Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Hi and welcome!

I’ve been DIYing about 4.5 years. I’ve never had juice take on a bottle flavor, but the reverse happens often, with plastic bottles. Haven’t seen any flavors described as organic, but haven’t sought them out, either.

We have a forum dedicated to diy and lots of enthusiasts to assist in your pursuit.

Read up before you start, find out what tools and ingredients you’ll need.

Start small and easy. I make 10 ml tests still of every flavor (almost) before I put it in a recipe. Buy sample size flavors to start. Download a juice calculator. Get a RDA to test. Shake and sample - I do right after mixing, and test every few days to see how they’re coming along. Never goof with them till they’ve had at least two weeks of steeping.

It’s really like playing the drums; anyone can do it, but it takes practice to get better at it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi Guys
Quick hello from a newbie.
I’m considering making my own vape juice, can you buy organically produced ingrediants’?
How long can you store vape juice?
Will vape juice take on the flavour of the container it’s stored in?
Ohh and any tips on how to make it!
Welcome and glad you joined.
A word about DIY, for the first six months of vaping, most folks are getting their vaping legs (finding the best set up for them and getting to know the type of flavors they enjoy most). Might want to wait the 6 months or so before mixing and only then, until you feel you are ready. If your vape equipment is fairly stable and you have known/predictable responses to several e-liquids flavors with this equipment, your chances of DIY mixing success will be greater. DIY tends to work best and reward those who wait patiently and read everything before they attempt full DIY.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
DIY can be complicated but certainly it's a worthy goal, and there's no harm getting started early on, etc.

Keep in mind, your store bought eliquids are 100% not organic. There are a few (very few) manufacturer's that are using primarily natural organic ingredients, IMHO they may not be any better for you or any tastier or anything else, and far more expensive.

People have this idea that "natural" flavors are somehow better than "artificial" ones. They are pretty much equivalent, as flavoring takes place in a lab where flavor COMPONENTS are so heavily doctored, changed, and etc., it really doesn't matter if you start out with orange rind, or chemical number 6748i5993487, the end result is the same, only for some reason people who do not understand what flavor labs DO and how they function, that the orange rind that has been subject to 678 chemical processes is NO better for you, and possibly worse, than an artificial flavor.

This particular subject has been widely hushed up (although I first read about it in that McDonald's muckraking/journalism book it's a GREAT book BTW) so that "natural flavors" are somehow 'worth more" because they are healthier. They are in ZERO way healthier.

IMHO most folks go to DIY for the taste, the savings, and the ability to customize their flavors, rather than to go "au natural-e." In my opinion using commonly known artificial flavorings designed for vaping is going to be FAR safer 9 times out of 10, at least they have a track record of not causing people to keel over.

You will be able to locate a few, very few "organic flavor" companies, the offerings will be limited, you will pay more, and I'm afraid "organic" doesn't mean much these days. My brother worked for Whole Foods for a while as a vegetable stock person. There is NO legit process as far as certifying something "organic" or not. Many times, you just end up with wizened apples culled from the herd of "non organic" produce that certain folks will pay more for, because it looks like a "real" apple although it is entirely coated in pesticides. I am not saying that is true in 100% of cases, but it is certainly true of many.

In any case, I wish you luck in your endeavor, and if you do go the "organic" flavors route, I would make sure that company had proof of "organic-ness" although they can always LIE, there is not a problem with that, etc, and maybe try the odd artificial flavor here and there and see if you note ANY differences other than it just might have more "flavor range" or even taste better or whatnot.

Okay so that's my 12 dollars on the subject. Hope any of it was useful.

Anna

Reactions: Joshua F.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread