Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I got a few Vision Stardust? at least that's what I thought I bought. I was wondering if there is a difference between the Stardust and the CE5 I've been seeing. When I bought the Stardust I got extra heads to go with it(Safety measure so I don't run out of anything again). Any opinions on either. I really like the 1.6ml size for when I'm at work cause they fit in my pen pocket of my uniform just perfect.

media

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2010
Atlanta
I got a few Vision Stardust? at least that's what I thought I bought. I was wondering if there is a difference between the Stardust and the CE5 I've been seeing. When I bought the Stardust I got extra heads to go with it(Safety measure so I don't run out of anything again). Any opinions on either. I really like the 1.6ml size for when I'm at work cause they fit in my pen pocket of my uniform just perfect.

I am guessing the CE5 is this?

GotVapes VISION Replaceable Stardust 1.6ml w/ 2.4ohm Long Wick [gv-RebuildableSTARDUST-1.6ml-2.4] - $6.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

I just got two yesterday and love them. Much better than the CE4+ as far as build quality goes. Got some steel tips also which cured the melting tip problem from my juice.

Build quality is MUCH better with the replacable parts version. It just feels more solid instead of a plastic toy.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I believe Gotvapes has the name trademarked so other vendors call them by different names.
Stardust v2, ce4+ rebuildable etc.
It's all very confusing especially once you add in short wick, medium wick and long wick versions as well.
Ya gotta just go by the pictures pretty much.
Gotta feel for newbs and all the confusion it causes.
Like there isn't enough already.
The non-stardust/knock-off versions have worked fine for me so far.

:vapor::vapor:

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Got my eGo Vision V2 (long wick) Clearmizer from LiteCigUSA and this Wednesday will be 5 weeks on the original head.
I rinse it out every other day and dry burn 3 times, but I'm not sure the dry burn is necessary since I use only Menthol and it's practically clear.
No leaks or cracks, and it still vapes like it was new.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
man all these damn clearomizers are confusing me so much. I want to skip all the BS and get to a point in my vaping where I really don't have to worry about much for a while. I bought the v2 vivi nova tanks for my bigger mods. they came with v2.5 wicks... I wanted the shorter wicks of the v.2 but, whatver I can't complain. I just don't know what to buy for my eGos for out of the house. What do you guys recommend? I'm gonna pick up 2-3 rebuildables tonight or tomorrow night and I'll be ordering from gotvapes and free-cigs I think. I'm not sure yet I'm going nuts comparing prices and shipping and everything. Spent just about my whole day and night yesterday adding things to my cart before I realized I just didn't need half the stuff I had in it lol.

Is this thing a knockoff or is it the new CE5 or the stardust? Ego CE5 Replaceable Head Clearomizer

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
I believe the 'official' one of these is the Vision Ego 2.0 Clearomizer... and that is the official name.

The OTHER names that are used for clones and the like, include CE5, Stardust, Vision V2, Thor, Crystal Vision, etc, etc.

In other words, for this product there are a TON of clones out there.

The guy at Discount Vapors said he tried them all and they are all the same.

So, look at the picture of what you are thinking of getting, and if it looks like a Vision Ego 2.0 Clearomizer... well, it probably is or ia a clone and works exactly the same.

Phoenix~

Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
Waxhaw NC
Riddle me this ? I'm a noob...I too have spent hours trying to decipher these clearomizers...anywho...can the replaceable coils be used on any clearomizer? Or do they need to be same name as the clearomizer? Ex- can I use a vision head from the vapor room on my redux clearomizer from madvapes?
I don't like all the toping off I do with the clearomizers.. They just have the best taste IMO ...and don't get a lot of vapor either. But I'm just using a eGo Twist. i don't know if that has anything to with vapor production or not.
Anywho...some places have good prices for the clearomizers but not the heads..and the next site visa versa. ...not to mention, it's just confusing...geeeeeez, I just wanna get my vape on sometimes! Lol

Last edited:

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Riddle me this ? I'm a noob...I too have spent hours trying to decipher these clearomizers...anywho...can the replaceable coils be used on any clearomizer? Or do they need to be same name as the clearomizer? Ex- can I use a vision head from the vapor room on my redux clearomizer from madvapes?
I don't like all the toping off I do with the clearomizers.. They just have the best taste IMO ...and don't get a lot of vapor either. But I'm just using a eGo Twist. i don't know if that has anything to with vapor production or not.
Anywho...some places have good prices for the clearomizers but not the heads..and the next site visa versa. ...not to mention, it's just confusing...geeeeeez, I just wanna get my vape on sometimes! Lol

I doubt it, wouldn't even consider it, why would you want to? Find a place that carries both of what you want, don't mix things up, its already confusing enough.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Now that is what I'm talking about. I like my boge carto's but I also like to be able to hold more juice so I don't need to top off as often. The 1.6mil is perfect for my job. Fits just right in my pen pocket. Thanks.

I like putting them in my pen pocket also. They also fit nice in the Maglite AA holster if you run a stitch down it to snug-up.
Visionecigar makes both the V2 and 2.0. The V2 has non replaceble heads whereas the 2.0 has replaceable heads. Dealers can and will call them what they want, and Vision will too. They are both 1.6ml. I have both. They are both made by Vision.

In July the V2 was the non-replaceable head, now Vision has this all messed up and confusing.

Last edited:

ninjuh

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2012
Northwest Idaho
The "Stardust" from gotvapes is a ce4 v3.

CE4 v1 = non replaceable short wick plastic clearo
CE4 v2 = non replaceable LONG wick plastic clearing
CE4 v3 = REPLACEABLE long wick plastic clearo
CE5 = non replaceable NO wick(feeds through holes) plastic clearo

These are all made in China, and this is how China markets them. US vendors buy them & call em what they want :p

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
The "Stardust" from gotvapes is a ce4 v3.

CE4 v1 = non replaceable short wick plastic clearo
CE4 v2 = non replaceable LONG wick plastic clearing
CE4 v3 = REPLACEABLE long wick plastic clearo
CE5 = non replaceable NO wick(feeds through holes) plastic clearo

These are all made in China, and this is how China markets them. US vendors buy them & call em what they want :p

Hi ninjuh,
Well, sorta, but go to EGO Electronic Cigarette Kit, 510 Starter Kit, Electronic Cigarette Cartomizers - Vision High Technology
Click the VIP, takes you to another window. Their calling V3 the improved V2 nonreplaceble.
The replaceable head model, well, every time i go there it changes....it was 2.0, now i'm lost.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania

The replacable heads... from the official Vision Ego 2.0 as well as those from all the clones... all work on one another. I belive I got heads from Vapor Kings, Rocky Mountain Vapor, Avid Vapor and Discount Vapers, and you can't tell any difference between one and another.

Discount Vapers at one time had a head that they said would work on the Vivi Novas as well as the Vision 2.0s, and it appears that (I am not positive about this), the only difference between the Vision 2.0s heads and the Vivi Nova heads... is the 2.0s have a metal clone coming out of the sliicone cap while the Vivi Novas, do not. Yeah, doesn't matter to me because I remove both the silicone cap and the cone to get an easier draw and more flavor.

It IS possible to get some strange heads though. I got one from Discount Vapors that has FOUR wicks (four double wicks.. was pictured as such) coming out of it, and there are some other strange combinations you can get out there as well. Have never tried the 4 wicked one.... just ended up putting it away.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
A vision head will work on any Vision clearomizer. A Vivi Nova head will work on any Vivi Nova clearomizer, as long as they are not knock offs.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
A vision head will work on any Vision clearomizer. A Vivi Nova head will work on any Vivi Nova clearomizer, as long as they are not knock offs.
The threads are the same on the 2.0 and Vivi. They might work. The design is different. I don't believe Visions intent is to mix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread