Ody leaking like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
I too have problems with Ody leaking and this thread has been very helpful. Took my ceramic out of the housing and noticed I'm missing the O-ring on the pin that goes between the nut and ceramic (on Wiki for Ody short mode it's part #14, a 1.78 x 1.78 O-ring). I bought this Ody new from COV and I suspect it came to me with that O-ring missing. No big deal, I just hope this solves the leaking problem.

Edit: After looking closer I see the O-ring actually goes on the pin under the ceramic housing.

Last edited:

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Hi TheSneakerHoarder,

Check these threads:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...y-flooding-ive-got-doing-something-wrong.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ve-got-doing-something-wrong.html#post8319830

Some leaking could happen if there is a gap between the ceramic and the wick:

2gt287d.jpg

Also, ensure the wire's join is not causing a gap, if there is a gap, liquid will flow through this gap into the ceramic cup.

Picture is from MrKrinkle's thread, I used it just for illustration purposes, although I use MrKrinkle's method in my Odysseus V1 (just wick at the top of the ceramic):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/261773-ody-using-nextel-xc-116-without-moding-ceramic.html

fixlyob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Mexico
smitty727 said:
Hi fixlyob,
I apologize for asking but would you please expand your post on the GG forum to explain exactly how you setup the Ody inside of UFS. For instance do you just use the ody rebuildable part in the 510 base without using the mouthpiece cone or do you put the complete drip mode Ody inside of UFS? I tried using this setup just using the rebuildable part and Ody base and ended up having a bad leak. Any assistance you provide will be appreciated. I'm sure there are other forum members who would appreciate this also. Thank you so much!!!

smitty727

Hi, Smitty anwering your PM, I can tell that when I start to build my UFS, using the Ody drip base, the rebuildable part and the mouthpiece from my Ody V2, I realized that I can't close the UFS because the refilling cap from the UFS was touching the mouthpiece even with the UFS liquid control close and that thing don't let fix all the parts, so I use three thicker orings between the all the pieces (UFS base, the upper body, the glass window and the refilling cap) then these orings give me the sufficient space to use the Ody drip so that is the way I use my UFS, as Imeo said I use the upper body connected to the UFS base in a wrong way but is what I liked because I like to see how open is the mouthpiece, when I'm using the juice control of the Ody not the one from the UFS and I like to see the level of the juice, so I don't know if this answer your question, if not let me know and I will try extend more my message.

In the next post you could see what I'm talking:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...dy-v2-odysseus-inside-ufs-v2.html#post8740292

Cheers

Imeo, sorry if this post is in the wrong thread, if you want to change it for me it's ok.

Last edited:

smitty727

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2010
Monroe NC
Thank you so much fixlyob. I am amazed with the versatility of GG's in general. They can be used in so many different ways. I've been using GG's for several years now but I'm still learning new things. Biggest problem I've had with the tanks such as UFS, Iatty and Ody is leaking. And I suspect the problem is there's something I'm not doing right since other people don't have this problem. So for the last year or so I've only used drip mode Ody since there is very little leaking with it - maybe only a little juice going down thru the center pin. But now I've got interested in the tanks again and I'm having the same leakage problems everytime I try to use Ody or UFS. Maybe I should just stick to dripping hahaha. I'm anxiously waiting on Achilles. BTW, that's very smart the way you solved the problem of UFS top cap not closing by adding O-rings to give more space. The way I solved it was by removing the Upper Connection Nut once I had built the coil and and screwed the rebuilbable part into the Ody base. Then the mouthpiece could be screwed all the way down to the Ody base. Again, thanks so much for explaining the way you setup.
Hi, Smitty anwering your PM, I can tell that when I start to build my UFS, using the Ody drip base, the rebuildable part and the mouthpiece from my Ody V2, I realized that I can't close the UFS because the refilling cap from the UFS was touching the mouthpiece even with the UFS liquid control close and that thing don't let fix all the parts, so I use three thicker orings between the all the pieces (UFS base, the upper body, the glass window and the refilling cap) then these orings give me the sufficient space to use the Ody drip so that is the way I use my UFS, as Imeo said I use the upper body connected to the UFS base in a wrong way but is what I liked because I like to see how open is the mouthpiece, when I'm using the juice control of the Ody not the one from the UFS and I like to see the level of the juice, so I don't know if this answer your question, if not let me know and I will try extend more my message.

In the next post you could see what I'm talking:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...dy-v2-odysseus-inside-ufs-v2.html#post8740292

Cheers

Imeo, sorry if this post is in the wrong thread, if you want to change it for me it's ok.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
The only problem with sending it in is this is my only really functioning RBA right now. The Cobra has quite a few quirks trying to get it to hit and taste like my Ody set up. Tackling the Cobra first--I remember why I didn't like gennies when I first started messing with them.

So far, the leaking is minimized with longer wick ends and the re-build. Still had the juice collector puddle up, but not nearly as bad. I tuck the - wire under the ring IN the threads...I highly doubt it is leaking there. I use 3.5mm wick in the cup/upper channels so no leaks there.

Even with the leaking, the Ody is by far my favorite RBA to date. Maybe I'll try my Ody set up on the Cobra and see if I can replicate the awesomeness that is the Ody.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
For those of you using O-Rings instead of the metal collar, what size O-Ring do you use and where might I find one? I haven't checked to see if I have one that fits from my ODy or GGTS O-Rings yet.. but I want to make sure I use the right one.
I don't really have leaking problems with the collar but better safe than sorry!

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
On a 510 base, since we don't tighten the rebuildable part down as tight as a gg base, would using an prong rather than the collar leave room for unscrewing the rebuildable? Granted I believe that unless you tighten the MP down a lot it prob would be a pot point but I find the collar helps secure it all together.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
you said that you put negative wire under the big ring sneaker?
The only problem with sending it in is this is my only really functioning RBA right now. The Cobra has quite a few quirks trying to get it to hit and taste like my Ody set up. Tackling the Cobra first--I remember why I didn't like gennies when I first started messing with them.

So far, the leaking is minimized with longer wick ends and the re-build. Still had the juice collector puddle up, but not nearly as bad. I tuck the - wire under the ring IN the threads...I highly doubt it is leaking there. I use 3.5mm wick in the cup/upper channels so no leaks there.

Even with the leaking, the Ody is by far my favorite RBA to date. Maybe I'll try my Ody set up on the Cobra and see if I can replicate the awesomeness that is the Ody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread