boys. It's a pretty packed neighborhood on Fri/Sat.

Cassie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Missouri, United States
What about the VFW post on Sutton at Greenwood in Maplewood, I happen to know the lady that runs it and the bartender is a vaper , he's the one that turned me on to PVs, I need to get him to ECF. But they have a bar and room. I will call them and check it out. A friends birthday was there in December and everyone smoked so unless things changed (which I doubt) smoking is probably still allowed.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
This is bringing back memories. This is actually our second time living in St. Louis. When we lived here the first time, we rented a little house in Dog Town on West Park Avenue, then bought a house in Richmond Heights. Moved to North Carolina and returned back to St. Louis. This time we're living in Wildwood because of husband's job and because most of my family is out this direction.

The suburbs are rather soulless. :( That's why we occasionally make the trek to the Loop and Central West End. :laugh:

Cassie--please do check out the VFW in Maplewood for us. That's a great idea.

Basically, we're looking for a place large enough to accommodate a group of about 30-40 people where we can purchase food and alcohol. We need a bit of space (i.e., not all crammed into a corner) because we use the table space not only for our food and drink, but also to put out liquids and devises for people to try out.

We also want to be able to talk and visit without having to shout. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread