Stentorian Steam Engine Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe kaluza

Mar 3, 2016
I own this tank and I really like what they did with the this tank it has unbelievable airflow produces great flavor and clouds also the 3 coils that come with it can accommodate different styles of vaping example. The Clapton. 7 ohm coil produces extreme flavor less clouds then your. 25 parrelel massive amounts of clouds... My biggest negative is no rta option... So to compare this tank to some of the best I would say it's a better tank compared to the Sense Herkakles not by much but I do think it's better... Without the rta option the Crown still has the edge over this tank

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Just saw this video review of the Stentorian Steam Engine Tank -

Looks like it is one of Suck My Mod's Top 5 sub-ohm tanks for 2015.

Has anyone purchased this tank yet and can comment on it compared to other tanks like the Starre Pro, Herakles Plus, or Crown?

4get the starr pro. Get the Freemax Scylla. No spitback, no leaks, twist topfill (no leaks) great flavor w ni200 and coil last few weeks depending ur cloud chucking

dashbb

Jun 27, 2016
Houston TX
It can be loud, I close my airflow quite a bit. I find it on par almost to Herakles Plus. Just got a second one in black, love it. Haven't tried Clinton yet. Herakles if not for leaking would be my best tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Oh yeah. Herakles Plus leaks like a broken faucet. Must keep it upright and close juice flow when not vaping.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DonnaVapes

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
The Stentorian Steam Engine is my next purchase UNLESS it won't work well as a MTL vape (that's how I roll). Can it be used MTL or is it ONLY for direct lung vapers? I'm really always MTL and noticed that some sub-ohm tanks don't vape worth a darn with MTL. Also, has anyone had any issues with leaking, spitting or gurgling? That's a big huge no-no for me. I have wasted too much money on tanks that misbehave or need to be coddled. Thank you SOOOO much for your wisdom & answers! They will help me decide to go or not go with this amazing tank. :)

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
Steam Engine is direct lung tank. The only good flavor tank I own that is MTL is Zephyrus V2, and Kanger Subtank.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Thanks dashbb - I was sort of afraid of that! I know a couple more MTL tanks: Endura T-22, T-18, Anyvape Cerotank V2 & Mega - these are great MTL tanks. My Kanger Subvod (Nano tank, I believe) was my first mod (gift from my son last Christmas) is def. a direct lung tank - soooo hard to MTL & get much vapor. That's not the same as the Subtank, is it? Anyway I appreciate your answering me though not what I was hoping for. :/

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
I love my steam engines, though there is a touch of spitting. Rare, but it happens. Otherwise, no leaks, durable (I drop things - lol) and awesome clouds and flavor, as well as huge capacity.

Thanks ph0enix, I figured I'd love it too... but for the fact that it's a direct lung inhale and I really don't do well with that method of vaping. I wanted one SO badly until dashbb said it's not MTL & that's my preferred vaping method. I can get one for $22 through FastTech - best price I've seen around for a steam engine. Anyway, glad to hear it doesn't misbehave. :)

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
I couldn't resist -- I used up my VapeWild credits and got my Stentorian Steam Engine really affordably. It came in today's mail and I've been vaping it on my MVP 3.0 pro at 50 watts - I am learning to direct lung inhale but found I can do both (just don't get as much of a cloud with MTL) with it. The flavor is outstanding - I didn't know ejuice could taste so good. Can't wait to try the other coils that came in the box - I'm using the 0.25 ohm parallel at the moment. Again I so appreciate everyone's input - and it doesn't leak or spit so far - so it's "aces" in my book! :)

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
I cannot find the answer online so I'm asking Stentorian Steam Engine owners (please?) how low can you go in the juice before you NEED to fill so you don't burn up the coil or foul things up? I'm guessing not below the juice holes but I wanted to check with the expert users to be sure. I am in LOVE with this tank!!! It has the best flavor and behavior of all my tanks -- only one issue is the popping on first draw (like my AIO) but that's OK - she doesn't spit, leak, gurgle or misbehave in any way!!! As good as the Cerotanks (just not as quiet). Anyway, thank you in advance for your input!

DonnaVapes

Feb 29, 2016
I have gone below the juice holes to almost empty. I pretty much will know when its time to refill as the taste starts to be a bit off. But I would say if you are worried about this, just refill it when it gets close to the juice holes.

Thank you cj - appreciate the input. I sometimes don't pay attention when vaping on the computer so I wanted to make sure I didn't do something stupid. Good to know it *can* go below the juice holes! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread