Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
No, you can't use a 0.5Ω coil on a Spinner 2.

Due to the Amp limitations of your Spinner you need to use coils at 1.8Ω and higher. Any lower (if it fires) you risk venting your battery.

Sometime the manufacturer list a recommended wattage range for their coils. Look at the coil. It may be printed on it. That would give you some idea of what kind of power your next mod needs to be capable of delivering.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Dear God, no. That's not a vape pen, that's a pipe bomb. I am not sure the battery would fire it. If it's eGo branded, maybe not. But an off brand... it's not worth the risk. You can't get anywhere near the amps that tank will draw out of a spinner battery. If it fired, it would probably fail during the first puff, or at least become too hot to hold. It could vent toxic gas, or even explode. Do me a favor and don't do that, ok? If you want to subohm, go get a mod that will handle it; at least an iStick 30.

(Shudder)

Reactions: roxynoodle

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
Nope, nope, nope... ditto to all of the above. Safety first. Thanks for asking before trying it. I'm not sure if that battery can even fire that low. Even an iStick 30 is probably BARELY enough to scratch the surface with the Arctic. The Sigelei 50, Heatwave Defender 50, Heatwave Invader 50 mini, and lots of other mods at or above 50 watts will do nicely.

Reactions: hashtag

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
MVP 3.0 Pro... built like a brick, 60 watts max output, and battery life for days.

Or the Joyetech Evit-VT. Also 60 watts, more battery life, and temp control options to boot if you ever decide to go that route. Since you have the Arctic already, I'd look for the express kit with just the mod and no tank.

Both cost about the same.

Reactions: Mimikim1234

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Dear God, no. That's not a vape pen, that's a pipe bomb. I am not sure the battery would fire it. If it's eGo branded, maybe not. But an off brand... it's not worth the risk. You can't get anywhere near the amps that tank will draw out of a spinner battery. If it fired, it would probably fail during the first puff, or at least become too hot to hold. It could vent toxic gas, or even explode. Do me a favor and don't do that, ok? If you want to subohm, go get a mod that will handle it; at least an iStick 30.

(Shudder)

A lot of istick 30 will not Fire sub ohm coils.

I would recommend istick 50, Heat Vape 36 watt defender and the Coolfire4.

Coolfire4 4 and the Defender will Fire all the way down to.3 ohms.

The 30 either refuses to Fire or the watts level will not go below 6.6 watts.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
A lot of istick 30 will not Fire sub ohm coils.

I would recommend istick 50, Heat Vape 36 watt defender and the Coolfire4.

Coolfire4 4 and the Defender will Fire all the way down to.3 ohms.

The 30 either refuses to Fire or the watts level will not go below 6.6 watts.
^^^ what he said, and thanks for the correction. Just don't blow yourself up with that tootle puffing spinner.

Mimikim1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
Chicago
MVP 3.0 Pro... built like a brick, 60 watts max output, and battery life for days.

Or the Joyetech Evit-VT. Also 60 watts, more battery life, and temp control options to boot if you ever decide to go that route. Since you have the Arctic already, I'd look for the express kit with just the mod and no tank.

You can charge your phone on the mvp 3.0 pro. :D
You can also charge your spinner on it. :)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

I am not going Temperature control until they get away from Nickel coils. I have a slight allergy to Nickel on my skin. I am certainly not going to vape it.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
I am not going Temperature control until they get away from Nickel coils. I have a slight allergy to Nickel on my skin. I am certainly not going to vape it.
The EVIC VT supports titanium coils, too. Even without temp control, it makes a solid, long-life wattage regulating device with regular old kanthal coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread