Strange 18650 battery questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicksCloud

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
USA
Hey everyone. I frequent a group on Facebook and someone posted a question about an 18650 battery that looks suspect to say the least. I'm hoping someone here has either seen one or can furnish more information about it? The individual who received it said it came with a mod but he cannot recall which one and is afraid to use it, understandably so.

It's red and says SmokeJoy on one side and says Produced by TrustFire; Authorized by Wanna Technology on the backside. It also says 4.2v and 2.75v As you can see below this is likely a Chinese manufactured battery but unless someone can get a multimeter and proper testing equipment to this thing I don't know what to say to the OP.

smokjoy1.jpg smokjoy2.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Never seen or heard of a Smokjoy battery brand. I did a Google search and mostly came up with only some eGo type batteries. My guess is this is a re-wrapped Trustfire battery, and as most of us veterans know you "never trust a battery with "fire" in its name". Trustfire, Surefire, and Ultrafire batteries are cheap batteries of questionable quality and should not be used in mods.

Personally I would not use that battery in anything other than a flashlight and probably not even for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread