Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Stains are stains.

They don't usually just come out after you stop smoking, drinking coffee or drinking soda.

I don't think vaping causes stained teeth, but I don't think it will remove any stains either.

If you want your teeth to be white, avoid the three things I said above, and get them whitened.

Or add a little bleach into your juices. JUST KIDDING.

Sorry for the caps, but some folks have been quoting this forum out of context, and I wanted to make certain that my post was taken in jest.

Themistoclez

Mar 26, 2009
I quit smoking and using a whitening tooth paste it slowly has removed the yellow and they are as white as ever. BUT, if you want to do it fast and this is the way the dentists do it but dont want anyone to know about. Mix peroxide and baking soda, then with a perfect strip of wax paper, tape it onto your top and bottom teeth. Let it sit there for 5-15 minutes or so, then take off and brush your teeth. You should notice a difference the very first time you do it. Do it a couple times and your golden. or well, I should say whiten. :)

Themistoclez

Mar 26, 2009
The adhesive is the mixture of baking soda/peroxide. I cut a piece of wax paper and trim it to make it a perfect size that will cover my front 8 teeth. One for the top, one for the bottom. Then I put the mixture on the wax paper and mold it on to the teeth and let it sit. I don't have an exact mixture ratio anymore, I just mix it till it's the right consistency, like tooth paste consistency. There's plenty of you tube videos on how to do it, but really theres no way you can mess it up. It's the same stuff thats in your tooth paste, just concentrated. All you got to know is to not swallow it.

AGNES PEACOCK

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The Mother Lode, California
I quit smoking and using a whitening tooth paste it slowly has removed the yellow and they are as white as ever. BUT, if you want to do it fast and this is the way the dentists do it but dont want anyone to know about. Mix peroxide and baking soda, then with a perfect strip of wax paper, tape it onto your top and bottom teeth. Let it sit there for 5-15 minutes or so, then take off and brush your teeth. You should notice a difference the very first time you do it. Do it a couple times and your golden. or well, I should say whiten. :)

Yes its true. (The hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.) Dentist's use hydrogen peroxide all the time for a antiseptic and whitening. Of course it is masked with scent and flavor so you might not notice. There is a product that is ready made, this is it: Buy Arm & Hammer Whitening Booster Online at drugstore.com But Them's idea is better and alot less expensive diy.

So if you are interested, I also like to use a water pic, here: Buy WaterPik Personal Oral Cleaning System, Model #WP-60W Online at drugstore.com and a big splash of hydrogen peroxide in the water tub to clean under the gum line and between the teeth at least once a week. It's another one of those things Dentist's dont want you to know. The waterpic is way better than flossing, and really reaches areas that are never possible with a brush and flossing.

eLiciafay

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2009
Naperville, IL
Yup, I use baking soda and peroxide to brush with. I add a drop of stevia liquid and peppermint essential oil to make it taste less nasty (but I also try to keep it off my tongue). I brush once a week with this to maintain my pearly whites. My dentist actually recommended it! But I have a very awesome dentist, who is obviously not in it just to rob me blind. :)

calligal

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
California
Excellent advise people. I am suppose to be buying a waterpik per my dentists advise and that tip Agnes may just make me actually get one.

A dentist sold me one of those $300 kits 7 years ago and it did a great job of making my teeth whiter. People noticed even. It was really nice and they stayed white for a long time. It has only been the last year that I have actually noticed that they have started to yellow again. Must I give up my morning coffee as well? Did anyone see that televison show where the wifes switch lives and this one couple would drink their coffee thru straws to keep their teeth white?

Banqer

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Excellent advise people. I am suppose to be buying a waterpik per my dentists advise and that tip Agnes may just make me actually get one.

A dentist sold me one of those $300 kits 7 years ago and it did a great job of making my teeth whiter. People noticed even. It was really nice and they stayed white for a long time. It has only been the last year that I have actually noticed that they have started to yellow again. Must I give up my morning coffee as well? Did anyone see that televison show where the wifes switch lives and this one couple would drink their coffee thru straws to keep their teeth white?

If you still have the kit, you should have your impressions. If you have your impressions you can have plastic molds remade for your teeth. Then just ask to order some whitening gel from your dentist. I know when I had the whole shebang done (impressions, plastic molds, 7 tubes of whitening solution) it was only $150CAN. So it isn't that expensive... not as cheap as some at home solutions. However, I don't feel that comfortable mixing my own concoction like that.

AGNES PEACOCK

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
The Mother Lode, California
I promise once you use a waterpik you will be amazed with what comes out of your mouth (specks of food from between teeth and below the gum line) in the sink while using it. Even after, you have brushed and flossed.

You will not be sorry with the purchase of one, and never will want to be without one again.

AnglVapin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Cajunland - Louisiana
Buy a cheap mouthguard at Walmart or something similar and shape it to your teeth according to directions.

Buy Dental Oxide and Peroxide Gel. Brush with the dental oxide daily and use the peroxide gel in the mouthguard for about 20 minutes daily for a week. Use once a week after to maintain your new pearly whites. ;)

CHEAP and effective.

I used to live on coffee and cigarettes (still live on coffee) and always got compliments about my bright smile. They didn't know that my Mom, Dad, & Brother are dentist. lol

PS...my teeth were never whitened by laser or professionally. My folks refused to, as they think it destroys the enamel. Also, peroxide is healthy for your gums.

calligal

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
California
If you still have the kit, you should have your impressions. If you have your impressions you can have plastic molds remade for your teeth. Then just ask to order some whitening gel from your dentist. I know when I had the whole shebang done (impressions, plastic molds, 7 tubes of whitening solution) it was only $150CAN. So it isn't that expensive... not as cheap as some at home solutions. However, I don't feel that comfortable mixing my own concoction like that.

How does one lose an impression? I don't know. I have the one for the top but not the bottom. Has anyone used one of those kits which you boil the pieces then fit to your teeth?

I tried the strips and hated them because they slipped and I hated the liquid paint on because I could not hold the snarl required long enough for it to work.

Themistoclez

Mar 26, 2009

You shouldn't be scared of mixing your own concoction of peroxide and baking soda. Nothing harmful can happen unless you start swallowing a bunch. Your toothpaste has the same ingredients just far less concentrated so its not as effective. Like the other woman said, you could buy a cheap mouth guard and put the mixture of peroxide and baking soda in it and would be totally fine. $150 bucks? try 5 dollars this way and will last way way longer and be just as/more effective since you will have maybe a years worth of whitening solution.

Banqer

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
How does one lose an impression? I don't know. I have the one for the top but not the bottom. Has anyone used one of those kits which you boil the pieces then fit to your teeth?

I tried the strips and hated them because they slipped and I hated the liquid paint on because I could not hold the snarl required long enough for it to work.

You could try those new AquaFresh whitening trays Aquafresh White Trays

They aren't flimsy strips, although I have never tried the AquaFresh trays so I can't speak beyond that.

Banqer

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
You shouldn't be scared of mixing your own concoction of peroxide and baking soda. Nothing harmful can happen unless you start swallowing a bunch. Your toothpaste has the same ingredients just far less concentrated so its not as effective. Like the other woman said, you could buy a cheap mouth guard and put the mixture of peroxide and baking soda in it and would be totally fine. $150 bucks? try 5 dollars this way and will last way way longer and be just as/more effective since you will have maybe a years worth of whitening solution.

Yeah, I know my fear is kinda silly... considering I mix my own eLiquid. However, I still have a bunch of the whitening gel left and know exactly how it works. Plus, I have really sensitive teeth, so I am leery of the peroxide. Although, I do know the gel I have has peroxide in it.

Can't reasonably explain my apprehension, just am :p

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
It's hilarious that people are talking about baking soda and peroxide for teeth as if it's a new thing!

Baking soda has been used for oral health for over a thousand years, if not longer and the combination with peroxide has been used as a dental aid for over a hundred years.

Also, toothbrushes as we know them (with bristles) were actually invented by the ingenious Chinese :D

You could technically make your own toothpaste using VG and baking soda then rinsing with peroxide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread