The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

STEAMPUNKED Ego-c "sleeve"

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by randmstewart, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Full Member

May 9, 2010
    New England, USA
    Very nice! Great job!

Does it add much weight? I have no idea the heft of various metals. Heh. (ETA: I mean the entire cover, not just the lever, heehee!)

I was going to suggest maybe modifying a screw that it would activate the button when pressed (basically, the screw would be a decorative button, I guess), but your solution is far more elegant! *grin*

I'm not into the steampunk scene, but I've always loved at least some aspects of what is now considered steampunk. :)

2. SuperDaveGulvak

SuperDaveGulvak Full Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Florence, KY
    That thing is awesome man! Great work :)

3. asdaq

asdaq Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Just a few people doing steampunk.... You are certainly one of them, real nice job there too! I think you should make more than just sleeves, the innards really aren't too hard to do. One thing with steampunk and vaping, steampunk is often for the eye, and vaping is more for the hand. All day long LOL.

4. Swarley

Swarley Mod Addict Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2011
    Nor Cal
    Very nice!! Love the looks of these. WOW:):)

5. chriscorv58

chriscorv58 Full Member Verified Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Mass.
    Wow coolest cosmetic mod ive seen to date!

6. randmstewart

randmstewart Full Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    Kailey, it is a bit heavy. It's not so heavy as to become really cumbersome, but you can definitely tell that you have something with substance.

Thanks to everyone for all the encouragement and positive feedback!

7. dhdonline1

dhdonline1 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2012
    canada
  8. bassmonster

bassmonster Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2011
    arkansas
  9. Cuando

Cuando Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Simply badass. Love it. The lever is just brilliant.

10. VWFringe

VWFringe Senior Member ECF Veteran

I would definitely recommend...bigger pictures! (jk)

Freakin' bEauuteeful, man.

11. gentlemancole

gentlemancole Senior Member Verified Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have a sonic screwdriver screwdriver from ThinkGeek that I got as a Christmas gift last year. I am planning on modding it into a PV as soon as I finish moving my girlfriend and I to our new place. ;)

12. wolandepiphanius

wolandepiphanius Darth Wolandvader Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    San Francisco, CA
    Nice! If you do, let me know how you did it so I can do the same. I never bought anything from ThinkGeek, but all their stuff look really cool. I have a ss ego-c passthrough that might look nice as a sonic screwdriver. :)

13. juggalotus

juggalotus Full Member

Dec 18, 2011
    NJ
    That is one of the coolest fricken things i have ever seen! Love steam punk anything

14. Skyway

Skyway Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    I do not know the Steampunk "scene" but I have seen a lot of Steampunk themed stuff and I like it a lot. Your addition of that lever switch is pure art to the entire setup. Very nicely done!

15. OasisMike

OasisMike Full Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Aliso Viejo, CA
    I remember using clear nail-polish on coins I used for magic tricks - to prevent tarnish and lock-in the shine.

Did you use any type of clear coat finish, and if not has the differentiation between the different colors of metals maintained itself?

16. lokivapor

lokivapor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2012
    Bakersfield,CA
    I want one. Lol can anyone give tips on making one or where I can buy a full on mod

the end is here. the end of smoking that is lol vape on

17. chieftechnicalwizard

chieftechnicalwizard Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2012
    Atlanta
    Sweet, I like the twist idea as well :) I appreciate your craftsmanship.

18. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Great job on this and the hours of work show in the detail. Looking for something to customize the ego 650 & 900mah batts. Keeping my eye on this one

19. randmstewart

randmstewart Full Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    ::UPDATE - OCT 30th::

It's been a while since I have been on here, and I was amazed to see how many positive responses that I actually got on this. So after long and hard thinking-ness... (LOL) I decided to rebuild it to suit what I need it for. I have several different batteries that I use, all Ego style. (650, 900, ego-c, and twist) I wanted something cool that would work with all of them, without much piddley-futzing. I direct drip for the most part, so I based the design around that.

The body is solid copper (plumbing fittings) with brass accents throughout, and screws, just cuz they look badass. I designed the lever to be held away from the button by means of a spring, and the lever itself is cut out of some brass sheet that I had lying around from a disassembled alarm clock. Tell me what you think. Oh, plus, bigger pictures this time. :rickroll:

IMG_0670sm.jpg IMG_0671sm.jpg IMG_0672sm.jpg IMG_0674sm.jpg

20. lokivapor

lokivapor Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2012
    Bakersfield,CA
    That's bad A lol I love it

the end is here. the end of smoking that is lol vape on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.