Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
i was just thinking that it would be awesome to have @Baditude ’s Blog on batteries and Mechs as a sticky on this sub forum. They’re full of important information for mech noobies and the blogs can be difficult to find especially if you’re a newbie and don’t know about the blogs or what to even search for.

Just a thought. maybe this has already been brought up and it was determined not to though

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think it would be good too. There was kind of an "articles" section that was gonna happen but I think it lost momentum or something. But, it would be nice although honestly, I think newcomers are more likely to actually READ the stuff as it is tirelessly posted by members directly into the threads. I really do.

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m just saying I’ve been here for over a year. I didn’t realize there were even blogs for 6 months then I had to figure out how to find information in them.

Granted I’m not the brightest bulb but still. I wanted to read Baditudes and Moochs articles about mechs and ohms and batteries. It took forever to find them but at least I knew they existed. Somewhere.

As a noobie to mechs I was kinda REALLY surprised there wasn’t even a sticky on battery safety especially on the mech sub forum. I mean a lot of us moan that noobies need to be better educated. Well let’s make it easier to educate them.

That’s all!!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
More members need to request this for the moderators to decide to "sticky" anything. Often members will advise novices to read Mooch's or my blogs, but unless they also post a link the novices may not be able to find them on their own. We shouldn't rely on other members to always post a link, either. A sticky would eliminate those problems.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
More members need to request this for the moderators to decide to "sticky" anything. Often members will advice novices to read Mooch's or my blogs, but unless they also post a link the novices may not be able to find them on their own. We shouldn't rely on other members to always post a link, either. A sticky would eliminate those problems.

I have to agree, the information is all here but can only be found by a hit or miss search. Links to your posts and Mooch's post was how I found stuff. Do you start a conversation private message with a moderator or just cite them by name with a "@" in front to this thread?

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I agree also with a sticky but also with the fact that perhaps better diffusion is had by the posts directly in threads as questions come up.

I would think that the moderators would sticky these posts just from a safety point of view without needing loads of opinion. @moderators lets make this sticky you know it makes sense :)
P.S. I hope @moderators works! :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Do you start a conversation private message with a moderator or just cite them by name with a "@" in front to this thread?
I'm not sure what the proper procedure is. I asked a moderator years ago to sticky my Battery Basics for Mods, before Mooch even joined this forum. I don't remember what the mod said....something about an effort to keep the number of stickies on the forum to a minimum. I seem to remember that only the administrator has the power to sticky something. The administrator paid me to write a "definitive battery guide for vaping" for the forum, but it never got posted or stickied. It's now in my blog, Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

Yet many of the stickies now in place are no longer relevant. There's a sticky in the Batteries and Chargers sub-forum on new AW batteries. AW batteries haven't been available for years.
New AW Cells

Last edited:

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Last edited:

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
It seems that battery safety would be of paramount importance for beginners given that batteries are headline grabbing disasters. I was somewhat late to battery safety and I lucked out. A highly visible position would seem advisable.

I'm not sure what the proper procedure is. I asked a moderator years ago to sticky my Battery Basics for Mods, before Mooch even joined this forum. I don't remember what the mod said....something about an effort to keep the number of stickies on the forum to a minimum. I seem to remember that only the administrator has the power to sticky something. The administrator paid me to write a "definitive battery guide for vaping" for the forum, but it never got posted or stickied. It's now in my blog, Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping

Yet many of the stickies now in place are no longer relevant. There's a sticky in the Batteries and Chargers sub-forum on new AW batteries. AW batteries haven't been available for years.
New AW Cells

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Administrator can create a new sticky on General Vaping Discussion Forum right above sticky "Where can I get a .......?" with a tittle like:Safety Guides and provide acces only to few experts like Mooch,Baditude so they can insert proper articles/videos via Link.

I like the limited access idea, sometimes the original content gets diluted with questions or with some dodo's wanting to show themselves to be the smartest kid in the group. A Q&A section could be provided separately.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I’m just saying I’ve been here for over a year. I didn’t realize there were even blogs for 6 months then I had to figure out how to find information in them.

Granted I’m not the brightest bulb but still. I wanted to read Baditudes and Moochs articles about mechs and ohms and batteries. It took forever to find them but at least I knew they existed. Somewhere.

As a noobie to mechs I was kinda REALLY surprised there wasn’t even a sticky on battery safety especially on the mech sub forum. I mean a lot of us moan that noobies need to be better educated. Well let’s make it easier to educate them.

That’s all!!

When Oliver redid the forum design, he tried to do away with a lot of the stickies..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread