Sticking with what works..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbc83

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Am I the only one that vapes the same diy flavor 24/7/365? I have so many concentrates that I have from when I started a couple years ago and just stuck to what worked after a couple months in. I don't know if it's because I got sick of experimenting (Often left dissapointed) or if I just became lazy.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
There are many who have an adv, diy and commercial users. I am not one of them. Usually 5 different flavors here lately. Once I'm finished tweaking a few favorites I'll probably drop back down to 3 rtas and a couple of drippers for the other recipes.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I have things I like, gave up on diy, I'm just too lazy and it was cheaper in the end to just buy (I like complex flavors). I generally have a type of adv, maybe not a flavor. If you've found/made a flavor you can do and love everyday, you are ahead of the game.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Either I'm not picky or extremely good at DIY but I have about 15 flavors I am vaping and liking. I've had two failures, but then I preceded slowly at first to get a handle on flavors. I don't think I'd be happy with one flavor all day long. To me DIY is one of the more fun aspects of vaping though...

Anna

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
You are not alone! I make my own Double RY4, Vanilla and Caramel blend and have been vaping it exclusively for years. I threw out all those free samples and unused flavors years ago. I mix 500ml batches at a time.
Do you have a recipe you are willing to share? I have a friend that I am finding it difficult to make a mix that she likes. She describes she want tobacco, vanilla and caramel but getting just the right caramel and vanilla are proving expensive and time consuming.

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have lots of flavors that I like and have mixes for. Most of them are simple mixes with 2-4 flavorings and I have some that are single flavors only. Variety is the Spice of life, donchaknow. Having several that are in rotation at all times keeps me interested in vaping.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not sure you can have too many DIY flavors. :) I WILL say you can have to attempt TOO MANY RTAs all at once. Oh well, I'm glad one DIY thing is pretty easy for me. I got a bunch of new flavors I am excited to try out, possibly today (first day I haven't had to leave the house in a while, which is pleasing, as we got almost wash-worthy rain, and I really don't trust my car at the moment.)

I really have to figure out how much clutch was burned out by my Mom, what my gear ratios are at now, and how I can either plough through OR skim over a wash. I have no clue why, as such a tragically bad LOW speed driver I can have all this competence in other areas, but I do. :) Being able to leave work in the RAINIEST area of Tucson (one of the reservations, they don't have good infrastructure) was a big motivator I guess, but I know all the sneaky "non-wash" detours and just exactly how bad a wash can be before I shouldn't attempt it. I come home with exciting tales, and the husband demands my keys, but it's a futile gesture at this point.

If I want to drive, I drive, and if I want to mix... I mix. :)

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I started vaping with 2 set-ups, each with their own flavor loaded and ready to go. I figured, after 40+ years smoking the same cigarette over and over again, all day, every day, why not take advantage of the ease of changing it up and keeping it fresh? Now, I rotate between 6 to 8 flavors each day, depending on time of day and what strikes my fancy at the moment.

I got into DIY as a safety net from the elimination/taxation of store bought juice. I now have a few I like/use/mix regularly, but there are a few store bought I like so much, I am not giving them up. Not wanting to quickly reduce my stock of nic, I am fine for now splitting between DIY and store bought. Maybe I am a bit lazy, but at this point in my life, I like the ease and convenience of my current system.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Am I the only one that vapes the same diy flavor 24/7/365? I have so many concentrates that I have from when I started a couple years ago and just stuck to what worked after a couple months in. I don't know if it's because I got sick of experimenting (Often left dissapointed) or if I just became lazy.
With a new (or one used a couple of times) wick on a RDA, I could see myself vaping one of my ADV mixes everyday.

gcvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Las Vegas
Do you have a recipe you are willing to share? I have a friend that I am finding it difficult to make a mix that she likes. She describes she want tobacco, vanilla and caramel but getting just the right caramel and vanilla are proving expensive and time consuming.

Sure. I mix at 30/70 VG/PG, get all my flavorings from TFA and use:
Double RY4 @ 10%
French Vanilla @ 7%
Caramel @ 7%

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I've made Dozens and Dozens of DIY Recipes over the years. And have gone off on Different Tangents at time. But I have Always had Two Main DIY Recipes that I use on an almost a Daily Bases.

One is a TastyFinger variant. The Other is a Watermelon/Fruit Punch-ish/Pineapple-ish/Cherry Blend.

So Yeah, I can Relate to Vaping the same DIY Mix 24/7/365.

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Its been almost 3 years now of 4% HS desert ship or highway and 2% RTS tobacco absolute 60/40 mix thats been inhand every day and I just don't get sick of the taste. I make 200ml at a time. I have several other tobaccos but they don't get as much atty time. My wife too same 3 years 4% HS desert ship and 1% sig circus cotton candy....thats the only juice she vapes, soon as I cut her 200ml into 50's I mix up another 200 so its got a month steep before she vapes it.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Either I'm not picky or extremely good at DIY but I have about 15 flavors I am vaping and liking. I've had two failures, but then I preceded slowly at first to get a handle on flavors. I don't think I'd be happy with one flavor all day long. To me DIY is one of the more fun aspects of vaping though...

Anna
Ditto. I have 15 - 20 recipes either being vaped or steeping and every single one is different. Most I have never vaped before or even tested. I just mix up 2 different 100ml recipes every couple weeks and hope for the best. I have 9 setups/recipes on my desk and usually 3 - 5 get vaped each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread