Steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey everyone! I've been making my own e liquid for a while. But I got to wondering, how long do I need to steep it if at all? My usual blend is 94% vg 6% pg.
Hi,
If the mix doesn't contain flavor, it should be ready to vape when mixed.
What is the nicotine content of the juice?
Are you flavoring it? Which flavor(s) are you using and in what percentage?
What device are you using to vape?

Cheers
I

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hey everyone! I've been making my own e liquid for a while. But I got to wondering, how long do I need to steep it if at all? My usual blend is 94% vg 6% pg.

Mixing is important. Shake the bottles until you see tiny bubbles all through the mix. That helps to ensure that all ingredients are mixed thoroughly. As the bubbles rise, they create little eddys in the mix that help distribute the mix components.

Juice does develop more flavor over the first 3 weeks after mixing. Steeping makes a difference. EDIT: As ppeeble said below,

VG is much thicker than PG. My mixes are 50/50, but if you are into clouds, then high VG is your friend.

ETA: as ppeebles said below, some flavors are good right after mixing. Others may require 2 or 3 weeks to mature into full flavor. Shaking periodically during steeping helps to ensure max flavor during.

Last edited:
Reactions: Letitia

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Totally dependent on what flavours you are using... Some are good to vape immediately, some take time to develop, some deteriorate if left too long.
Even some flavours like custards and creams can be vaped immediately but will change over time - the majority of vapers prefer them after a week or two but taste is subjective.
A bad tasting batch will probably, after steeping, taste like a well-aged bad tasting batch. There is no right or wrong, there is only juice :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread