Stepping down the nic, how to mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bochawa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Naples, Italy
I want to step down from 12mg but am not quite ready for 6 except out of my dripper. I have 50ml bottles of 12 and 6 in most flavors but I have always tossed my empties. What is the best way to mix the two so I get 9mg without losing a lot of juice? I wish getting an empty 100ml bottle was as easy as going to the store but no dice here in Italy. Do I mix both in a highball glass and redistribute with a turkey baster?

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I want to step down from 12mg but am not quite ready for 6 except out of my dripper. I have 50ml bottles of 12 and 6 in most flavors but I have always tossed my empties. What is the best way to mix the two so I get 9mg without losing a lot of juice? I wish getting an empty 100ml bottle was as easy as going to the store but no dice here in Italy. Do I mix both in a highball glass and redistribute with a turkey baster?

Do you have a funnel? If so, you could mix in the glass or a bowl and use the funnel to put it into the bottle. It would help if the glass or bowl would fit into the funnel so you can tilt it upside down and let it drain all the way. You would lose less than you will with that turkey baster.

MikeL76

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
ACB, MI
How did you decide it's time to step down? I started at 18, and I bought like 6 bottles of various 18, then when I discovered NT and started going bonkers ordering stuff I got Wakonda & H1N1 in 18, since I figured I'd use those fairly quick, and have ordered all else in 12 (planning on dropping)... Ive been vaping a lot, but I feel like it's cause I'm enjoying it, not so much cause I'm feinding nic. I mean, sometimes I do, but.... Even when I go out with 2 clearos of 12 and bounce between them I don't notice any mood changes etc, so I feel like it's time to start transitioning, but it's not like I'm getting a mic buzz off of 18 when I use that either...

So what made you decide?

Thanks in Advance!!!

(I can DEFINETLY vape the hell out of wakonda and H1N1 to use it up, but I'm sad that I'll have to vape some other stuff (which isn't bad, it's just not quite NT)... Guess it will give me something to look forward too.... Of course, theres always the possibility that I'll start vaping 24ml a day so I can get back to my NT juice.) :vapor:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Even when I go out with 2 clearos of 12 and bounce between them I don't notice any mood changes etc, so I feel like it's time to start transitioning, but it's not like I'm getting a mic buzz off of 18 when I use that either...
I'd say don't go too low too fast - advice given to me 6 months ago by someone a few months ahead of me who found he had to step back up again for a time after going down too soon. He hadn't smoked as long as I had either.

I've gone down from 2.4mg by gradually mixing in a lower nicotine - that way I haven't noticed it. I did get down to 1.2mg reasonably quickly, but slowed down after that. Half of what I use now is 0.3mg, and I'm staying with it for at least a month before testing out all 0.3mg.

May be easier to reduce it sooner if you want to, but I smoked for many years so I may feel it more ..not sure.

MikeL76

Verified Member
Aug 13, 2014
ACB, MI
May be easier to reduce it sooner if you want to, but I smoked for many years so I may feel it more ..not sure.

Hmm.. 20 years, 2 PAD the last ten..... I'm shocked I'm not buying liquid NIC to add to everything.... lol...

I'll be curious to (please) hear from others as well... Appreciate the info Pictor, maybe I should just focus on dwindling my supply of 18, but not be in a rush to get rid of it completely based on your feedback..... Save a little for when I need it after I make the change.... Or carry one clearo of 18, and two of 12... (I usually carry 3)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

I don't pay much attention to the exact mg strength; I'd mix a bottle of glycerin with 10% water and just use that to add to a liquid to dilute it a bit if it was too strong.

But yes if yu just mix the 2 - the 12 and the 6 in equal amounts you'd end up with 9.

But better yet if you have multiple tanks; keep the strong one handy for if you feel a craving but vape the lower strenght most of the time.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Hmm.. 20 years, 2 PAD the last ten..... I'm shocked I'm not buying liquid NIC to add to everything.... lol...
Yes, I've been surprised too! I had my first cigarette more than 40 years ago, and 36 per day in the last couple of years, so it was quite a lot - hence me still being amazed that I'm OK with all this :)

Save a little for when I need it after I make the change.... Or carry one clearo of 18, and two of 12... (I usually carry 3)
I had a time where I used eSmarts, and still have a few, so I can use a bottle of something older with higher nicotine in one to take out with me so that I can use it a little if needed!

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
How did you decide it's time to step down? I started at 18, and I bought like 6 bottles of various 18, then when I discovered NT and started going bonkers ordering stuff I got Wakonda & H1N1 in 18, since I figured I'd use those fairly quick, and have ordered all else in 12 (planning on dropping)... Ive been vaping a lot, but I feel like it's cause I'm enjoying it, not so much cause I'm feinding nic. I mean, sometimes I do, but.... Even when I go out with 2 clearos of 12 and bounce between them I don't notice any mood changes etc, so I feel like it's time to start transitioning, but it's not like I'm getting a mic buzz off of 18 when I use that either...

So what made you decide?

Thanks in Advance!!!

(I can DEFINETLY vape the hell out of wakonda and H1N1 to use it up, but I'm sad that I'll have to vape some other stuff (which isn't bad, it's just not quite NT)... Guess it will give me something to look forward too.... Of course, theres always the possibility that I'll start vaping 24ml a day so I can get back to my NT juice.) :vapor:

I got to the point that I was vaping less and less. If I got a new flavor and hit it a lot (which we all tend to do with new SR's) I would get the usual overdose symptoms. I stepped down gradually. 24 > 18 > 15 > 12 > 9 > 6 and now am about ready to start moving to 3. The time of the drop from 9 to "begin moving to 3" has been 6 months. I held onto 18 for a year.

Bochawa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Naples, Italy
I do have a Reo Grand and honestly it doesn't bother me anymore than my Kayfuns. My 454 dripper definitely tears me up at 12 and I have to do 6 in that. For me the 12 is just kind of starting to irritate my throat and feel a bit harsh. While I do enjoy throat hit it's just starting to be too much. Just like when I stepped down from 18. My wife really liked QOH and we have probably 40+ mils left of QOH in 18mg. We have both been on 12 for several months now. Anyway she put some in her tank I thought she was gonna cough up a lung! I teased her took a hit myself and did the same! It's just too harsh, and now the 12 is starting to feel a bit the same way. My body is talking and I'm gonna listen.

DivideMyDestiny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NC
Congrats on the step down. I'm now migrating to 3mg. The transition wasn't difficult but I figured I'm going to work on my current stock at 6mg (hence why I've been order free for a while). Although I realize 3mg is sort of a niche market at this point. I wish there was a way I could order it from Nicoticket premixed with the understanding that the batches might be different any my mileage might vary. *Hint Hint Clark*

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Congrats on the step down. I'm now migrating to 3mg. The transition wasn't difficult but I figured I'm going to work on my current stock at 6mg (hence why I've been order free for a while). Although I realize 3mg is sort of a niche market at this point. I wish there was a way I could order it from Nicoticket premixed with the understanding that the batches might be different any my mileage might vary. *Hint Hint Clark*
I know it's not quite the same, but there's a lot will mix well with the zero CB, CLS, & GCD and any other near zero ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread