Stardusts long wicks - the silver ring on top of the tubes came off

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikksterr

Apr 2, 2012
Chicago
I bought two long wicks stardusts from gotvapes a couple of weeks ago. I was cleaning them up earlier this week and the silver ring that sits on top of the tubes just below the mouthpiece came off - both of them. Now the clearomizers are unusable because the silver ring is the piece that holds the mouthpiece onto the tube. I didn't apply any force. Maybe it was the warm water that I was rinsing the stardusts with? Which would be odd because I have a bunch of short wicks stardusts from gotvapes that I bought over a month ago and I have rinsed them with warm water many times. Never had this problem before.

I could use regular glue or maybe some fixit as well. But I want to avoid doing that right away as I'm not sure what kind of impact that would have on the performance stardust or the quality of the juice. Any other suggestions you guys have that I could try?

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
If the rings are too tight they cause stress fractures, if too loose the ring comes off. The fixes are pretty simple. The ring usually just presses back on but sometimes requires a little glue on the bottom edge. I prefer this fix to having to weld cracked tubes to prevent leaking (Ambroid Welding fluid). Actually, I usually just retire the stardust and open a new one. I figure they're meant to be disposable (I haven't thrown one away yet, but agree in principle - I save the old ones in case I ever need a replacement part or run out of new ones).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread