Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
So I broke out my vapefly galaxies rdta yesterday and tried out a new coil
.5 ohm hive coil
3 times it spat hot juice to my mouth burnt the inside of my upper and lower lip and the tip of my tongue...man the one that got my tongue, it hurts badly even today....

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
.5 ohm hive coil
3 times it spat hot juice to my mouth burnt the inside of my upper and lower lip and the tip of my tongue...man the one that got my tongue, it hurts badly even today.
Ouch hate it when that happens.
I roll it as tight as I can, then I roll it a bit tighter....then I screw it in. Less air pockets means less trapped bubbles. I've also developed the habit of blowing before I suck. Think they call it priming....? :)

Delon

Dec 9, 2017
.5 ohm hive coil
3 times it spat hot juice to my mouth burnt the inside of my upper and lower lip and the tip of my tongue...man the one that got my tongue, it hurts badly even today....
Yep, I tend to stay away from hive and twisted wire builds, it's more of a gimmick than anything else, I suffered through burnt lips saga for days too, stick to clapton coils rather, it absorbs juice better from the surface when heated. . Remember, the more surface area, the better...

Delon

Dec 9, 2017
Na
Ouch hate it when that happens.
I roll it as tight as I can, then I roll it a bit tighter....then I screw it in. Less air pockets means less trapped bubbles. I've also developed the habit of blowing before I suck. Think they call it priming....? :)
Purging helps after filling for vacuum issues yes, reduces spit back for the first few puffs

Delon

Dec 9, 2017
.5 ohm hive coil
Just a tip for future... If you use new coils and aren't too sure about spit back etc, fire the devise without sucking on it, if it pops a lot anc consistently it's spitting

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
8 out of 5 times it's the cotton being too loose. the spitting can have something to do with the type of coil too. are you using coils with nooks & crannies, like those juggernaut coils? These types of coils have spots for juice to pool and snap crackle pop. I JAM cotton into my setups, & I CRAM excess cotton under the coils. Can't take spitback. Soon as it happens, I have to stop vaping and jam something in there til it stops. Can kind-of-almost tell when building, if it's going to spit, by looking at the way the juice vaporizes with the cap off of your atty.

Delon

Dec 9, 2017
I
8 out of 5 times it's the cotton being too loose. the spitting can have something to do with the type of coil too. are you using coils with nooks & crannies, like those juggernaut coils? These types of coils have spots for juice to pool and snap crackle pop. I JAM cotton into my setups, & I CRAM excess cotton under the coils. Can't take spitback. Soon as it happens, I have to stop vaping and jam something in there til it stops. Can kind-of-almost tell when building, if it's going to spit, by looking at the way the juice vaporizes with the cap off of your atty.
I get spitting from my vandyvape clapton wire which was no surprise as the surface area is to small for the juice to cook off it, it's round not flat wrapped. .Go figure, but amazing flavour tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread