Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Forget what anyone says about steeping, just for a moment. Try each blend, as you mix them. If you think they're good to go, then enjoy them! If you feel like it's meh, give it a couple of days to settle (steep).

Honestly, steeping shouldn't be a requirement to enjoy your mixes. Nor should it hold you back from trying out fresh made blends. I will not disagree that sometimes a blend requires time to settle. But I'm talking a day or two, definitely not weeks. That's just me though, try 'em!

Edit: I wanted to also add, since you already have individual mixtures made, perhaps you should try dripping individual flavors together in an atty to taste test them as a blend. That way, you won't taint the original blend if you don't think they'll go good with one another.

Last edited:

gumchewer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
south Jersey-in the woods
I rarely step a juice, only if I don't really care for it out of the box, then maybe. Sometimes it helps sometimes not.
As an opponent to steeping to mellow or change the flavor, what if you would have liked it right out of the box.
In defense of steeping however. I have noticed that some 50 ml bottles start to taste mellower as I use them.
It's not an exact science. I have to agree with Levitas.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Keep trying. Like your username says, damn this is fun! DIY is a blast for me so far and some of the mixes i've made are yucky, and some are excellent! Just keep trying and I guarantee you will find something you love! Honestly I always put off DIY because I figured there was no way any DIY juice could be in the same league as premixed, but i've found that you can make a lot of juice thats BETTER! :D Trust me on this, don't give up you WILL find some blends you love!

-Mimi-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
here, there and everywhere
I would give them a try if they have been steeping for a week. Tobacco, vanillas and bakery flavors are the only ones I have seen that could take longer. I have yet to try anything with vanilla have flavor right after mixing. I will try my vanillas after a week, if its not where I want, I let it steep a few more days and try. Fruits and candy flavors are good to go from the beginning (with the exception of dragon fruit).

I don't want to highjack the thread but I have a vanilla question. I make my own vanilla extract. I put 12 vanilla beans in a 5th of vodka and let it "steep". I shake it every day for 4 weeks and its ready to go. Since it is so strong, can I use a couple drops of this in my blends? This MIGHT give me that vanilla kick I am looking for.

I like Levitas idea of dripping different flavors in an atty to see if you like them combined. You could mix it up by putting a couple drops of one flavor, a single drop of another etc. Blends can be quirky from what I have seen so far and I am not very experienced, just make quite a few mistakes lol I REALLY need to get some attys for this *sigh*

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
Some things need to steep and some things don't. If you don't like a juice from the git-go, try letting it steep.
It's like making a good spaghetti sauce.. sometimes it needs to meld to be great!

To me, tobaccos usually taste very harsh and raw until I give them a hot bath and then let them steep. The real key is to do what suits YOU and don't let anyone tell you what is the "best" way to do it.

hngntuf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
NW Georgia
Ok... lol... Thanks for all the replys. It was kinda like asking a politician a question :) I think I'll just have fun and see what happens. I did try the vinegar/lemon juice thing and it sho 'nuff works.

Damthisisfun: Give Mountain Oak Vapors a shot. You won't be disapointed, but it will send you off on another quest to try and duplicate their flavors. I suggest the applewood to start.

Mimi: Please`let us know if this works. Seems like a lot of vodka to me but heck, I don't know anything....

Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread