Not open for further replies.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Quite nice there Mr. Kent. :)

A quick fix for the Acorn nut (is it a #6-32?) is to chuck the hex end in a drilll and take a file to it, there is quite a bit of material there and you can easily make it flatter or even concave. Or, you might like to replace it with a knurled nut, I know someone with these.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Quite nice there Mr. Kent. :)

A quick fix for the Acorn nut (is it a #6-32?) is to chuck the hex end in a drilll and take a file to it, there is quite a bit of material there and you can easily make it flatter or even concave. Or, you might like to replace it with a knurled nut, I know someone with these.

Thanks asdaq. I intend either to take the nut (yep #6-32) down some either by file or on my friend's belt sander/emory or just replace it with something flatter and bigger perhaps..... I'm also thinking of taking one wrap of spring off as well ;- )

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
WOW! They say copying someones design is the biggest form of flattery. Very nice job! I am happy that my work inspired you to do the same! Keep it up!

Rand

Thanks Rand! I now have an inkling of how much work you did too :D Next one will be a bit simpler. The typewriter key is an excellent idea - need some concavity there. lol....

I was wondering what you used for the black part - and also that dome with the black trim at the end is a really nice touch - what is that? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread