Staple Alien Coils Wattage Range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawn Jayy

Apr 15, 2017
search
Hello everyone! I just bought a pair of Staple alien coils. In the box, it says 8-0.3*0.1/36 Nichrome80 0.15ohms. So my question is "What's the best wattage range" and how far can i vape with these coils? Thank You :)

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I've asked the same question when i first got my normal clapton coils, and the simple answer is : the wattage you prefer as there's no "recommended" settings, for example i use my dual clapton build at about 60 watts and it's pretty darn nice to me.

Others might disagree and it's totally fine but i'm not a cloud chucker at all i like modest clouds but i'm more into flavors.

Sawn Jayy

Apr 15, 2017
I've asked the same question when i first got my normal clapton coils, and the simple answer is : the wattage you prefer as there's no "recommended" settings, for example i use my dual clapton build at about 60 watts and it's pretty darn nice to me.

Others might disagree and it's totally fine but i'm not a cloud chucker at all i like modest clouds but i'm more into flavors.
Yes I do use my another dual fused clapton coils on like 65-70watts, but I heard alien coils can be used in higher wattage but don't know the range. I think Vape Austin Lawrence also uses alien coils on mech mod which I have no idea how much wattage range he puts on to it. Anyways, thank you for the info :)

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, you are going to have to start low and experiment, basically. The good news is that it will also help break in your coil. Agreed there is no "best" wattage for any coil, everyone has their individual preferences. I like a cool vape and hence I start very low and work up to what is good for me. Eskie is correct though, you may find a better vape at higher wattages.

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Yes I do use my another dual fused clapton coils on like 65-70watts, but I heard alien coils can be used in higher wattage but don't know the range. I think Vape Austin Lawrence also uses alien coils on mech mod which I have no idea how much wattage range he puts on to it. Anyways, thank you for the info :)

With a mechanical device, the wattage produced by the circuit is calculated using Ohm's Law. Volts squared divided by resistance. With a fresh 4.2v charge and 0.15 Ohm resistance, that's about 118 Watts. Using the same relationship between Ohms, Volts and Watts, the current flowing through the circuit is 28 Amps which exceeds the recommended safety ratings of all but a few 18650 battery cells.

With a mechanical, you can only change wattage by changing the coil resistance. There are no "+" or "-" buttons.

90 or you won't get much flavor

90 in what device? Those coils might work just fine at 50 Watts with the right tank or dripper and the right juice. Or they could fail miserably at 150.

@Sawn Jayy if you took a poll, you'd find that a significant majority of folks who roll their own atomizer builds stick with plain jane round wire coils and use Claptons and other twisted wire builds when the situation calls for it. The reason why is because those simple wire builds are easier, cheaper, quicker and safer.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
@Sawn Jayy if you took a poll, you'd find that a significant majority of folks who roll their own atomizer builds stick with plain jane round wire coils and use Claptons and other twisted wire builds when the situation calls for it. The reason why is because those simple wire builds are easier, cheaper, quicker and safer.

Yup, just this. I decide what to throw in based on the chamber size and number of coils. Big chambers get Clapton (at most a dual fused, more doesn't seem to make anything better and sometimes worse) and small chambered are fine with a simple coil. That's not any rule, but just my experience to date.

I also only use a simple round coil on a brand new tank just to get a feel for it. If I feel I want a bit more, I know that tanks will be a Clapton coil tank for me. If it's a spot on good vape with the plain round, why complicate life?

Sawn Jayy

Apr 15, 2017
With a mechanical device, the wattage produced by the circuit is calculated using Ohm's Law. Volts squared divided by resistance. With a fresh 4.2v charge and 0.15 Ohm resistance, that's about 118 Watts. Using the same relationship between Ohms, Volts and Watts, the current flowing through the circuit is 28 Amps which exceeds the recommended safety ratings of all but a few 18650 battery cells.

With a mechanical, you can only change wattage by changing the coil resistance. There are no "+" or "-" buttons.

90 in what device? Those coils might work just fine at 50 Watts with the right tank or dripper and the right juice. Or they could fail miserably at 150.

Thanks Alot :)

Reactions: stols001

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
if you took a poll, you'd find that a significant majority of folks who roll their own atomizer builds stick with plain jane round wire coils and use Claptons and other twisted wire builds when the situation calls for it. The reason why is because those simple wire builds are easier, cheaper, quicker and safer.
This, i had clapton coils in my previous rba and they were inexpensive,worked great,had great flavor and didn't require too much wattage (mostly in the 50-70 watts range)
Of course results may vary depending on what kind of clapton you're using but mine were pretty good for the price imo.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Not so high like, but above 70-100 , is it good for both my mod and tank?
Thats the thing....why does 70-100 watts matter more to you than a really good vape? Put the coils you want in your tank that are in a safe range for your batteries and start with low wattage. Creep the power up until you hit your sweet spot. Vaping is about enjoying a vape and not smoking...it's not about hitting a certain set of numbers. If one person likes your build at 100 watts, it doesn't mean you will. You might like it at 40. Do what works for you.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Establish the range by starting low and working the wattage upward until you like the vape. That would be the minimum of the range. Crank it up slowly from there and stop when the the vape becomes harsh. There's your range settings from low to high wattage. The sweet spot would be where you decide it's best.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Not so high like, but above 70-100 , is it good for both my mod and tank?
That's fine if your device and tank are happy. But be aware that 70-100 Watts is going to drink juice, eat wick-and-wire and drain your batteries. That can get costly, and doesn't touch the amount of time spent tending to dead coils, spent wicks, empty tanks and exhausted batteries.

If 70-100 is what ya gotta have, then just enjoy and don't worry about it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread