sub ohm vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraceKira

Dec 19, 2015
Hi all
I have an Ni 0.15 Ohm resistance. I vaped previously on a 1.2 Ohm Resistace with 18 mg nicotine
I switched to subohm but i didnt knew the vape gets more concentrated and it hurt my throat ( i though that the coils where getting burned)
Now i dialed back x3 less to 6mg 0.5 Ohm. Is this too high also? Should i get to 3 mg?
What if i switch to lower resist 0.15 Ohms.... shall i lower nic content more ?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
It's usually a good idea to lower your nic when you move to subohm, as you have done. There is no absolute nic value to tell you, it's about what works for you. If it isn't hurting your throat, and not making your head spin or making you nauseous, but is still strong enough to stop the cigarette cravings, I'd say you're in the right spot. The Ni .15Ω coil should be run in Temp mode. If you move to a lower coil value, but it is still a Temp coil, the "strength" of the vape will be controlled by the temp you set, not the coil value. If you go to a lower value wattage coil, you will again have to try and see what works for you. You know how already; if your throat hurts o your head spins, that's too much :)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I use a high powered quad coil arrangement. Four coils - 0.15 ohm's at 43.5w. I use a four and a half milligramme nicotine e-liquid solution with this device.

I also use a low powered mod with a single coil RTA. 1.7 ohm coil at 4v. For this device i use a 24 milligramme e-liquid solution.

The more vapour produced - the less nicotine needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread