Stonewall Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I mentioned I was going to give a review of Stonewall dissolvables so I'll give it a go

They come in an interesting package. An individual box comes with 20 Stonewalls and there are five of these boxes inside a larger box. 100 in all. You can also buy them just as a count of 20 if you just want to try it out. Each Stonewall is individually packaged in blister type wrapping. Fortunately they are easy to get out as the backing peals off easy enough. Good for fumble fingers like me. There is no expiration date but I would guess they have a long shelf live. I now carry some in my knapsack that I always take to work (my work keys are in it) in case I forget the snus. Hasn't happened yet but I'm a good boy scout so I'm always prepared.

As of now I have just had the Java and I like it. They are definitely on the sweet side. Quite a change from the usual salty snus. It's become a nice desert nicotine hit. A pleasant change to break up the routine. I likely couldn't do them all day as the sweetness would get to be a bit much, but taken for what they are it's quickly become part of my regular routine. They are also very discreet. Even more so then snus so that can have a real advantage if at times you need something like that.

Another interesting thing for me is I place them under my lower lip as opposed to always placing snus in the upper. I don't really know why I do that but it just feels right. It's also how Star Scientific says it should be used so who am I to argue. It's also something that adds to the change up from snus. I don't mess with it a lot. Just park it and let it sit. They last a long time. Close to 2 hours. The nicotine hit is okay. If you're living on ES snus it's going to be on the weak side, but if you do well with standard 8mg snus there shouldn't be any complaints.

Haven't tried the other two flavors, Wintergreen and original but I have some on order so will add to this when I try them.

For a long time the only source of nicotine I've been using is snus. I quit nasal snuff last spring as my sinuses just couldn't take it. I have long since gave up on vaping as it just wasn't my thing. It's really nice to have another alternative to fall back on to keep things from getting to monotonous.

I'm giving them a two thumps up.

Last edited:

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
They sound good to me. How do you keep from chewing it up? I know they're s'posed to dissolve, but don't you have an urge to give it a chomp? I got some Oliver Twists from W, which is meant to be chewed on "occasionally", but I can't resist the temptation to keep chewing. One will last me a few minutes and then it's gone. Lord, I'm weak. I don't do well with gum, either :(.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
The Java has a lot of flavor, and I do mean a lot. When I'm way down to the last of it and I have just a wee little piece left I give it a chomp.... and it's a hugh flavor hit. To much if your not ready for it. If you chomped on a new one I would guess that would be the first and last time you would do that. You would likely be overwhelmed by the flavor hit.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    TV, Stubby's right. They do have a lot of flavor. Also, they are hard kinda like a vitamin or something. It took me a while to get used to them when I'm used to having a soft snus portion in. I was also thinking that if you chewed it right away that it might dump the nic too quick.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I haven't tried the arivas but have tried the java, wintergreen, and natural stonewalls. The java is my favorite and is kind of a coffee flavor. Next would be the wintergreen. I'm not a big wintergreen fan but these are ok. I like them at first but after having one in my mouth for a while then the flavor seem to get a little funky to me. The naturals would personally be my last choice. To me they taste like pipe tobacco smells. Someone who loves tobacco tastes like that might really enjoy them though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread