Stumped on a new Ecig Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
My mother in law just came home with a new Ecig. She is fairly old, yet insists, no matter how how many people tell her, that Cigarette sized ecigs are NOT economical in the long run. Don't even try to make suggestions, she's really stubborn.

Anyways, she's been off of Cigarettes for a while, and has been using an EGO/Stardust combination for almost 2 years. She said her battery wasn't holding a charge, and decided to pickup a new ecig. She bought something called a Mistic brand ecig...but it has a tank on the end of it. The whole unit is about the size of a normal cigalike. However, the end is a mini tank system. I tried it, and little vapor comes out of it.. which she says is fine. I will say, the products looks nice.

It seems it has a very small battery in it with a smaller than a mini protank II style general configuration for the atomizer. I doubt the thing holds a mil, and I doubt the battery is over 100MaH. The unit screws off the battery, and then the coil and wick unscrews out of the tank. It reveals a setup similar to a mini protank, where the chimney goes into the coil. The coil is TINY. I tried peeking down to see if I can see the coils, but I couldn't. I can't find any sort of specs about the product, type of connector (It's smaller than a 510), battery size/capacity, or even where to buy replacement coils. On the box, there is a website... MysticVapors.com is up for sale!!, but even that site is vague on anything about it and only sells the starter kits. Is there any information about the device anyone knows about? Its a cigalike size with a tank. Can replacement coils be bought? any gotcha's (besides incredibly low amount of vapor) A link to the exact item she bought is HERE. I feel she's just wasted money, but if I tell her that, she just gets all huffy.

Thank you in advance.

My mother in law just came home with a new Ecig. She is fairly old, yet insists, no matter how how many people tell her, that Cigarette sized ecigs are NOT economical in the long run. Don't even try to make suggestions, she's really stubborn.

Anyways, she's been off of Cigarettes for a while, and has been using an EGO/Stardust combination for almost 2 years. She said her battery wasn't holding a charge, and decided to pickup a new ecig. She bought something called a Mistic brand ecig...but it has a tank on the end of it. The whole unit is about the size of a normal cigalike. However, the end is a mini tank system. I tried it, and little vapor comes out of it.. which she says is fine. I will say, the products looks nice.

It seems it has a very small battery in it with a smaller than a mini protank II style general configuration for the atomizer. I doubt the thing holds a mil, and I doubt the battery is over 100MaH. The unit screws off the battery, and then the coil and wick unscrews out of the tank. It reveals a setup similar to a mini protank, where the chimney goes into the coil. The coil is TINY. I tried peeking down to see if I can see the coils, but I couldn't. I can't find any sort of specs about the product, type of connector (It's smaller than a 510), battery size/capacity, or even where to buy replacement coils. On the box, there is a website... MysticVapors.com is up for sale!!, but even that site is vague on anything about it and only sells the starter kits. Is there any information about the device anyone knows about? Its a cigalike size with a tank. Can replacement coils be bought? any gotcha's (besides incredibly low amount of vapor) A link to the exact item she bought is HERE. I feel she's just wasted money, but if I tell her that, she just gets all huffy.

Thank you in advance.

Here is the link for Mistic,

E Cigs by Mistic: the Best Taste & Value in Electronic Cigarettes

This is mainly like a Walmart brand of ecig I am not sure where they are produced they say they have US liquid in them but still not sure on that. I know on the Haus ones that you have to buy a new tank for $7.99 and that you cannot just replace the coils.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Here is the link for Mistic,

E Cigs by Mistic: the Best Taste & Value in Electronic Cigarettes

This is mainly like a Walmart brand of ecig I am not sure where they are produced they say they have US liquid in them but still not sure on that. I know on the Haus ones that you have to buy a new tank for $7.99 and that you cannot just replace the coils.

...that's the problem I've been running into. Everything I see is about their cigalikes, with a traditional cartrige setup, not this tank. Even this website doesn't advertise their little micro tank setup.. they maily market the traditional cigalikes, and their ego style line. So far, I have seen no videos, reviews, specs, etc on what she bought.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
You have to look at the "Bridge" system on their website. It looks like they also sell the mini tanks that can be used with the blu and Mark Ten batteries.

Now, that goes back to my original question... I know they sell it. What capacity is the battery, the tank, any reviews? What kind of connector does the starter kit come with? Is it cotton, or Silica, ANY information besides "we sell it"?

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
It is a 510 connection if it works with BLU. Silica or polyfill. How much does she use per day? If she is satisfied with the setup and only goes through a tank every few days or even a day, it may be the best set up for her...

I had my sigeli in my hand when I was looking at it. I took off my RBA, and the connector on this thing was smaller than a 510. I looked at it in the mindset of rebuilding it like I did my protank II, CE4/CE5 atomizers... it is a whole different ballgame. I even took my first cigalike down to see if she could use the battery, which was a Metro Ecig that I had no idea what the connector was.. it was smaller than that.

in either case, I had no idea. I Did take only one draw from it, and I barely saw ANY vapor. Since it's a new product, it oculd've been low battery, dry wick, or any number of factors. Even though I am used to my RBAs, this produced so little vapor on my draw, that I thought it was turned off until I had an aftertaste sort of taste.. but... I haven't spent time with it.

I did fil it for her though. It fills exactly like a CE4, and the brief look at the coil, it looked like it had a pseudo Protank style to it. She bought some Haus juice with it, and the Haus bottle was a pretty hard clear plastic type, I had to strain just to fill it. It was also an automatic draw.

She's the type of person that thinks if it's her idea, then that's the one that's best for her. She doesn't take to suggestions very well. If it works for her though, then more power to her. I just don't see, from my brief experience, as something I'd recommend. I'm not writing it off totally though since I love the idea, and need to experiment with it before I can make any true judgement on it. I've also, never seen a video of someone taking a draw from it. Even the video posted earlier advertises it, but doesn't show it in action.

Hannypoo

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2015
Idaho
It looks very similar to what I've got: an iKiss from eLeaf. I absolutely adore it. It's light and about the size of a cigarette, but it produces quite a lot of vapor for its size. It also comes with a pass-thru charger, which is really nice. Ou2mame, you should have your sis take a look. It also has replaceable coils. image.jpg Chuff, maybe your mom-in-law would like to switch to something like this? Seems like it would be easier to find replacement parts.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
OP, I've seen these for sale at both the local Walgreen's and at Wal-mart at the tobacco counter.

In both cases they are out of reach and you can't really tell much about them except that the packaging looks nice.

My mother would probably like them. She dislikes any e-cig that has a button and if she uses one at all insists on a Volt type cigalike just because they are automatic, ProVari mini be damned.

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
Their site has some issues, then, because BLU is 510, unless they are referring to the European eGo style BLU...

This bridge tank system is made to fit the Mistic auto batteries which appear to be the typical 808 type cigalike.

They also offer a "starter kit" version that costs more, but comes with an adapter so it will fit Blu and others that use the 510 standard thread.

I just picked one up at my local Walgreens for my mom to try with her automatic Volt batteries.

They are $7.99 here, but they have $2.00 off coupons on them, so I didn't feel too bad about getting one for her to try out.

She really likes the CE3 clearos, but the last time I ordered those from Smokeless Image they took 2 weeks to get here and the site said they were being discontinued. Plus they require a syringe to fill, so I have to fill them for her and sometimes they leak out all over everything, so I'm really hoping she will like this tank.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Your Grandma is correct and maybe you should take her advise on what to buy her.... Just saying.

I would go with a EGO or Vision style battery and a Mini Kanger Protank or Aspire Nautilus. Definetely a Clearomizer style atty. If the stick/pen style battery doesn't float the boat try a SMALL less than 30watt box mod, Like an Istick or MVP. Regardless the battery should be 1000mah or more.

lefty23

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I feel like since at the end of the day we're all just people, every vaper is different. At the risk of sounding cliche vaping is kind of like a journey, everyone takes different routes and ultimately can arrive at a different distination that is comfortable for them, the trick is eventually getting there. I myself have had nothing but frustration with cigalikes, the only positive being that they were the first step in that journey. I started on a cheap one, quickly got frustrated with that, switched to a nice BLU kit, almost as quickly lost my patience with that, and finally found this site where several of you wonderful people brought me into the world of ego style batteries and refillable clearos. Like many of us, my journey still hasn't finished and probably never will, since I seem to turn everything into a hobby, but for some they only need a few steps to arrive somewhere comfortable. I finally got my fiance to give vaping a try, but she refused to try anything that wasn't automatic and had to be the same size and general feel of a cigarette. I found her a cigalike from a company I trusted (I can't remember the manufacturer or model anymore) with a tiny automatic battery, tiny refillable cartos, and replaceable coils. The thing didn't last a week. Even after buying higher resistance coils, the hits were tiny and always tasted burnt, it leaked like a son of a {MODERATED}, and was basically just a $60 piece of {MODERATED}. That being said, it got her to try an ego style twist battery and evod clearos, which she still uses to this day. She'll never want an APV, or any big tanks or anything; which is fine, because she's comfortable with what she has. The point of this long-winded story is that even if you feel like (and are most likely right) a nicer system will be more satisfying for her, she may have already reached the end of her journey. As long as she's comfortable with it, and it keeps her from smoking, I say let it be. It may be frustrating, and generally a pain in the {MODERATED}, but that's what we do for loved ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread