'Steeping' TV juice: Which ones need it, which ones don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burto1945

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Springfield, IL
Hi there--

I am in the process of stocking up on TV juices, I just can't stop. Over the past few weeks I have ordered many bottles on special, and now I have them on hand. My question to those with some TV experience: Which flavors do you feel can be vaped immediately, and which ones should be set aside for 1-2-3-4 weeks? Here are the flavors I have on hand, any recommendations are welcome.

(I am aware that almost ALL the flavors will benefit from waiting for awhile, I am just looking for opinions as to which ones I could crack open and sample now. I'm getting antsy for some TV! :D)

Received Monday, July 12:
Cafe Mocha
Amaretto Stone Sour
Pina Colada

Received Saturday, July 17:
Atomic Cinnacide
Blue Bulls
Boston Creme Pie
Geoff's Blend
Tastyfinger
Cherry Cola

Not yet received:
Banana Creme Pie
Kretek
Mojito
Blueberry Waffles (I know there are no opinions yet, just listing it)
TV Custom Co-op (Thanks VaporingQueen!)

All of them are 12mg, 80/20 PG/VG, if that makes any difference. I figure I should wait at least a week for all of them, but which ones can I take out first? Thanks for any help!! :)

Blue Skies

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
So Cali
This is just an example of how subjective flavors are between people.
I thought mojito was good right out of the box. Just a little more minty then it ends up being in the end.

I have heard a lot of people say tastyfinger is good the first day, but all I can taste is the chocolate.

I liked cherry cola right away, but it needs to sit so the cherry comes out more.

I've had Amaretto stone sour for 4-5 weeks and it still doesn't taste great to me on 3.7V. It's good at 6V though.

The first day I got Geoff's blend, I put it in a carto and took a few puffs off it and I hated it. It tasted like...spicy bubble gum or something. I have had it sitting for about 2 weeks now and I haven't picked it up again.

Boston Cream Pie wasn't bad out of the box, I can taste all the flavors, but mostly the chocolate.

You have a lot more patience than I. I get so excited about trying the new flavors that I usually try everything the first day I receive them. I am also interested in how the flavors change over time. My advice is, stop torturing yourself and open something!!!! If you try it and don't like it, put it away for a week, and move on to the next flavor! :) Good luck!

haileymadison

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
indiana
I liked the Cherry Cola on day one, but as it aged it got a little too strong for me. If you like AC, you will like Cherry Cola a little better in a week or two.

I loved the Banana Cream Pie, tasty finger and Cafe Mocha from day one.

Boston Cream pie got much better with age.

I don't care for AC, just not a cinnamon fan.

Pina Colada tasted better after a week or two.

The others, I received as samples that were already aged, so I can't really say about those.

BababooeyHTJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2010
Hartford
I think anything with dairy benefits the most from sitting a good long while. I know some of the co-op flavors qualify.

I thought Tastyfinger tasted like vaping a stick of butter at first. I loved it a couple of weeks later.

I felt the same way about tastyfinger. Cherry Cola needed about a week.

Most juices are mostly fine from day one like Apple Cider. BNB needs it bad. I bought a doubler and 48mg bottle a little over a week ago and tried it when I first got it and was disappointed. It didn't taste at all like I remember. I just tried it today and it tasted just like the juice that I love.

You have a lot more patience than I. I get so excited about trying the new flavors that I usually try everything the first day I receive them. I am also interested in how the flavors change over time. My advice is, stop torturing yourself and open something!!!! If you try it and don't like it, put it away for a week, and move on to the next flavor! :) Good luck!

Great advice, thats exactly what I do.

andruszko

Apr 18, 2010
I just got the vanilla, no taste at all. I'll try again later. The chocolate is weak, but i still mixed a hard hitting chocomint ;-). i'll just wait for that bottle to mature as i vape it.

The butter cream actually has pretty decent flavor already, and cappucino, but they both seem they need to be steeped a little bit.

Peppermint was excellent out of the box

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I loved Pina colada from day one but it improves every day - my bottles of that usually don't last more than 2 weeks :)oops:) haha but from experience I'd say it doesnt require a long 'maturation' time.
Banana cream pie I also liked from day 1 but that again improved as the days (not weeks) passed.
For me the AC was smoother after a couple of weeks - Im not a mad fan of cinamon either although it blends well with TV Tobacco imo. There's nothing wrong with AC - if you love cinamon you'll love AC but being a Brit I like subtle cinamon :) It was fine on day 1, just wicked strong.
Haven't had the others you mention.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
My personal thoughts on steeping is, I dont do it much anymore, I think its a bunch of nonsense too, ya juice may get a bit better after say 2 weeks or so, but for the most part heck I want fresh juice anymore, I built up such a collection of juice that it was a huge waste of money since it is going bad now, a lot of it too. From now on I buy my daily vapes on a monthly basis and or when I'm getting low, no more spending huge amounts on juice and putting it away to steep, if its not good after 2 weeks of steeping it isn't ever gonna be good, and I'm finding I like fresh better now a days, if it's good stuff to my taste buds it's vapable to me with in a week or so, I know I will here a bunch of killer MWA comments here on this, but its just my personal vaping experience and thoughts so theres nothing wrong with liking fresh juice over stuff that is 6-9 months old is there, nope,,,, I also think its a huge marketing ploy to buy more juice and "LET IT STEEP" Nonsense to me, like I said it's either vapable when it comes in the mail or with in a week or it hits the trash from here on out for me.

Raechel

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Louisville, KY
Well Kretek does taste very different after it steeps more than 2 weeks (like at the month point). I personally can't vape it because freaky me sneezes while vaping it and no one else has this problem. I have other flavors that get deeper too. Not a marketing ploy. It is the users that started saying it. But there is nothing wrong with fresh juice. I do not *just* let mine steep as a rule. I vape plenty of them fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread