Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan1130

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Boston
Hey guys

I've had my V1 Penny for about a year and I have struggled with it leaking from the 510 off and on since day 1. All parts appear to be in pristine condition. I've replaced the O rings in fear that was my issue but it does not appear to be the case. I've tried various degrees of tightening the coil housing but eventually it will start to get real gurgly and leak out of the 510. Sometimes it will leak from the get go...Other times it will take days for the leaking to begin. I typically keep the juice control closed. Opening it only when I feel the coil needs it. Then closing it again. Could this be the issue? Any recommendations? should I be really tightening it down? finger tight? Do you use vaseline on the o ring? Any pointers appreciated.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Can you try something. Fill it up, turn it upside down, wait a while, blow in the 510 making sure there is no liquid in the mouthpiece, open a half a turn on the mouthpiece (all while upside down) now turn it right side up and vape. Don't close it again to full closed. Let me know how this works for you. I'm suspecting the constant close and open is screwing up the pressure more than needed.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

thormak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
I notice if you have too much wick on the centre part will causes leaking from the 510 as well.
Why? Because the wick is collecting so much of liquid and once it touches any side of the wall of ceramic, it flows even faster. Don't really know how to explain it in physics but thats just about it.

Do not place too much of wicks in the middle part where nozzles are pointing, it will overflow the juice and leak when you are not vaping and gurgles when you inhale.

patsfan1130

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Boston
Thanks Imeo :)

Well, I did what you suggested Aal and took your suggestion Imeo and so far she is vaping like the princess she is! It's only been 4 or 5 hours but I am not getting any of the dreaded gurgle I would always get. Which is a very good sign! I also noticed that my ceramic was chipped at the top where it sits flush up against the inside of the housing...so I replaced it. I don't think that was the issue as I've had this problem for some time now. But maybe it contributed??

Anyway..As always..You guys are the best! Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread