Sub Ohm Progression

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019
@Alan'svapes, with the Jackaroo you would need an external charger that can charge 21700 batteries. As unfortunately or fortunately it has no onboard charging, but it does have a hidden micro USB port for upgrading the mod.

Vsticking VK530 is an interesting mod, uses a high end chipset made by YiHi. And TC on YiHi chipset is good.
CigaBuy

And if you want some really wild ideas, have you heard anything much about Squonk mods and Squonking?

It's where you use an RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser) with a BF Squonk pin and a Squonk mod with a liquid feed bottle and some plumbing to force liquid up through the 510 connector and the BF pin and into the RDA.

As coiling and wicking an RDA is much easier and forgiving than an RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomiser).

Two of the most interesting mods on the market there are the Lost Vape Drone Evolv DNA250C (has a leaking issue that you can fix easily) and the Dovpo Topside Carbon with undisclosed YiHi chipset (still waiting for retail release, as it's just being shown off at expos).

YiHi chips seem to be up there with DNA chips as some of the best. The VK530 looks a bit strange but could be a good option within my budget.
I've read a bit about squonking but don't think I'm ready to go for a rda squonk mod yet. That may be my next purchase down the road. I like the idea of them and the Vandy Vape ones look nice. Once I invest in batteries and a charger buying a squonk mod won't be that much extra later on. The lost Vape Drone is out of my budget for now but looks nice.

Reactions: Mordacai

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
@Alan'svapes, with the Jackaroo you would need an external charger that can charge 21700 batteries. As unfortunately or fortunately it has no onboard charging, but it does have a hidden micro USB port for upgrading the mod.

Vsticking VK530 is an interesting mod, uses a high end chipset made by YiHi. And TC on YiHi chipset is good.
CigaBuy

And if you want some really wild ideas, have you heard anything much about Squonk mods and Squonking?

It's where you use an RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomiser) with a BF Squonk pin and a Squonk mod with a liquid feed bottle and some plumbing to force liquid up through the 510 connector and the BF pin and into the RDA.

As coiling and wicking an RDA is much easier and forgiving than an RTA (Rebuildable Tank Atomiser).

Two of the most interesting mods on the market there are the Lost Vape Drone Evolv DNA250C (has a leaking issue that you can fix easily) and the Dovpo Topside Carbon with undisclosed YiHi chipset (still waiting for retail release, as it's just being shown off at expos).

Any idea what the price range is expected to be on that Topside? Lots of people talking about it but I think it’s going to be expensive.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Yes @Alan'svapes, Drone is nice but expensive. Fasttech has some of the best prices for them, approx $116 if I remember rightly using MAP code (if you get anything from them always try it, got some Thunderhead Creations Tauren SOLO RDA's for around $18 each that way).

And can't go too wrong with the VK530, should serve you very well. May not have SX Mini build quality, but has one of their YiHi chipsets in it. So it's got it where it counts, and you can always try Dripping with an RDA with it. As, tanks can sometimes be a pain to work with.

And with the Topside, there's 2 versions. Topside (21700) and Dual (2 × 18650), folks are still waiting to see if Dovpo will make a Carbon 21700 version. As the Topside is smaller, lighter and fits the hand better.

@DeloresRose, Dovpo are keeping quiet about the retail price at the moment. So somewhere around a small large fee possibly.

Reactions: Izan

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019
The Aegis is a good beginner mod, and the leather is fake leather not real I have two different Aegis and both have the fake leather. The new Aegis Solo Kit is a great single 18650 mod for a beginner, the tank it come with is "Baby Beast" coil compatible so that means many different brands will fit. For tanks I would recommend you find out what coils your local vape shops carry. No point in getting a tank and then not being able to get coils when needed.

Are you sure that it's not real leather? On multiple sites they are saying that it's leather which worries me.
Reason I was thinking of going down the Voopoo drag 2/mini (not thinking internal battery anymore) was that I know shops around me that sell the coils for the Uforce tanks and have the fireluke freemesh coils I could try too. I also read on a Reddit post that the Uforce tank can take Smok baby beast coils too which you can find in a lot of places. Whether that's right I'm not sure. I have seen the Voopoo rex online for £18 (with 10%off) which would give me a backup single 18650 mod and the Uforce tank. Comes with 2 coils too (as most do) so seems a steal really. It would give me some time to make a decision on what mod to buy as well.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
had enough of MTL
Welcome and glad you joined.
Good luck in sub ohm'g, could check out:
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Suggest posting in :
Sub-Ohm
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.

alanstrange5

Apr 29, 2019
Welcome and glad you joined.
Good luck in sub ohm'g, could check out:
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Suggest posting in :
Sub-Ohm
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.
@BrotherBob thanks for the info. I'll do that in future and I'm sure I'll be posting and getting more involved in the coming months :)

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread