A battery question I think I know the answer to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Hypothetical situation:

You have a single 18650 device that drains very quickly with your 2100mAh battery. You want to get some LG HG2s (3000mAh) for a little extra life, but your two 2100mAhs are not that old and therefore shouldn't be tossed.

The 2100mAhs are, of course, married to the device.

So, are those 2100mAh batteries forever tied to the device? I'm pretty sure yes, but I guess I'm not positive if this is more of an issue with pairs and triplets of batteries versus singles. It would be *nice* to be able to use them with another (single) battery device, but nice is not worth the 12-16 bucks for two new ones.

Related question: I've been vaping since 2009. I remember when I first got my Provari (I want to say mid-2010? maybe a little later) and then a REO a few months after, marrying batteries was not a thing. Or if it was, people didn't talk about it often. There weren't many, if any, dual 18650 devices at the time but I freely switched the same 18650s between my Provari and REO tons of times. Do we simply know more now about battery safety and how it pertains to ecig usage, or has something else fundamental changed since then, besides sub-ohming? Unless of course sub-ohming is a lot of the reason, then not "besides."

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    You can use any set of married batteries in any device.

You can split up any set of married batteries and use them in any single-battery device.

If you only had a single-battery device but rotated between using multiple batteries in that device then those batteries can be used in any other single-battery device. You can split up the set and use them separately in two devices too.

You shouldn't remarry multiple-battery sets after splitting them up and using them in single-battery devices though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread