The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Steam rabbit clone

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by ThaFuzz, Oct 27, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. chohan

chohan Earthbound Misfit Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    NC Foothills
    I've been using mine for a week now. Changed the bottle out for a cheap pe FT sku 8093501 but have the sjmy bottles coming. I don't care for the super soft squishy either. I tightened up the 510 and adjusted the angle of the positive contact a wee bit.

As for the mod, I love it. Compact, no leaks and this might be an anomaly, but it has less voltage drop under load (measured at the rda post while firing) than any other mech squonker I own. Tested with same battery, rda and coil. That includes my reos, pulse, and even a high end 3-d printed mod with solid silver contacts. I know, right? I think it may be related to the large amount of contact area due to the "L" shaped positive contact.

I was so impressed, I ordered 2 more from 3Fvape plus mm510, contacts and some other goodies from modmakerUK. I want to experiment with one.

Also got on the preorder for an authentic steam rabbit squonker. Hopefully, it might ship next week.

As for the clone, it's quickly becoming a favorite. I can carry it to work as a beater but man it vapes great.

cheers

• Like Like x 4
  2. ThaFuzz

ThaFuzz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    Alright, she got here ahead of schedule. :thumbs:
    pros: small, light, lockable, hits like a howitzer, takes the yftk square bottles (must swap out the stock tube for this)
    Cons: stock bottle is trash since the cap doesnt screw on, doesnt quite fit the vt510 without modification, has slotted screw for 510 adjustment (hex would have been ideal) and....
    It freakin shorted out on the magnets in the switch for the lock panel:eek:
    Yep, i pressed the go button and saw thick white cloud pour out from the squonk hole and began investigating where i found the burnt magnet and contact

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. chohan

chohan Earthbound Misfit Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2012
    NC Foothills
    That sounds a bit disturbing.

Not the first time I've heard of it. Some bloke posted on a certain FB group showing where his safety plug had melted.
    On mine, half of the top magnet on the inside of the fire button actually clears the top of the long vertical positive contact and comes pretty close to the nut that holds the 510 secure when fired. Perhaps not related to your problem with the fire safety plug... dunno. Regardless, they should've located the firing button maybe 1/8 or 1/4 inch lower imo.

It actually is on the authentic.

cheers

• Like Like x 2
  4. ThaFuzz

Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    Yep. Thats where it shorted, magnets on the fire button clear the top of the positive contact and make it to the lock nut for the 510. Simple fix is some electrical tape, stops contact, but doesnt interfere with the locker.

• Like Like x 2
  5. nelsonm64

nelsonm64 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2013
    Kelowna, B.C.
    I will be very interested in hearing how the MM 510 project works out! when I got my mod I assumed it was a reverse threaded 510 but, it was not! buggered it up...

• Like Like x 3
  6. ThaFuzz

Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    So, lived with the bunny for a weekend, and learned some things.... fit and finish are a little rough, but could have been worse. A battery ribbon might have been nice, gotta monkey clap my lg hg2s out. That button.... can stick in the on position, better watch it, that's why it's lower on the real rabbits, so it wont short, and wont stick, plus i imagine it shortens the throw a little . The little tab for the switch to 510 arcs like a boss, bent the tab and took the arc out, contacts the whole surface of the tab not just the top corner. All in all it aint a bad little bunny, needs some improvements, but for 12$us you could do worse.

Side note: anybody else having problems uploading pics since the server swap?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    not a bad bunny, i haven't had the button problems like you, i did twist the plate on the positive contact to connect with button plate for better contact patch, and yes i had picture load issues, i switched to imgur, clicked "new post, waited for it to load , then clicked the down V to the right of copy on the photo , then selected " get share links" then selected "BBcode code (forum) copy, then paste to here ,good luck @ThaFuzz

• Like Like x 2
  8. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    I noticed that with the button.
    If you press in and up, it locks up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ThaFuzz

Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    Short video review, hope this helps clarify what the missing pictures were talking about

• Like Like x 6
  10. -8Reaper8-

-8Reaper8- New Member

Jan 11, 2018
    Where do you guys get the other bottles mentioned? I have the same steam rabbit bf and I hate the bottle with it

11. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    You can get the Sjmy bottles from Fasttech or 3F,they are still silicone,but firmer than most of the others,they are the only silicone bottles i actually like.If you want a nice non silicone bottle,Modmaker bottles are nice and soft,but no nearly as soft as the silicones,you can get them direct from mm in the U.K. or Broscience vapes sells them here in the U.S.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Blueraider11

Blueraider11 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Cane Ridge, TN, USA
    Just ordered one from 3fvape. Maybe it will arrive before spring. :vapor: Looking forward to it as it is my first squonk. :rickroll:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blueraider11

Jan 20, 2014
    Cane Ridge, TN, USA
    Well 3fvape marked my SRabbit kit 'shipped' yesterday so maybe it will make it out of China before their holiday. I have another package being sent by Fasttech marked shipped two days earlier so it may be a race to see who has the fastest slow boat. LOL! I cannot wait for the little rabbit and solo rda. I have used mechs years ago but bottom feed sounds like fun and I get to build my own. Need to pick up a couple more good batteries.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blueraider11

Jan 20, 2014
    Cane Ridge, TN, USA
    :vapor:Well 3fvape you are on the clock. My package from fasttech got here today. Not the one with my Srabbit kit. You can tell I am getting antsy. Come on 3f get it here! I know I will enjoy it. Got two VTC5A batteries today. :)

15. Blueraider11

Jan 20, 2014
    Cane Ridge, TN, USA
    Well the SRabbit arrived today. 3f was close to as fast as ft; only lost by two days. :)
    Have not loaded juice bottle yet but tried my baby beast with m2 .25 coils and my vtc5a. hits well. I may throw a .4 build on the little solo tomorrow and see how it works. Not expecting much. Anyway this thing is tiny! Love it! :rickroll::vapor:

16. Blueraider11

Jan 20, 2014
    Cane Ridge, TN, USA
    Threw a .42 build on the little solo and the vape was good but that little nub of a tip was hot as hades. Found a tip from a melo 3 that worked after I filed the bottom where it was touching the top of the build. Got the bottle to work in the Rabbit as long as I am gentle with it. Pretty good flavor from this little solo. Battery lasts more than a full bottle. Picked up a Kanger dripbox 60 for $10 yesterday to play with. This journey is going to be fun. :) Love my little Steam Rabbit Clone.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.