Step into the Zone with Vapingzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Analog

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
USA
My mod came with (protected) batteries that don't work with the dual-coil cartos the vendor recommended. They're dual 5 coils, so it's a 2.5 ohm carto. He said he didn't realize the batteries wouldn't work and they should have new batteries by Wednesday to ship to me. Grrr...nothing like spending $85 and not being able to use the product purchased, lol.
It came with a HV atty. I tried dripping in it, and it didn't seem any different than using my eGo. Hopefully the cartos will be different.

Question...
I don't really understand the whole "LR attys for eGos/HV attys for high voltage mods" thing. All i know is they recommend these 2.5 ohm cartos for their 6V mod, so hopefully it'll work out once I get the right batteries. I'm assuming I can't use a LR2.0 Boge on the 6V, right?

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
My mod came with (protected) batteries that don't work with the dual-coil cartos the vendor recommended. They're dual 5 coils, so it's a 2.5 ohm carto. He said he didn't realize the batteries wouldn't work and they should have new batteries by Wednesday to ship to me. Grrr...nothing like spending $85 and not being able to use the product purchased, lol.
It came with a HV atty. I tried dripping in it, and it didn't seem any different than using my eGo. Hopefully the cartos will be different.

Question...
I don't really understand the whole "LR attys for eGos/HV attys for high voltage mods" thing. All i know is they recommend these 2.5 ohm cartos for their 6V mod, so hopefully it'll work out once I get the right batteries. I'm assuming I can't use a LR2.0 Boge on the 6V, right?

Nice job of vapingzone to make your batteries right. I do understand your frustration though. Unfortunately being cutting edge sometimes issues need to be worked out

yes protected batteries can do that. I use the lifepo batteries and I have no issues. I think 2.0 ohm single coil is not going to work @ 6 volts too small. Now any twin (dual) coil 1.5 ohms and up with the right batteries work just great. The higher the ohms the less vape your going to get. You need to find your sweet spot.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
As long as shipping goes right batteries are going to be in on time. We have been assured these new batteries will do the trick.

Yes that should do the trick. There is nothing inside the mod that would cause twin 1.5 coils to not work as it is indeed an all mechanical mod. I vape 1.5 twin coils all day long using my lifepo batteries at 6 volts

GiMante

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
So Cal
www.VaperSociety.com
Yes that should do the trick. There is nothing inside the mod that would cause twin 1.5 coils to not work as it is indeed an all mechanical mod. I vape 1.5 twin coils all day long using my lifepo batteries at 6 volts

I'm so glad to hear that because that is exactly how I will be vaping mine :)

No More Analog

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
USA
Batteries are shipping to me tomorrow. Vaping Zone definitely came through. Thanks!

Thanks for the advice on the cartos, guys. I'll be trying the 2.5 dual coils I got from VZ and I'll experiment from there.

Can anyone explain this to me: Why are 1.5ohm dual coils cartos ok for the 6V mod, but 2.0 ohm single coils are not ok?
Would my 1.5 dual coil Health Cabin cartos work?
Thanks!

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Thanks! Another question...
Some people talk about flavors tasting burnt on high voltage mods.
What should I do to avoid this? Is it random just based on each particular vendor's flavoings they use? Is it PG/VG ratio? Something else?
I never get a burning taste from HV.. Keep the cartos wet.. When I fill a carto, I overfill by a drop or two. Look down the air tube as you fill. When you see the hole plug up, stop and blow out or shake the carto.. That insures you that your carto is full. When flavor starts to get faint, time to reload..

My favorite juice ratio is 70pg/30vg.. Some flavors do cause coil build up, such as dark juices which contains caramel coloring. Which is sugar.. I just discovered that malic acid (Sour Flavor) causes build up also.. I also find that less flavor is best for the equipment.. I DIY my juices so my flavors range to 2% - 15%....VAPE ON!!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Received mine 4 days ago. Running it with an 801 Fusion with adapter at 6V...vaping awesomeness! I love it. I can put it in my pocket, take it to work and not worry about an over priced mod getting stolen....although I dare someone to try it with this one! This baby hits like a lion. Thank you VZ for carrying this.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Bump for a great mod! I find myself reaching for this more than my lava tube. I know its tough as nails and didnt break the bank.

Neon

I agree a nice solid mod for the price. I gave some thought to the lava tube but I like running my twin 1.5 ohm coils @ 6 volts. That's something that can not be done with the lava tube.

No More Analog

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
USA
Mine's here, batteries and all. It works like a charm but I think I'm going to sell the whole kit. 4V seems to be my sweet spot and I don't need this mod for that.
If anyone wants my mod kit with 2 sets of batteries, chargers, and 4 mega sized dual coil 2.5ohm cartos, let me know.
I don't think the vendor takes returns, so I'm going offer it here. PM me. If no takers, I'll put it in the classified forum.
Thanks.
P.S. The second set of batteries they sent me are 3.2V each, so I guess that would make it a 6.4V mod now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread