The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Strong peppery taste

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by atsirk, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. atsirk

atsirk Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Lake Oswego, Oregon
    I purchased a bottle of a "hopscotch-ish" flavor from a well known and much loved by ECFers vendor. Let it steep a couple weeks and it is overwhelmingly peppery, can't vape it. I vape at 12mg nic. Tried it in a carto, an eGo tank, dripped on a 510 atty - no good. Do I need to dump this bottle, is it bad, or is it just the flavor and my tastebuds don't get along? Or is it supposed to taste peppery? Help?

2. Turco Chips

Turco Chips Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2009
    Rowlett, TX (DFW area)
    ...you can post the vendor. I've been vaping for quite a while and it is my experience that you don't really have to let juices sit before using them. As a matter of fact it really wasn't talked about a whole lot until BWB came around. ....anywhoodle...

TC

3. OMG!

OMG! Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2011
    I wanna know what it is.... I LOVE pepper.

4. RY4Junkee

RY4Junkee Moved On

Nov 23, 2010
    Wyoming
    I had a 10ml bottle of Hopscotch with the same peppery flavor you're speaking of. It took it a little over a month before it got good enough to vape it. And let me tell ya...it's was GOOD!!

I was using a Yeti LR 510 carto and I flew through that juice so fast, it wasn't funny. I'm ordering a 30ml of it later this week. And I'm vaping it at 12mgs, too.

5. Griffin

Griffin Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY USA
    Interesting - just before I saw this thread I put on a carto filled with VaporBomb's white chocolate and the first taste I got was pepper. I thought I was losing my mind...

6. dripdaddy

dripdaddy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2011
    Lone Star State
    I knew who the vendor was just from the thread title. I like their juices. The peppery note adds to the TH to me. Wyatt Earp really drives people nuts.

7. Vampyre

Vampyre Full Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2009
    Sandy springs, ga
    If you like that peppery taste try Peppered Jerky from FSUSA. I vape that as a change of pace from the fruits/sweets etc.

8. dripdaddy

dripdaddy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2011
    Lone Star State
    Hopscotch from FSUSA.

9. alldayvape

alldayvape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2011
    Maryland
    I've ordered the Ry4 from Gourmet Vapor 30ml/double flavor and all I can taste is this peppery taste. Now, I have another smaller bottle of Ry4 from GV and that juice has not such taste. I'm letting it steep every day for 3-4 hours with the cap off, and shake it, I really hope that peppery taste goes away. I'm also thinking emailing GV to find out what they have to say about that. I have a bottle of Casablanca from BWB dated January, 10, 2011 and it has the same peppery taste. I don't like it a bit....

10. David Bruno

David Bruno Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It always comes back to that subjective thing again. Yes, taste is very subjective. I've bought quite a few different juices from FSUSA and I don't get any pepper. Wyatt Earp I do get a liqorice/ anise type flavor with the tobacco. Ry4, my favorite, I get caramel/ tobacco/ touch of vanilla/ever so slight. Many say pepper. They use a particular flavoring that some may not like. This can cause people to taste different flavors. I've had juices from almost all the vendors and like RY4 and now RY5 the best. It DOES need to steep to get the maximum flavor mix. Fresh juice is just that. Flavors added into a bottle and shipped. Some flavors need time to blend. I am a firm believer in this. The Ry4 from Fsusa is good to me right from the mailbox, but does taste much better as it steeps. Thats why sellers tell you to do this. Some vendors buy juice from a factory in a bottle that has sat for some time. The better vendors that mix fresh always say to let it breath. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
    Dave

11. daisyd

daisyd Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2010
    Az
    All I could taste in Wyatt Earp and RY4 was pepper. I gave the RY4 to my neighbor and he couldn't taste the pepper in it. The Wyatt Earp no longer smells of pepper, but I'm too scared to test it. It took me a whole day to get the pepper out of my nose the first time. lol

12. alldayvape

Feb 11, 2011
    Maryland
    idk, nothing subjective here.. I have two Ry4's from GV; one tastes great (no weird peppery taste/smell), the other new bottle tastes nothing like the first bottle I have. I emailed GV and am still waiting on a response.

13. Raynen

Raynen Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2010
    CT
    I haven't read through the whole thread, but this happened to me with Birthday Cake by Vaporbomb. Love their juices, hated this flavor. No matter how long it steeped, it just had this horrible peppery taste. :(

14. KYFlyer67

KYFlyer67 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2010
    Ky
    Atsirk - Is your hopscotch-ish juice VG-based? I'm a Johnson Creek fan and I love their PG juices, especially Original and Tenn Cured. However, I've tried their VG juices and noticed some of them have a peppery taste. VG is known for having less TH. My guess is that they're adding the peppery flavor to VG juices to enhance TH. I like some TH, but I don't like it peppery.

15. alldayvape

Feb 11, 2011
    Maryland
    still waiting on a response from GV ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.