Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
For me when using rayon, its best to have the inside of the coil stuffed with rayon but still be able to slide the wicking a little without distorting the coil. If the wicking begins to pull on the coil then either stop(if tails are an ok length) and make sure to put plenty of ejuice on that coil before installing on the tank. On the tails, it depends on the tank. On the siren I thin the bottom a little to just touch the deck or may leave just the littlest space.
If you get any leaking on the siren, then trim a little of the bottom of the tail where it just meets the deck, and since your wick is already saturated with juice, take the smallest littlest piece of the rayon you already snipped(dry) from earlier and carefully layer a bit near the coil where the wick just starts going down the side of the deck. Doesn't take much to beef that up a little but you don't want to use so much as to not be able to get the tank back together. Since the tails are already saturated with juice this layering tip allows the dry piece to just be patted down carefully and it will adhere to the existing rayon and absorb the juice and stays put in place. I use a small screwdriver or an 18 gauge needle to pat the dry rayon carefully onto the existing tails.

If your tails are way to short to hit the deck, you can also add rayon to lengthen them but instead of putting on the outside of the existing tail, try to separate bottom and top (somewhere around halfway down the existing tails) and insert a small longer piece there and allow to absorb the juice.

YMMV

:)

Thanks for the advice. I tried again today still don’t think I got it quite right. I’ll keep trying.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for the advice. I tried again today still don’t think I got it quite right. I’ll keep trying.
What makes you think its not right? Is the tank leaking? Dry hits? Doesn't have to be perfect or look nice, just has to work.

:)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread