Not open for further replies.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
Ok So I guess I should have posted the vid where I questioned the size compared to my Silver Bullet, or maybe it is just me I dunno. The Vid is from DoctorVapor Mod class:

E-Cig 101 - Class 4 - Part 1 - Big Battery Mods - YouTube
I think the reason why you might have thought it was longer than yours. That video had a bad formatting. Not sure why he does that but he records in wide screen then coverts it to standard then with youtube being wide format, it makes the weird allusion of it being taller, lol.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Just remember that the maker advises that you do not stack batteries in the SB, that CR123s have exploded more than any other type (although not the protected ones so far, AFAIK), and that the SB has no proper gas vent holes, so if the batteries did blow (and when one goes it usually takes the other one with it) there will be an almighty bang right in front of your face. It hasn't happened yet, but that doesn't mean it won't.

The higher voltage might mean your unit will need repairing more often, as the switch is being worked harder.

The SB works well with one cell and hot end fittings that measure about 1.5 ohms. Before you decide to try 2 cells, you might first try the red AW Li-Mn 18650, as some say it gives more poke than a protected Li-ion cell.

At 4 volts (just off charge), the SB with an AW red cell and a 1.5 ohm end fitting hits as hard as a 5 volt mod with a regular end fitting. You can see that when you run the numbers, they are both in the 9 or 10 watt region.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I have been uising Mad Vapes 510 cartos so thats all I have https://www.madvapes.com/MadVapes-510-Dual-Coil-Stainless-Cartomizer_p_3152.html

I thought these would work because these are Standard or does standard mean not dual coil? Iwould think if it fires at 3.7 it would fire at 6v any reccomendations on what I should try? Also I thought 6v was recommended for Standard and not LR?Thanks...

These are 1.6 that you linked. (MadVapes Dual Coil Stainless Cartomizer 1.6 +-.2 ohm)
They're not gonna fire on stacked protected batteries (usually)because they initiate the protection circuit.
I have no problem with stacked PROTECTED cr123a batteries and a 3.0) carto or atty. LR is not gonna fire. Probably.
YMMV

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Just remember that the maker advises that you do not stack batteries in the SB, that CR123s have exploded more than any other type (although not the protected ones so far, AFAIK), and that the SB has no proper gas vent holes, so if the batteries did blow (and when one goes it usually takes the other one with it) there will be an almighty bang right in front of your face. It hasn't happened yet, but that doesn't mean it won't.

Exactly, Roly.
Safety first, always. (or at least in the top 3 ;-)

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Well, it needs to be pointed out, where someone is asking about doing something that might put them in the danger zone. In the end it's entirely their choice, as long as they have the info.

As the maker doesn't want it used that way (and it will invalidate the warranty), and as it has no vent holes so it's a potential pipe bomb, and no master on/off switch so it might come on for a long period in a pocket, it's a valid point to make.

When a mod blows up it's often through some kind of fault or error that couldn't have been foreseen. For example, the batteries you think you are buying might not be genuine brand protected batteries but instead are fakes with a dud protection board glued on top and re-wrapped. These have been found before, see Cozzi's video. Or the protection circuit might fail.

There is a margin of safety in several areas, and if some don't exist in a given mod (here, there are no vent holes or master switch), and a new buyer looks to be removing the rest (stacking batteries in a mod not built to do that), they need to know so they can make an informed choice. It's their decision, as long as they know. Then if the worst happens, they can't blame mods or vaping - only themselves. No point in complaining when you lose an eye if you were clearly told in advance not to do it. And no story for the anti press either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread