STEAMPUNKED Ego-c "sleeve" Ver. 2.0 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a repost of an earlier thread that I started, but I wanted to make my new design easier to view instead of going through several pages:

::UPDATE - OCT 30th::

It's been a while since I have been on here, and I was amazed to see how many positive responses that I actually got on this. So after long and hard thinking-ness... (LOL) I decided to rebuild it to suit what I need it for. I have several different batteries that I use, all Ego style. (650, 900, ego-c, and twist) I wanted something cool that would work with all of them, without much piddley-futzing. I direct drip for the most part, so I based the design around that.

The body is solid copper (plumbing fittings) with brass accents throughout, and screws, just cuz they look badass. I designed the lever to be held away from the button by means of a spring, and the lever itself is cut out of some brass sheet that I had lying around from a disassembled alarm clock. Tell me what you think. Oh, plus, bigger pictures this time.
IMG_0670sm.jpg IMG_0671sm.jpg IMG_0672sm.jpg IMG_0673sm.jpg IMG_0674sm.jpg

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Inspired by randmstewart's

medium.jpg

Mine in front:
large.jpg

I'm pretty sure rand used a 3/4 pipe for his back end, then to 1/2 and 3/8 so the middle one is those sizes. I used just the 1/2 down to 3/8. It's slimmer. The back one is an eGo with a tabac BCC clearo - my current fav. Steampunk 1 :) is an eGo-c TWIST with a 510 atty for dripping...

It was actually quite a bit of work. Friend helped. We soldered on the rings that holds the 'bridge' for the button, but the other rings are superglued on. On any further ones, I'd just use the superglue. (Loctite). The problem with the 1/2 copper tube for the eGo-c is that the button sticks up just enough not to fit :-| so we cut out a path then covered the cut with the 1/2 to 3/8 reducer. The reducer comes off and you can pull the eGo out that way. Just a small indentation on the 1/2 tube, with a punch gives enough snugness but still removeable.

The end is brass and it was threaded and we did away with the threads. lol... enough to pop the 1/2 tube into it snuggly.... The 'button' isn't as stylish as rand's but the 'hardware' for the pin/fulcrum wasn't readily at hand and this setup is less 'snaggy'. Lol... but workable. After using it, I'm going to replace the 'acorn nut end' with a flatter nut for comfort - looks good but after a while the finger 'pad' tends to get sore. ;-)

And to randmstewart - yours RULES! Quite the design and workmanship. :thumb: Thanks for the inspiration and information!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread