Status
Not open for further replies.

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
So, this really is a learning process isn't it??? :laugh:

When I got my first shipment of liquids, the note that came with them said to keep them in the fridge, so I did. I didn't know a thing about steeping at that point, so it's a good thing I liked most of them right out of the bottle.

I went to a vape meet, and people there told me there was no need to keep them cold, and I could just store them in a cabinet.

I got my second shipment (a different vendor) and it was not so good at time of delivery. I did a search here, and in google in general, and that's when I read about steeping. ok, good! Take the caps/tops off, let them sit open on a high shelf (where the cats can't get them!). All well and good. Some are better, some are the same, I will let those sit longer.

BUT ... last night, I followed a link to what seemed to be a pretty popular youtube video about steeping (don't recall link, and I am at work, so on a different computer), and there was a great deal of discussion in the comments about leaving the bottles open!!! more than a few people seemed to think this was a bad idea?

ARRRGHHHH!!!!

Is there a general consensous here??? I'm getting some RAWR liquids, hopefully by Friday, and I am told they WILL need to steep. So ... how? how long? is length of time volume dependant? open or closed? is there a difference? :confused:

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Is there a general consensous here?

Nope. 10 different people will tell you 10 different steeping methods. Experiment and see what works best for you. I usually start with the caps off for a day or three, but I'm not entirely convinced that does anything more than make my closet smell good.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread