Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
tobacco flavors do need steeping time unless you buy them presteeped and still I find those need a couple of weeks. tobacco blends and other complex flavors, usually multiple flavors, need time to meld flavors together. I've noticed huge changed in flavor, especially tobacco blends. I bought a RY4 blend that tasted strong out of the mail. I let it steep for a week, tried it, it was mellowing some, another week it was better. At week 4 it was delicious.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Depends on the juice and the person. For me, personally, I ALWAYS try the juice right away... just to see what it's like. (and I'm impatient) If it's good, I may start vaping it. If not, I'll set it aside and keep checking on it periodically. Some liquids to me have been horrible right away (especially ones I mix myself). However, after a week to a month (tobaccos and desserts mainly) they drastically improve or change altogether. Some vendors presteep or premake their juice while others are made to order. I am also guessing that nicotine is a factor (I will soon be doing an experiment to see if it is). It seems that nicotine enhances, alters or at the least, expedites the steeping process. I don't vape nicotine and it seems like most of my juices take longer to steep/come to fruition than others. If you anyone is interested, I will come back and let you know if the nicotine/no nicotine flavor test yields any results. I'm just personally curious to know.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Depends on the juice and the person. For me, personally, I ALWAYS try the juice right away... just to see what it's like. (and I'm impatient) If it's good, I may start vaping it. If not, I'll set it aside and keep checking on it periodically. Some liquids to me have been horrible right away (especially ones I mix myself). However, after a week to a month (tobaccos and desserts mainly) they drastically improve or change altogether. Some vendors presteep or premake their juice while others are made to order. I am also guessing that nicotine is a factor (I will soon be doing an experiment to see if it is). It seems that nicotine enhances, alters or at the least, expedites the steeping process. I don't vape nicotine and it seems like most of my juices take longer to steep/come to fruition than others. If you anyone is interested, I will come back and let you know if the nicotine/no nicotine flavor test yields any results. I'm just personally curious to know.

I would love to know this. I buy a few good flavors from a BM near by that has all juice mixed and steeped and she just adds the tobacco when you buy

rjtoole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Road I Land
If steeping is overrated then there should be no reason to age wine or whiskey. Yes they're different substances but it's the same principle. While it is true that some people will be able to vape something directly from the mailbox while others will find it rancid; taste is subjective. I had a caramel apple that tasted like caramel [deleted]directly from the mailbox that after a month tastes like it was mixed together by unicorn riding angels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
It really does depend on the juice. As a rule I have found that the "house" liquid from B&Ms is best pretty early, they seem to lose a lot of flavor over time. Better juices only benefit from steeping but many come with enough age on them to be ready to go right out of the mail. Really is up to your tastes. As others have said I alwasy taste mine right out of the mail and if they are too shart, rough around the edges, or just not the flavor I was hoping for they steep to be tried later. With some it didn't make any difference at all, with others it was night and day.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I was always skeptical about aging my liquids and if it made a difference, but not anymore. When I first started vaping I bought a sampler pack from epipemods that had like 6 flavors and they said on their site that they mix fresh when you buy bottles but not the samplers. They were premixed and stored. I loved the Shire Malt so much I went and ordered a 100 ML bottle.

When it came in I put some in a tank and went to town! It was terrible!!! It was completely clear and tasted like kerosene! (the SM in the sampler was dark brownish red color). I left the bottle open on a shelf for the better part of week, shaking two or three times a day. It had darkened up a bit, but was no where near the tasty brown elixir that I was used to.

I closed up the bottle and put it in my juice drawer for 2 weeks or so and tried it again. Needless to say it took almost a month for it to turn into the wonderful liquid that is Shire Malt!

Ever since then I am a firm believer in "AGING" my juices!

SourKing

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2014
Columbus, GA, USA
These are some of my aged juices and that's the BIG king
agana9uh.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

islandgirl305

Moved On
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Shilling not allowed on ECF

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
I have read a lot of comments from people stating they steep for up to a month or more. Call me crazy, or just a noob, but I never have noticed a difference in flavor after a day or 2 at most.

I'll call you crazy.

If you're vaping on simple one or two combo flavored juices - you're right probably won't taste much difference. But if you get into the craft juices with multiple layers, you absolutely can taste the juice change with steeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread