Status
Not open for further replies.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Vapemail has arrived, just received the Stingray Copper Black, and must say, I am in love with this mech mod. Threads like butter, huge contact area on the floating center pin and firing pin, very short throw with the magnetic switch, and actually love the new logo etching, the pics don't do it justice, the flash turns the copper engraving to red, but in real life you see the copper of the tube underneath the Black Chrome finish. It's a tad shorter than the Nemi, has a good solid heft to it, the locking ring is polished stainless which you only have to make a half turn to lock or unlock. With the black chrome finish and the polished stainless wrapped end cap, switch, locking ring, and silver plated pins, this is a low maintenance high end mech mod. Really really impressed.

Haven't done any voltage drop tests yet, was so excited to get it, had to set the alarm so I could sign for it and not miss the vape delivery man. So threw my Aqua with a .3 ohm vertical build and had a vape, have no doubt that this is one of the top mechs to have. When I first opened it, looked like there where only 2 tubes, a 18350 and a 18650, which was ok by me, but much to my surprise, when I was setting it up for my Sony 18650 VTC4 30 amp battery, the top section of the tube came unscrewed, the finish and tolerances were so good that I couldn't tell it was 2 tubes and not one. Blew me away. Even knowing that it's 2 tubes, tis hard to see where it is joined.

Am the proud owner #316 Stingray Copper Black edition.

YjgS6VO.jpg

wu6tzwc.jpg

vTQ7Q78.jpg

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Vaporcigzz needs to hurry up and ship out my pre-order so I can stop being jealous of everyone who got their mod already.

Feel bad for you guys, between their snow and the holiday they had last week, they experienced delays. Mine was shipped on Saturday and arrived in todays Vape Mail. So was pretty Jazzed about it. One thing to note, is that Vaporcigzz does physically check each of their Mech mods, to ensure that they aren't blemished or defective. The tubes were wrapped in paper towel, then placed inside of a baggie, with bubble wrap. Also they ship out in the order they were purchased, just glad I beat you guys to the add to cart button. lol Well worth the wait.

Same. They replied to my email saying they weren't shipping monday but would resume tuesday. Frustrating.

Hang on, maybe this will help..:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::D:mail: lol. am happy to report that my concerns about the new etched logo is dispelled, really adds character to the Stingray, and grows on you. It's kewl to see the actual copper underneath the black chrome finish. And the feel of the black chrome is pretty nice too. Almost warm to the touch, and non slippery.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
How much switch wobble?
How scratchy is switch?
Does switch click w/ edge press like nemesis?

Switch wobble, what's that?? lol.

The switch is vastly better than the Nemesis. Using polished SS wrapped around the copper base. The throw is about a quarter of the Nemi, with the large silver contact pressed up to the battery, and the magnets inside the housing completing the circuit while engaged. In my pics you can see how short the throw is with it unlocked. And like I reported in my review, the lock ring is fully engaged with only a half revolution, so going from locked to unlocked is a simple twist.

Really handsome device, dice57!! Congrats!!

Thanks free, was checking on it everyday since I placed the order. The Stingray exceeds expectations. So glad I found it.

If its like the normal sting ray then..
None
Its not
No

What Chino said, though not a normal Stingray, if normal could ever be used when describing this Mech, it shares the same design and features as the Phantom Brass model, making the Nemi not so desirable of a mechanical. A definite winner and Top Gun in the 18650 Mechanical category. If one could only have one 18000 mech mod, this would be my choice.

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
It's that nagging condition suffered by those who buy six fake thngs instead of one real thing.

roflmfao, completely understand. Real smiles are always much better than fake smiles. Have always been happy and more than pleased with all my Authentic Vape gear purchases, with fakes, not so much, more of a craps shoot with fakes and usually it's a point set and 7 out 7 kind of roll of the dice at that. lol

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I have tried one clone (Nemisis) and it looked great, but that's where the pleasures ended. Had to be replaced twice before I got one that threaded and worked in 18650, and then the switch crapped out really quick. Thankfully I can afford to buy a decent mod and have a brass Stingray on the way. It ticks all boxes on my list of wants.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
... and Dice, that Copper Black looks great! Finish is better than the stock photos let on.

Thanks B.Squirrel, it's even better looking in my hand with the switch engaged. lol. Tis a real looker for sure. I'm sure you'll love your Phantom version just as well, tis a great mech mod.

Is that a serval?

Close so very close. Spot is a F3 Savannah, which puts her at around 20% Serval blood. And she cost more than I have invested in vape gear so far, lmao. She is quite the sweetheart and a good cuddler. But has been know to tear into strangers and make Black Labs tremble in fear.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Well decided to see if the Aqua would work in the hybrid mode, to my surprise the Aqua hybrid threads perfectly with the Stingray, looks better with the Stainless top cap, but does shorten the setup by 3/8", and betting it would look pretty good on the Phantom brass model. Shouldn't of been so surprised, since it's from the same country as the Origin, but there you go, Stingray Aqua Hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread