STEAMPUNKED Ego-c "sleeve"

Status
Not open for further replies.
:::UPDATE:::

I figured out the button! The lever shown goes through a hole in the copper sleeve... Whatcha think? View attachment 122472
Very nice! Great job!

Does it add much weight? I have no idea the heft of various metals. Heh. (ETA: I mean the entire cover, not just the lever, heehee!)

I was going to suggest maybe modifying a screw that it would activate the button when pressed (basically, the screw would be a decorative button, I guess), but your solution is far more elegant! *grin*

I'm not into the steampunk scene, but I've always loved at least some aspects of what is now considered steampunk. :)

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Just a few people doing steampunk.... You are certainly one of them, real nice job there too! I think you should make more than just sleeves, the innards really aren't too hard to do. One thing with steampunk and vaping, steampunk is often for the eye, and vaping is more for the hand. All day long LOL.

Very nice! Great job!

Does it add much weight? I have no idea the heft of various metals. Heh. (ETA: I mean the entire cover, not just the lever, heehee!)

I was going to suggest maybe modifying a screw that it would activate the button when pressed (basically, the screw would be a decorative button, I guess), but your solution is far more elegant! *grin*

I'm not into the steampunk scene, but I've always loved at least some aspects of what is now considered steampunk. :)

Kailey, it is a bit heavy. It's not so heavy as to become really cumbersome, but you can definitely tell that you have something with substance.

Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement and positive feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:

gentlemancole

Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Sioux Falls, SD
Love the design. Now can anyone make an ego-t or ego-c look like Dr. Who's sonic screwdriver? I'd like to see that.

I have a sonic screwdriver screwdriver from ThinkGeek that I got as a Christmas gift last year. I am planning on modding it into a PV as soon as I finish moving my girlfriend and I to our new place. ;)

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
I have a sonic screwdriver screwdriver from ThinkGeek that I got as a Christmas gift last year. I am planning on modding it into a PV as soon as I finish moving my girlfriend and I to our new place. ;)

Nice! If you do, let me know how you did it so I can do the same. I never bought anything from ThinkGeek, but all their stuff look really cool. I have a ss ego-c passthrough that might look nice as a sonic screwdriver. :)

Last edited:
::UPDATE - OCT 30th::

It's been a while since I have been on here, and I was amazed to see how many positive responses that I actually got on this. So after long and hard thinking-ness... (LOL) I decided to rebuild it to suit what I need it for. I have several different batteries that I use, all Ego style. (650, 900, ego-c, and twist) I wanted something cool that would work with all of them, without much piddley-futzing. I direct drip for the most part, so I based the design around that.

The body is solid copper (plumbing fittings) with brass accents throughout, and screws, just cuz they look badass. I designed the lever to be held away from the button by means of a spring, and the lever itself is cut out of some brass sheet that I had lying around from a disassembled alarm clock. Tell me what you think. Oh, plus, bigger pictures this time. :rickroll:

IMG_0670sm.jpg IMG_0671sm.jpg IMG_0672sm.jpg IMG_0674sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread