smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I think a doctor would laugh at me here for asking to see a doctor because I can’t taste flavoured vapor well. I can taste food very well. I dunno what do u think?
    I apologize. I guess I was thinking out loud. Maybe you might of had other issues that could be related. I saw your poll and understand this is a frustrating matter for you. I agree with Brett on Banana Ripe. At higher percentages, it'll taste like Runts candy. I also like Cinnamon Danish Swirl.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Peach is a very strong fruit flavor. Do you know if you like "candy" or "realistic" fruit flavors? What about "sour" fruit flavors (like "jolly ranchers"? Maybe a good tart raspberry? You can also try mixing some lemon with other fruits. Also, I agree about just using higher % of flavor just tastes chemical (sort of backfires) Please give us more details... VG/PG ratios, how many watts (for each "atty" you use), what brands of flavors (there can be a big difference in strength), coils/wicking for RBAs?
    Sip water while you vape and when you brush your teeth, brush your tongue too (VG tends to coat your tongue) I don't have very good taste sense (it kinda comes and goes) but I recently had this nasty cold and totally lost my sense of smell and taste for 2 weeks (I know... you said this is ongoing) It really sucked because I had just got some new flavors to mix and would have been useless to try them. Some people say sip lemon juice helps... haven't tried that. I'm just throwing a bunch of stuff out there. For most people this is a temporary issue... hard to say when it's ongoing. I drank red wine one evening and it wiped out my taste (temporarily) Are you on any meds (don't really know if that is a side effect of some)? Forgive my rambling.

tara81

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    There are those of us who are referred to as "Vaping Butterfly", as we tend to keep several different mods with different flavors going at all times. For me personally, I lose my taste for any single flavor in a few hours, so I tend to keep one (or more) tobacco flavors and one (or more) sweet/ bakery flavors going simultaneously, and switch between them constantly. But I don't know if I've ever heard of losing flavor in just a few puffs before.
    TFA Ripe Banana, CAP Blueberry Jam, CAP Sugar Cookie and TFA Dulce de Leche are among the strongest single flavors I've come across. I would include CAP Cinnamon Danish Swirl, but you've already said you do not like cinnamon vapes.
    Tobacco wise, there is a super sweet Sutliff Molto Dulce, and just about any strong English Blend containing Latakia. But the question would be would you actually like either of those.
    Good Luck. Try using several different mods with different flavors, and see if that helps.

I have 4 mods, tarot nano, vaporesso revenger mini, vaporesso revenger and arrow sense.
    I still try to alternate between flavours , but I just get bored of vaping pretty quickly since the flavour goes away quickly. I have sugar cookie and I have tried it once but didn’t taste much. However it was at a really low percent, about 1%, I was trying a popular sugar cookie recipe . I will try this flavour again higher, ty. I also recently ordered blueberry jam so I am glad to hear this. I got to order that banana by tfa. I use two mesh pro tanks to alternate. I used to try alternating between 3 or 4 but I found the horizon falcon didn’t have as much flavour. Nor did the wotofo profile mesh rda. I don’t think I’ll be interested in tobacco flavours, I quit smoking 10 years ago. But thank u for giving me some ideas!

tara81

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    How is your sense of smell? And have you ruled out your hardware? I have discovered that certain cotton masks certain flavours for me.

As for DIY, have you tried adjusting your VG/PG ratio? I also find the higher the VG content the less flavour I get. Try taking a single flavour and making a few samples at different ratios.

I also have trouble with a lot of creams a custards. Many cannot be tasted on their own and some actually taste like pepper.

I think you are challenged at not finding the strongest flavour, but finding one you prefer and can actually taste.

Do you mix via volume or weight?

My sense of smell is probably below average , I only say this because sometimes people ask me if I smell something and I say no. For example my bf will smell his weed and be like smell this! I don’t smoke weed but I humor him and I don’t smell it til my nose is very close to it, whereas his nose can be further away to smell it. I can taste food just fine. I can smell the usual things, like smoke from burning toast, cooking a meal, someone’s strong perfume in the hallway . I can smell McDonald’s food when I walk by. So I am really not that sure. I think maybe from smoking 13 years it dulled my sense of smell a little. I did quit 10 years ago so it isn’t an issue with smoking now.

For the first year Few years I vaped , I tried mtl vaping , I tried rebuildable tanks like doggystyle , berserker mini, prime , ares, and the newer invoking zennith. I tried building coils from 0.5 to 1.2. I always used kanthal because I’m allergic to nickel. Once I found out about the mesh pro and horizon falcon I gave up on mtl because the taste was better with dtl.
    When I used to mtl I’ve tried full pg , 50/50 , and when I switched to dtl I just use 70/30 since I read going higher in pg content will burn the coil or create wicking problems.
    I used to use watts at 8-15 mtl and dtl I go from 60-80.

I can only taste vanilla custard by cap at 5% with a long steep and i can’t really describe the taste other then it’s more like a mouthfeel of eating plain jello. So I understand with raspberry it tasted interesting. I can taste the meringue and pie in lemon pie recipe but it’s very weak , on its own it’s not enjoyable. I tried apple pie but couldn’t taste the apple. But I can taste lemon.

I would love to taste strawberry, peach, pineapple, mango, orange, apple, chocolate, banana , cherry, and bakeries better . The hardest out of all these flavours is strawberry and cherry. Strawberry is gone after a puff or two and cherry always tastes super watered down. Chocolate just tastes like something sweet without chocolate. Thank u for time and trying to help!

Last edited:

tara81

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    Peach is a very strong fruit flavor. Do you know if you like "candy" or "realistic" fruit flavors? What about "sour" fruit flavors (like "jolly ranchers"? Maybe a good tart raspberry? You can also try mixing some lemon with other fruits. Also, I agree about just using higher % of flavor just tastes chemical (sort of backfires) Please give us more details... VG/PG ratios, how many watts (for each "atty" you use), what brands of flavors (there can be a big difference in strength), coils/wicking for RBAs?
    Sip water while you vape and when you brush your teeth, brush your tongue too (VG tends to coat your tongue) I don't have very good taste sense (it kinda comes and goes) but I recently had this nasty cold and totally lost my sense of smell and taste for 2 weeks (I know... you said this is ongoing) It really sucked because I had just got some new flavors to mix and would have been useless to try them. Some people say sip lemon juice helps... haven't tried that. I'm just throwing a bunch of stuff out there. For most people this is a temporary issue... hard to say when it's ongoing. I drank red wine one evening and it wiped out my taste (temporarily) Are you on any meds (don't really know if that is a side effect of some)? Forgive my rambling.
    I like candy and realistic. Juicy peach is the only peach I’ve tried and I tried it at 2-7% and it tastes watered down. Know any better peaches? I also tried mixing it with mango (flv) and sweet guava with no better results. The only raspberry I can taste is inw malina raspberry but it needs a steep to not taste like chemicals. I can’t taste shisha raspberry. I’ve tried three cherry flavours and they all taste super watered down. I tried watermelon flavours (watermelon candy, watermelon flv) and I can only taste wild melon flv but its kind of dull and missing brightness like it’s the worst part of the melon taste. I’ve tried ejuice flavours from virgin vapor viper vapor, Canada ejuice, some American company called ejuice , halo . I posted above my pg bg ratios , Watts, atomizer details. Yes I am on 5 mg blood pressure meds lisinopriol and Sssri Effexor. Thank you for your time and trying to help I appreciate it.

tara81

ECF Veteran
    Mar 13, 2014
    canada
    Thanks I will try it :) come to think of it , I looked up side effects of Effexor and it says dry mouth, which I get a lot. It’s like no matter how many glasses of water I drink, I still feel dry. Maybe this effects how I taste vapor. I honestly don’t think about it much, being on Effexor for 6 years the dry feeling is normal to me now.

Also when I drink juice then puff on ejuice I taste it much better. How weird is that.

Last edited:

RuiG

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    Not much more help I can give. This amazing people in ECF just have so much knowledge to share :thumb:

Knowing myself, and in the same situation as you, I would go to a vape shop and give a good testing at the sample liquids. Finding some with flavours that last more than a coupe of puffs should be the goal. Once you find those, see what flavour profiles they have and you can taste for longer and perhaps get those to experiment with diy.

This was the smartest thing I could remember to write and try to help... long work day...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread